If you could design your own diaper...? 🤔

That’s easy. Mine would look like the old Luvs.

Reactions: GinAndTonixx and PlastiBrain
Just an adult-sized version of Luvs before 2017 when they introduced those three channels that make the diaper swell less. Or before Luvs stopped doing the plastic-backing. I would also accept an adult-sized version of Pampers before they went cloth-backed.

The only differences, and I mean the only ones, would be more absorbency for an adult, like NorthShore Megamax absorbency, and maybe 4 tapes instead of just 2, in case 2 tapes aren't strong enough to hold up the soaked diaper.

Oh, and maybe all white versions sold, too, inside and out.

Babyspace1947 said:
That’s easy. Mine would look like the old Luvs.
Yes!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: boredofwheelchair, GinAndTonixx and PlastiBrain
My biggest customization would be a custom shape to better fit my body, and more padding in the front wings to help with side sleeping/leak issues. Probably stick with tapes and landing zones. Lesser designs and plain white are more my style. I like both the squishiness of SAP and the bulk of pulp fiber, so having both or a custom mix could also be a customization I'd make.

-Goss

Reactions: GinAndTonixx
Just like the modern day Pampers. I want to be a modern day baby, with the latest nappies available 🤣

Reactions: MarshallfromPawPatrol, GinAndTonixx and PlastiBrain
So I'd take the length of a medium megamax, keep the soft outside plastic and absorbent core along with the inside leak guards the same width and length as the current mega max, expand the outside plastic ruffles 1" wider in both directions. The tapes would be replaced with a stretch tape much like what bambino uses, except it wouldnt be entirely one piece with two tapes, it would be one piece but where the 2 tapes connect there would be a perforation between the two that it meant to be split 4 " so you can angle the tapes properly, the front of the diaper would have a soft velcro landing zone for the tapes / fasteners.

plain white with plastic backing, no sap and as thick of padding as possible

Reactions: littledub1955, GinAndTonixx, LatinLex and 2 others
I would create a diaper which has string threaded through each leg band so you can tie them like a shoe lace & not have to rely on that elastic stuff which just looses its tightness after a while. Being able to tie around each leg (& possible the waist) means the diaper shall fit anyone. Plastic backed of course!

Reactions: littledub1955 and GinAndTonixx
bring the padding on the front wings all the way to end of wings for side protection.

Reactions: littledub1955 and GinAndTonixx

Reactions: GinAndTonixx and BobbiSueEllen
Why mess with perfection?

Pampers Cruiser in Adult size!

Reactions: boredofwheelchair, GinAndTonixx and BobbiSueEllen
I would increase the thickness of the diaper, so it was at least twice as thick , an increas in the SAP would happen through out total length of the diaper,
increase the total length of the diaper so it rides higher, which should help keep bedding dry,
As far as colors or designs, I prefer a all white diaper.

Reactions: littledub1955, GinAndTonixx and BobbiSueEllen
i think i would just put stripes and sparkles on it in cool patterns and all my favorite colors :D and also, i would make it hold soooo much and never EVER leak :3

BobbiSueEllen said:
I'd want two types of Big Baby diapers...

(1) pre-1985 Pampers fanfold: thick, super-soft, fluffy, single BIG tape per side, all-white and with that wonderfully-invasive, sweet Pampers smell...and;
(2) a wider, more-rectangular modern-style diaper with no front wings, stretchy hook/loop single tabs in back, more cushy-soft padding, lots of gel in front & middle for side/tummy sleepers...no printing but a solid baby pink/baby blue would be great, in addition to plain white. I don't like any prints, way too garish for me. But still with that Pampers smell.

That's it! 🥰🥰🥰

Pampers plastic and scent through the 70s (maybe was the same to 1985?) was amazzzzzing! If Rearz could make any of their diapers to have this type of plastic & scent, I'd be in heaven!

• Love
Reactions: Subtlerustle, GinAndTonixx and BobbiSueEllen
LuvMyDiapers said:
Pampers plastic and scent through the 70s (maybe was the same to 1985?) was amazzzzzing! If Rearz could make any of their diapers to have this type of plastic & scent, I'd be in heaven!
So, you're talking about the embossed diamond microtexture plastic? That's what fanfold Pampers used. And the scent used back then was very close...just as wonderful. Pampers scenting is addicting.

Here's a weird one: remember those Mrs. Beasley dolls Mattel made and sold in the '60s and '70s? The one Buffy from Family Affair always had (I own one...and it talks!)? For a brief time, they experimented with stuffing content: 60% shredded clippings and 30% shredded cellulose...the latter of which ended up being chopped-up Pampers diapers. How could one tell? There were large bits of diamond-embossed plastic sheet in the doll aling with the diaper fluff...the dead-giveaway trademark of Pampers. My Mrs. Beasley has no Pampers in her but she has worn Pampers before! 🤭🥰

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Deleted member 56273, GinAndTonixx and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
So, you're talking about the embossed diamond microtexture plastic? That's what fanfold Pampers used. And the scent used back then was very close...just as wonderful. Pampers scenting is addicting.

Here's a weird one: remember those Mrs. Beasley dolls Mattel made and sold in the '60s and '70s? The one Buffy from Family Affair always had (I own one...and it talks!)? For a brief time, they experimented with stuffing content: 60% shredded clippings and 30% shredded cellulose...the latter of which ended up being chopped-up Pampers diapers. How could one tell? There were large bits of diamond-embossed plastic sheet in the doll aling with the diaper fluff...the dead-giveaway trademark of Pampers. My Mrs. Beasley has no Pampers in her but she has worn Pampers before! 🤭🥰

Ok, I LUV that we now know a technical name for that plastic!!!! And assuming what you're describing is the same as what's seen in the attached picture, then yes! And on closer look, they do look like diamond shapes!

Cool extra factoid on Mrs. Beasley :)

Attachments

• Pampers Plastic.jpeg
    Pampers Plastic.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, GinAndTonixx and BobbiSueEllen
LuvMyDiapers said:
Ok, I LUV that we now know a technical name for that plastic!!!! And assuming what you're describing is the same as what's seen in the attached picture, then yes! And on closer look, they do look like diamond shapes!

I used to love that texture, it screamed "Pampers". When I wore my first big diaper in 1981, I'd run my hand over a diaper--whether out of the box or on me--just to feel it. It was one of the little clues that told me I was back in diapers again. It was incredible... 🥰

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Deleted member 56273, LuvMyDiapers and 1 other person
Cloth backed blue megamax with 4 large hook and loop tabs

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL and GinAndTonixx
LuvMyDiapers said:

I know where you can find diapers that are still like this, for adults, with hook and loop 4 tabs! 😉

• Wow
Reactions: LuvMyDiapers
GinAndTonixx said:
I know where you can find diapers that are still like this, for adults, with hook and loop 4 tabs! 😉
Doooo tell Pleeeeas!!!!! 😁

Back