If you could design your own diaper...? 🤔

BobbiSueEllen said:
I used to love that texture, it screamed "Pampers". When I wore my first big diaper in 1981, I'd run my hand over a diaper--whether out of the box or on me--just to feel it. It was one of the little clues that told me I was back in diapers again. It was incredible... 🥰
A few years back I looked on eBay and saw somebody posted a picture of a few cases containing boxes of those toddler size Pampers. I thought it was ridiculous expensive, something like 60 bucs for a box of 12. I was so on the fence about it because that's a lot of money to be spending on diapers I'm not even going to wear. I'm so glad I did, because like like you mentioned, just touching that texture while wearing my adult sized diaper brings me right back to those days I was actually in Pampers. I took one diaper out of the box to enjoy and touch, And I also enjoy seeing the others stacked in the box as it reminds me of those days seeing a nursery and wishing I could grab the diapers on the shelf.

Unfortunately there is no more Pampers scent in them, and the glue in the tapes have solidified. But that makes sense they are probably over 40 years old! I'm so glad I ended up buying a box. I rarely see them available in that size in a sealed box, and when they are posted they are over 200!

Reactions: 70sPampers and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
I used to love that texture, it screamed "Pampers". When I wore my first big diaper in 1981, I'd run my hand over a diaper--whether out of the box or on me--just to feel it. It was one of the little clues that told me I was back in diapers again. It was incredible... 🥰
I thought I was crazy remembering that texture. ABU made recent run of Peekabus that were very similar...maybe about 35% there in terms of texture. It seems to be gone in the current run. 😣. I think it was the go-to plastic years ago. Not only diapers but disposable table cloths, bibs and so forth.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Reactions: GinAndTonixx and LuvMyDiapers
Goodnites XL with either Sleeping Beauty or Barbie designs.

• Love
Reactions: Goodnites4Ever1997
1) Pampers Cruisers just about NEVER leaked when my kids were small and they swelled from flat to a couple inches thick. So that’s one thing.
2) Id like to see a diaper that’s something like a Betterdry with a thick layer of pulp only on the inside. So keep the SAP layer to the outer part but make the entire inside layer pulp that wicks perfectly.
3) For the love of everything holy, would someone please make diapers with side padding all the way to the end? I have to put boosters on both sides every time. 4) maybe combine all of the above into a diaper that will weigh 8 pounds when saturated but will not have leaked yet and won’t require any boosters.
5) Full body diaper akin to footed pajamas but a diaper. Totally not practical to fully use but omg I want to at least simulate that someday.

This is what I wish to be made. It is triple thick in the crotch , but entire diaper should be.

Attachments

• Resized_20200809_085517.jpeg
    Resized_20200809_085517.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
They’re called
Subtlerustle said:
Dude, you gotta share this. 😃
They’re called adult chows, or dr absorbency. 👌🏻

Attachments

• 09409C73-1B6F-4FBF-A42A-BE82647CC73E.jpeg
    09409C73-1B6F-4FBF-A42A-BE82647CC73E.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: LuvMyDiapers and BobbiSueEllen
I'd like more variety in ABDL diapers that aren't so little/ab looking. More variety in print designs.

GinAndTonixx said:
They’re called

They’re called adult chows, or dr absorbency. 👌🏻
Cool. Thanks I will have a search.

Reactions: GinAndTonixx and BobbiSueEllen
Lumosillustrati said:
I'd like more variety in ABDL diapers that aren't so little/ab looking. More variety in print designs.
I could get behind that as well, some variety in options from AB-ish, to little, to adult. Think what makes adult style prints really boils down to copyright laws/infringement/permission with themes and logos. Though, while not a fan of messing, if there were USC themed diapers, I'd never sit on a toilet again, go ND!

Reactions: TopGunsDL, GinAndTonixx and BobbiSueEllen
See? Now you've gotten me started, and I'm sure no one wants me to keep blabbering on about this. Oh, wait, I'm here. Yes, y'all do.

Warning, this post is the cloth Kidult addition, so you might see some terms you never have before.

I'm a wheelchair user, with a hand that does what I want it to, most of the time, and the other hand is a helper hand. Cloth, by virtue of not being disposable, can hold up to being yanked up by my one good hand. The elastic also can be less of a pain in the, well, legs and back, because it needn't be the cheap stuff. Mine will be polyurethane elastic, which is super soft and stretchy, and leaves fewer marks on the skin.

I'm one of those people who gets all sour grapey about being pulled into a particular age range, so, all my bases have to be covered, so I can feel my way through Littling. My design is a bit ambiguous because of that.

It would leave most people wondering, "Well, she's Little, but, what. . . Is she? Is she a Little bABy Girl, a toddler, or a Little Lady?"

My design pulls on, because with one hand that works mostly well, it's easier. It has double gussets, like a good cloth diaper, and can be fully assaulted, like a good cloth diaper, and is cute as about 500 buttons, even if the characters or themes aren't directed at any particular age range, like a good cloth diaper, but it opens at the sides, like a pull-up, but you'd never know it opens at all, because big girl panties don't open up, so, shhh! Don't tell! Did I mention it's thick enough to be fully assaulted, and cute as about 500 buttons, so, I'm not fooling anyone.

It just makes the bigger chunks of my, "age soup," feel better.

I'll use ProSoft polyurethane laminate, because it's so soft, that it doesn't feel like. . . What it technically is, and yes, I know it is; that doesn't mean you have to call it one! It's also quiet enough not to sound like a. . . Well, you know. I said shh!

My design protects all the way around, but as you get to the closures, everything becomes half thickness, because 2 halves make a whole, and that's why you can't tell it comes open. Shh! The side closures themselves haven't been seen before, anywhere in the cloth diaper world. They're self-engaging fasteners. It's like velcro and snaps had a baby. Anyone who's dealt with diaper chaining in the washer knows why these are amazing. For those who don't know, velcro can suck, because if you forget to put the laundry tabs down, it can stick to everything! Grrr!

It's an All in 2 system, which we don't have, yet. That means the absorbency snaps into the shell. It's also sized, because we're grown, and the size we are, is the size we stay. I mean, it'll be adjustable, within reason, but we're not still growing. Rise snaps are ugly as sin! I'm going to try to use the pre-prepared fabrics, because everybody hates prepping. There's lots of Zorb 3D dimple fabrics, especially bamboo, (because OMG how soft is bamboo?!? Seriously?!? Is there anything softer? It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!), some hemp fabric, just for the reduced press-out, a tad bit of microfiber terry, but not much, because it holds stink, and stretch fit dry QWick fabric against the skin. All this is assuming Wazoodle hasn't come up with new super awesome fabrics. We're starting to be able to keep up, and there are a few ways cloth beats disposable. My goal is to beat them at every turn! Mwahahaha! Don't think you're going to save the planet cloth diapering, though. You're either a clothie, or not. If you're a clothie, the only thing saved will be money, and your sanity.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, emp711, GinAndTonixx and 1 other person
Basically a identical Pampers nappy from the early 80s . Just that. Obviously a bit larger!!

Reactions: Deleted member 56273, GinAndTonixx and BobbiSueEllen
GinAndTonixx said:
My question to you is..

iIf you could design your own diapers, colour, backing, tapes, landing strips, scents etc... what would you do?
have one with more padding up front for men!

Reactions: GinAndTonixx, DL0202 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
BSE, this 70s version of the diamond embossing (as compared to the 60s version where the diamond embossing is--for lack of a better description--"inside out") is what MADE me into the DL that I am today! Yes, the heavenly Pampers scent, and the other signature Pampers features were also important (the pleated design, the early non-hourglass shape, the early non-SAP padding, the lack of leg gathers in the early 70s versions, etc), but that damned diamond embossing gets me to "swooning" every time! Like you, I remember running my hands lightly over my diapers and caressing that soft, supple diamond embossed plastic just to take in the textile sensory experience. You can imagine how good it felt next to the hands when I was ages 3 to about 7... imagine my delight when I discovered as a pubescent teen (and now adult) how GOOD it felt next to my... er... um... private parts! WOW!

• Love
Reactions: LuvMyDiapers, Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
LMD, So you wore these vintage style fanfold Pampers when you were a baby also? Me too! I am in my 50s (I think BobbieSueEllen is also) so you must be near our age, right? Anyway, do you still have any of those that you bought on eBay left? If so, why not post a few pix for us here to enjoy? Like I told BSE, I go crazy for that diamond embossing! But perhaps the difference for me is that I am actually sexually turned on by that embossed plastic and thus I have no use for adult diapers. Instead the real baby sized diapers are all I need to keep me happy.Diapers38 - Copy.jpgDiapers68 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, LuvMyDiapers, Deleted member 56273 and 1 other person
My perfectly designed diaper was already made by P&G back in the 70s when Pampers were fanfold/wingfold/pleated, a single tape on each side, scented, all white, no SAP, no leg gathers, no baby prints, no landing zones, and came with "rubberized" diamond embossed plastic!

The only problem? I cannot fit into them as a 50+ year old adult. (d-oh!)

Solution? Take all of those baby sized features and simply scale them up to fit us adults.

Problem solved.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
Subtlerustle said:
I thought I was crazy remembering that texture. ABU made recent run of Peekabus that were very similar...maybe about 35% there in terms of texture. It seems to be gone in the current run. 😣. I think it was the go-to plastic years ago. Not only diapers but disposable table cloths, bibs and so forth.
I think that a lot of us adults with ABDLism remember that unique diamond embossed plastic feeling when we ran our hands across it as babies or toddlers. (What else is there to do when you are sitting around in a diaper all day, right?) As a DL myself, that diamond embossed plastic (or as others say, "rubberized plastic") is what makes or breaks a perfect diaper for me or not.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Deleted member 56273
70sPampers said:
I think that a lot of us adults with ABDLism remember that unique diamond embossed plastic feeling when we ran our hands across it as babies or toddlers. (What else is there to do when you are sitting around in a diaper all day, right?) As a DL myself, that diamond embossed plastic (or as others say, "rubberized plastic") is what makes or breaks a perfect diaper for me or not.

You're not alone as @BobbiSueEllen and I are addicted to that crinkly "rubberized" plastic.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BabyTweetyBird said:
You're not alone as @BobbiSueEllen and I are addicted to that crinkly "rubberized" plastic.
Glad to know that I am in good company!

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Deleted member 56273
Back