Any NASCAR fans?

nezquic66 said:
I’m a HUGE race fan. I’ve seen to about half the tracks and close to 50 Cup races. I actually went to the Daytona 500 this year, which was unique with COVID. I’m also a big IndyCar & F1 fan
That's awesome! I love IndyCar too, call me a bandwagoner but I love me some Scott Dixon

Reactions: nezquic66
I was big on NASCAR when I was a kid but I stopped watching after Ricky Rudd retired (my favorite driver). Im now more into formula 1.

boostergold said:
I was big on NASCAR when I was a kid but I stopped watching after Ricky Rudd retired (my favorite driver). Im now more into formula 1.
Formula one is really fun too! I've been trying to get into it, I'm a fan of Vettel and Perez and it sucks they couldn't have been teammates this year. Ricky Rudd was pretty awesome though, from what I've seen at least, I love his fancy footwork he had at the road courses!

Not as into it as I once was. I actually spent over a decade as a NASCAR official. I went from paying to get in the track every week to being paid to do about the same thing... watch the cars go round.

willnotwill said:
Not as into it as I once was. I actually spent over a decade as a NASCAR official. I went from paying to get in the track every week to being paid to do about the same thing... watch the cars go round.
Sounds like a fun job! Though I imagine it'd eventually get boring week after week.

Been a fan since I was a kid. Grew up a Rusty Wallace fan. Wandered around for a few years after he retired before coming back to the #2 car when Keselowski took over. Also a fan of the other Penske drivers, along with the #21 car.

AAO said:
Been a fan since I was a kid. Grew up a Rusty Wallace fan. Wandered around for a few years after he retired before coming back to the #2 car when Keselowski took over. Also a fan of the other Penske drivers, along with the #21 car.
I actually got me meet Rusty when I was 17. Then I switched to Carl Edwards. Now I am a Denny Hamlin fan

Reactions: Couldntthinkofausername
babyjoe698 said:
I actually got me meet Rusty when I was 17. Then I switched to Carl Edwards. Now I am a Denny Hamlin fan
Awesome to see a fellow Denny Hamlin fan! Where do you think he's gonna get his first win of the year?

I think he will get it Saturday night

babyjoe698 said:
I think he will get it Saturday night
He's got good odds, even if Marinsville didn't treat him too well last year.

I used to love NASCAR years ago when they still had factory sponsored teams, but ever since then it has gone downhill in my opinion. If you like having everyone driving the same thing then you should be very happy with what they’ve done to it.

Reactions: JensBabyGirl
I like my car races to have right turns. 😁

tails1234 said:
I like my car races to have right turns. 😁
20% of the Cup Series races have left and right turns this season.

I was the keyboardist for a very good rock cover band and we were the band that played for the wedding reception for Joe Gibbs pitcrew chief, Petry. Security was amazing; two big guys who looked like they were X Navy Seals. There were some young women who tried to crash the event and they were politely turned away. There was a large fishing skiff in the room and it was filled with wrapped wedding presents.

Couldntthinkofausername said:
Formula one is really fun too! I've been trying to get into it, I'm a fan of Vettel and Perez and it sucks they couldn't have been teammates this year. Ricky Rudd was pretty awesome though, from what I've seen at least, I love his fancy footwork he had at the road courses!
I wanted to grow up to be Ricky Rudd so bad. I think perez getting a chance with a better car this year is going to push him to the top this year, especially after that win in Bahrain last year when he came in first after being in last place. Im sure Vettel is happy to get away from Ferrari after their cars sucking the last two seasons

boostergold said:
I wanted to grow up to be Ricky Rudd so bad. I think perez getting a chance with a better car this year is going to push him to the top this year, especially after that win in Bahrain last year when he came in first after being in last place. Im sure Vettel is happy to get away from Ferrari after their cars sucking the last two seasons
I definitely think Perez and Vettel are both in better situations now. Perez and Verstappen in Red Bull might be the only drivers that can put an end to Sir Lewis Hamilton's domination this season.

Reactions: nezquic66 and boostergold
Couldntthinkofausername said:
Sounds like a fun job! Though I imagine it'd eventually get boring week after week.
I enjoyed it. Mostly it was the issue with me having to work every Saturday night from April to October that began to wear on my wife.

Zeke said:
I used to love NASCAR years ago when they still had factory sponsored teams, but ever since then it has gone downhill in my opinion. If you like having everyone driving the same thing then you should be very happy with what they’ve done to it.
I agree. I would love to see an “unlimited” class, sort of Run Whatcha Brung and Hope You Brought Enough race....
Limited rules, unlimited horsepower

Reactions: nezquic66 and Zeke
Back