Is it normal that I need to pee a ton if I drink any water?

depends4me said:
Concerning your insurance card, does your mom actually have an extra card for you that she's hoarding, or is there just one for the family? You shouldn't even need the physical card, just the numbers (and get the phone number, too). You might even be able to call the insurance company and ask for a replacement. (Note that it will probably go to your home address, and could be intercepted.) But if you're visiting an office where you're already established, I don't think you'll need any of the above because they'll already have the number on file. All you have to do is call them and ask. This may be a lot simpler than you think.

If you're trying to keep your visits secret, keep in mind that the insurance company will send a periodic statement to your house listing all recent services.
Yeah. My counselor has actually offered to make a copy of my insurance card to give to me. Or raiding my mom's purse is always an option. Technically, I think the cards may be separate, but I’m not 100% sure. I have a copier though. But yeah. I do worry about my recent services being shown though. I could ask my mom for the details I guess and just have permission to go. It just all makes me nervous though. I hope to start taking responsibility for myself though the next time I stay at her house for these things. She has told me she would try to get me in with a psychiatrist, but she hasn’t. I don’t know if she just forgets or doesn’t want to think I’m not perfect. It’s none of her business though if I am the one in charge of my appointments. It’s just figuring out how to do it that’s hard for me and finding which doctors take my insurance.

While it may be stressful, seriously, just get on the phone and ask. There are no dumb questions and these are the kinds of questions customer service gets all day. If it's easier to get the insurance details from your college counselor, then go that route. Every insurance company has a web site where you can look up in-network doctors. The only trick is that the company might have three dozen different insurance plans. How do you know for sure if you're covered? You get on the phone and call the doctor's office and ask. Also have them verify if there's any co-pay, etc. You can do this!

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Weatheronthe8s
depends4me said:
While it may be stressful, seriously, just get on the phone and ask. There are no dumb questions and these are the kinds of questions customer service gets all day. If it's easier to get the insurance details from your college counselor, then go that route. Every insurance company has a web site where you can look up in-network doctors. The only trick is that the company might have three dozen different insurance plans. How do you know for sure if you're covered? You get on the phone and call the doctor's office and ask. Also have them verify if there's any co-pay, etc. You can do this!
Yeah. I hope to try to figure this all out soon. Thank you.

Weatheronthe8s said:
Yeah. Thank you for the ideas. I have some family members who are diabetic, so I could use their testers technically. I have used them before. I’m almost worried it could be a combination of me losing a lot of weight, and then my family basically forcing me to eat sugar because they think I’m too skinny. I really hope something didn’t make me diabetic. I have actually not drank enough water for the majority of my life and was once hospitalized for dehydration. Only recently have I decided to start drinking as much as a person should. But yeah, I may ask my mom to give me my insurance card to let me go to a doctor soon.
Yes, ASAP check you blood for diabetes...just do it right away...

i'm not a doctor...So go see a MD asap.

But, based on your having family with diabetes, your eating lots of sugar, loosing weight, and peeing a lot are ALL signs of diabetes. You should be able to check that right now, and do that...

on the way to check blood...call local clinic and request a GP doctor, and book an appointment...

don't worry about the insurance card at the moment...
just tell mom you scheduled and appoint for (insert date/time here) and need your insurance card for it.

there is NO reason to not goto the dr and have things checked out...any change in your body requires a reason for it, and that means 90% of the time to go to the doctor...

book an appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Bigbabybret said:
Yes, ASAP check you blood for diabetes...just do it right away...

i'm not a doctor...So go see a MD asap.

But, based on your having family with diabetes, your eating lots of sugar, loosing weight, and peeing a lot are ALL signs of diabetes. You should be able to check that right now, and do that...

on the way to check blood...call local clinic and request a GP doctor, and book an appointment...

don't worry about the insurance card at the moment...
just tell mom you scheduled and appoint for (insert date/time here) and need your insurance card for it.

there is NO reason to not goto the dr and have things checked out...any change in your body requires a reason for it, and that means 90% of the time to go to the doctor...

book an appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. I certainly hope I am not diabetic. That would honestly make me feel bad. There are times I have worried about that. But yeah, I just weighed myself after a few days of not weighing, and I am still the same and haven't really gained or lost despite being forced to eat alot of fast food and ice cream. I hope to check my blood sugar soon, but haven't had a chance to get near a tester as only my grandfathers are diabetic. The only other tester in my family was for my cat who is now deceased sadly, which we barely used the tester on because the vet told us human testers are "inaccurate" on cats. I am really hoping to get an appointment soon, but I don't go back to my mom's until next week as I alternate every 2 weeks. I certainly plan to get on this asap though. There's just alot making it complicated sadly.

Last edited:
Your situation is awful 😢 You should have a PCP. Have you tried calling your former pediatrician for any recommendations? They would probably know of one that your insurance company covers. Well unless you are in an extremely rural area. Catching things early can be literally life saving. But to answer your original post, that also happens to me, and have been screened extensively due to the history of a major stroke.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
2012Stroke said:
Your situation is awful 😢 You should have a PCP. Have you tried calling your former pediatrician for any recommendations? They would probably know of one that your insurance company covers. Well unless you are in an extremely rural area. Catching things early can be literally life saving. But to answer your original post, that also happens to me, and have been screened extensively due to the history of a major stroke.
Yeah. I do need a real doctor, but my family doesn't bother to get me one. I haven't had one since my pediatrician moved out of state, so that isn't even really an option. That is worrying though. I'm going to try to get to some doctor soon, but I can't say when. I'm almost tempted to take my insurance card from my mom and deal with it myself as it would probably get done much quicker.

Well, I may have just found my holding limit. I peed right before I took a bath, and then once I got in the bath, my urge built back rather quickly. I ended up having a real accident after a little under an hour where I peed in the bath uncontrollably. That was a very interesting experience to say the least.

Reactions: ChocChip
Back