UK disposable nappy nostalgia 80s/90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChocChip said:
Yeah, fake ads are probably a bit dodgy, I’d only consider posting them if the person pictured is clearly over 18, and even then, the picture may not have been used with the subject’s consent, or may come from a pay site etc.
I second that!

Thank you. I can see the first pack as being fake now.

I'd like a section for fakes, but ONLY if you PCS is up to it.

Last edited:
12srepaid said:
Thank you. I can see the first pack as being fake now.

I'd like a section for fakes, but ONLY if you PCS is up to it.
Feel free to create a thread yourself if you are interested in them, but the intention for this thread was for genuine product pictures and information from the 80s and 90s.

Reactions: 12srepaid
Yeah, and given what I said about pictures of unknown source, it’s perhaps not the best idea (I’ve been moderated before for posting captioned pictures of women in nappies from other sites...)

Reactions: PCS
And this genuine product pictures from big kids diaper package and big kids diapers.
Did you find upload fake and pastie ads?

PCS said:
Feel free to create a thread yourself if you are interested in them, but the intention for this thread was for genuine product pictures and information from the 80s and 90s.
I understand that.
I misread, one of your comments, and I thought that I read that you might consider doing that. But instead, you told 'em that he's free to open up as thread.

No, that post is not okay. I'm reporting it.

Reactions: ChocChip and Alastair
Not the intention of the thread, as has been made clear.

This is a fake pasted ad featuring under 18s.

The intention of this thread was to find genuine product pictures and info for things from the 80s and 90s.

Please remove.

Reactions: Deleted member 9978 and ChocChip
Could someone please remove post #147?

This is not the sort of thing I would invite here and is definitely off topic as well as questionable.

Reactions: LittleScotty and billybobtombo
PCS said:
Could someone please remove post #147?

This is not the sort of thing I would invite here and is definitely off topic as well as questionable.
I think it just needs a mod/admin to log on, as long as you’ve reported it then it will have been flagged up.

I can’t believe they went ahead and posted it after being warned in advance by more than one person that it would be considered inappropriate...

ChocChip said:
I think it just needs a mod/admin to log on, as long as you’ve reported it then it will have been flagged up.

I can’t believe they went ahead and posted it after being warned in advance by more than one person that it would be considered inappropriate...
We’ve had an influx of questionable users recently...

Thanks Admin!

Reactions: Deleted member 9978 and PCS
PCS said:
Not the intention of the thread, as has been made clear.

This is a fake pasted ad featuring under 18s.

The intention of this thread was to find genuine product pictures and info for things from the 80s and 90s.

Please remove.
Oops! Now that the offending post has been removed, the request that it be removed is now #147!

For reference for anyone reading this after the event, a user posted a fake advert for nappies featuring pictures of under 18s.

Whilst this thread contains product images, ads and information for those (like me!) who are interested in the nappies that were available when we were children, I most certainly do not want people to post fake adverts which are obviously created for fantasy purposes.

If that sort of thing interests you, I think the majority of people here are not OK with fake fantasy ads featuring pictures of under 18s.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleScotty and ChocChip
I quite like fake fantasy nappy ads featuring over 18s, but this perhaps isn’t the right site for those either...

Reactions: WeakEndPartyPerson
PCS said:
Not a UK one but we had the exact same nappies in 1989. Anyone care to translate from the German?
Here you are.

Typewriter: "new pampers are enthusing boys and girls"
Woman: "My name is Nicola Vogt. As a freelance journalist and mother, I was expected to find out whether the new Pampers keep boys and girls drier.
My children [unintelligible female name] and Dietrich helped me. At first, we tested conventional nappies, specifically at a time when it's critical - at night. But in this case, the children sometimes were wet, Dietrich in the front and [unintelligible] in the middle. With Pampers boys & girls, it's different. In the morning, the children are pleasantly dry, on the outside as well as on the inside.
I'll show you. Here, I compare one with a conventional nappy. If you excert pressure on it after 30 minutes, wetness may leak from the conventional nappy. On the other hand, Pampers remain pleasantly dry.
For us, it's certain: dry boys and girls usually are Pampers boys and girls."

ElPulpo said:
Here you are.

Typewriter: "new pampers are enthusing boys and girls"
Woman: "My name is Nicola Vogt. As a freelance journalist and mother, I was expected to find out whether the new Pampers keep boys and girls drier.
My children [unintelligible female name] and Dietrich helped me. At first, we tested conventional nappies, specifically at a time when it's critical - at night. But in this case, the children sometimes were wet, Dietrich in the front and [unintelligible] in the middle. With Pampers boys & girls, it's different. In the morning, the children are pleasantly dry, on the outside as well as on the inside.
I'll show you. Here, I compare one with a conventional nappy. If you excert pressure on it after 30 minutes, wetness may leak from the conventional nappy. On the other hand, Pampers remain pleasantly dry.
For us, it's certain: dry boys and girls usually are Pampers boys and girls."
Thanks!
👍

Shame she didn’t test one out on herself ;)

1614443791107.jpeg

These were available in the UK before they went gender specific. This would be about mid 80s.

Reactions: Deleted member 77437
1614444341042.jpeg
I don’t know what size these are but this is what Peaudouce Babyslips looked like in the 80s. I remember these well.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, Thalie, billybobtombo and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back