I Received a Letter From Ninjamas Today

grst

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When Ninjamas first came out I was one of the first people to order them. I have a 10 year old son that actually wets the bed, but of course I grabbed some for my own purposes. Well, despite him only being 85 pounds, Ninjamas were very tight on him. In fact, we ended up giving most of the box to a smaller cousin. I complained to P&G and they sent a $28 prepaid debit card to repay me for the purchase. Well, today I got a surprise package in the mail that I was not expecting. Inside was two whole boxes of Ninjamas and a letter. My son just put one on for bed and they, surprisingly, fit him decently. Much improved over the previous product. Still not enough that I can get one on my 36 inch waist, but they aren’t for me anyway. I will have to get some measurements comparing the new ones to the old ones. It still isn’t enough, and I still don’t believe that they will actually fit him all the way up to 125lbs, but it’s a start. It means they are actually listening, and I plan to continue to give them feedback. I have a 13 year old nephew that is closer to the 125 lbs and I will see if they actually fit him before sending more feedback to P&G. However, I now have 2 boxes of product that fit my son for now, so that’s something! 694763E6-63BD-40DC-873A-17C09FCE2067.jpeg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: CookieMonstah, Tigondegra, ronnieM and 16 others
So far the only difference I can find after stretching them out completely is about an inch more stretch from the front elastic and about a half inch more from the back elastic. There seems to be about 1/4 inch more overall length. The changes they made were incredibly minimal.

• Love
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s, TigerDL and GoodnitesXL21
Came here to post the same. Same story about contacting P&G a while back and getting the $28 card as a refund. I saw a 10-lb package on my FedEx delivery manager a few days ago and wondered what the heck it could be. They sent the boys' instead of girls'. I wonder if these are special larger ones that aren't in general distribution. Good to know that you found little difference between them.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
This is great news! I just need them to be a little bit bigger than the initial release L/XL.😒 The side seams are weak and rip (partially) occasionally on me overnight. Pre-stretching the sides helped a lot with that. They are a little snugger than I'd like, not uncomfortable and don't dig into me or anything. They look fine and don't look distorted or weird either. Pampers always seems to have weird side panel problems on all their stuff.😡

These size adjustments sound like they may fit perfect on me! :love: I really only just need the sides to have just a tiny bit more stretch.
Although the 3 channel core is weird when swelled, I think the absorption is quicker than Goodnites and at least the same capacity, possibly a little more. The double leak guards are also are superior to Goodnites IMO. In fact I just literally wore one a couple of nights ago and was examining the leak guards with it on. They are gentler and both leak guard sets seem to have a better overall "hug" than Goodnites.

If these do fit better, I'll use these more than Goodnites for sure. The new XL Goodnites are an improvement in size, but they really are only just going back to a size they were previously🙄. Ninjamas if they were the same size as the new XL Goodnites would be the superior product IMO.

GoodnitesXL21 said:
This is great news! I just need them to be a little bit bigger than the initial release L/XL.😒 The side seams are weak and rip (partially) occasionally on me overnight. Pre-stretching the sides helped a lot with that. They are a little snugger than I'd like, not uncomfortable and don't dig into me or anything. They look fine and don't look distorted or weird either. Pampers always seems to have weird side panel problems on all their stuff.😡

These size adjustments sound like they may fit perfect on me! :love: I really only just need the sides to have just a tiny bit more stretch.
Although the 3 channel core is weird when swelled, I think the absorption is quicker than Goodnites and at least the same capacity, possibly a little more. The double leak guards are also are superior to Goodnites IMO. In fact I just literally wore one a couple of nights ago and was examining the leak guards with it on. They are gentler and both leak guard sets seem to have a better overall "hug" than Goodnites.

If these do fit better, I'll use these more than Goodnites for sure. The new XL Goodnites are an improvement in size, but they really are only just going back to a size they were previously🙄. Ninjamas if they were the same size as the new XL Goodnites would be the superior product IMO.

I just tear the elastic off the front of a used pant, cut it in half, and hot glue it into the middle of the side seams. I agree that the 3-channel core absorbs faster than Goodnites. I have to dribble into Goodnites. I can completely flood a Ninjamas and not have to worry about it leaking.

Reactions: Angelapinks and JohnQDiaper
Does anyone know if the new and improved fit have any indication on the package stating that it is improved?

I really hope Ninjamas truly fixed their L/XL. They need to be more competitive with Goodnites.

bnet said:
Does anyone know if the new and improved fit have any indication on the package stating that it is improved?
The boxes they sent me looked EXACTLY the same. The fit wasn’t much different either. About an inch difference overall, just in width. Same rise as before.

• Sad
Reactions: 12srepaid
I saw something new on their page a couple days ago regarding this. Not sure how long it's been there though. Scroll down just below the comparison chart. . .

Filled out and sent in the paperwork yesterday so I will see how long it takes to get something back from them.

Reactions: Angelapinks, DLScottsman and hanzertas
I will wait a long while before getting more. I do like them as stuffers as I like the channels. They will hold more than expected for what it is. Not as much as an XL Goodnight. Keep us informed and if you can get pictures with measurements that would be great.

I'm interested in the news on their re-sizing of L/XL, if they're not run by a bunch of idiots they should have made them comparable in size, fit and stretch to L/XL Goodnites, and now they'll have to compete with Goodnites and the split sizes

Reactions: 12srepaid
FudgedInLuvs said:
I'm interested in the news on their re-sizing of L/XL, if they're not run by a bunch of idiots they should have made them comparable in size, fit and stretch to L/XL Goodnites, and now they'll have to compete with Goodnites and the split sizes
They don't have to. I feel like it's been a token effort over the years. Luvs had one for a while. They were one of the better competitors I've seen over the years but their run was very short lived. I'm honestly surprised Underjams didn't disappear off the shelves years ago. If anything, hopefully Ninjamas will get better and Underjams will be discontinued. Then P&G can focus on one line instead of two. Although I think Underjams have only been redesigned once or maybe twice ever, and I think those were only cosmetic changes anyway.

And I do believe P&G own Luvs as well so. . .

Last edited:
That’s really interesting. I have been wanting to try Ninjamas for some time. Biggest reason I haven’t is because the only store in my area that sells them is CVS and they are rather expensive. I want to give them a shot though. It’s a good time since I’m running low on Goodnites. I might give these a shot, but I don’t think the ones in my are of a newer batch.

So has anybody had a chance to try the updated LXL size?

JohnQDiaper said:
They don't have to. I feel like it's been a token effort over the years. Luvs had one for a while. They were one of the better competitors I've seen over the years but their run was very short lived. I'm honestly surprised Underjams didn't disappear off the shelves years ago. If anything, hopefully Ninjamas will get better and Underjams will be discontinued. Then P&G can focus on one line instead of two. Although I think Underjams have only been redesigned once or maybe twice ever, and I think those were only cosmetic changes anyway.

And I do believe P&G own Luvs as well so. . .
Wow, I didn't know that Luvs had a competing product, they're my favorite brand, wish those were still around or that there was a modern variant! Thinking the same thing on Underjams, of anything they'll just be absorbed by ninjamas. Still think that having sizes around the same as the competition is what they need to keep the brand alive instead of a barely larger then 4t-5t pull up where people will just end up with the competitor down the road

FudgedInLuvs said:
Wow, I didn't know that Luvs had a competing product, they're my favorite brand, wish those were still around or that there was a modern variant! Thinking the same thing on Underjams, of anything they'll just be absorbed by ninjamas. Still think that having sizes around the same as the competition is what they need to keep the brand alive instead of a barely larger then 4t-5t pull up where people will just end up with the competitor down the road

Took a bit of digging as I couldn't remember the name and I don't know if I still have the package or where it might be buried but look up Luvs Sleepdrys and you'll find some pictures. It looks as though you might be able to get your hands on some as well as I saw some e-bay listings.

Reactions: FudgedInLuvs
Luvs SleepDrys were around briefly in the early 2000’s. I bout a pack of the Large size, but they were much smaller than Goodnites (especially then, when Goodnites were still a bit larger than today but quickly shrinking as the decade went on).

I emailed Ninjamas on Saturday and got a reply back on Sunday. Should be 6 to 8 weeks total time for delivery of my Ninjamas so I've got two to four weeks yet.

Someone has news about the revised size L/XL ?

Back