Having to throw out packets off nappies to make room?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I literally have 7 cases of different variety nappies stocked in my bedroom with limited space. I had some under my bed but need access to under there because I need bed slats fixing (currently have mattress on the floor)

I had to throw 4 packets of opened nappies. Molicare Slip Maxi (cloth backed) - Abena L4 cloth backed and ID Slip clothed backed. I thought since I hardly wear cloth backed nappies and am unlikely to wear them they have to go.

Nappies I have now.

BetterDry XL
Tena Slip Maxi (plastic backed)
Tena Slip plus (plastic backed)
Molicare Maxi
DryLife Slipsuper
DryLife Slip Plus.

Have you ever had to throw nappies away to make room?

No have never thrown good nappies away such shame as there the sort I would normally use apart from Molicare and would like to give them a go. I would take them off your hands if a bit nearer and not in lock down!

Reactions: TigerDL
Donate them

Reactions: TigerDL, JtacoB and KitsuneFox
or just wear more often? Get home from work/school? change. 7pm? change. bedtime? change. You'll go through your stash faster, and get quicker at changes too

I threw away the remainder of my CVS fitted briefs and stretch briefs that I bought when I first tried diapers. It was probably 15-20 diapers. I wasn’t going to wear them and needed space for better diapers. I actually burned most of them in a bonfire. It was interesting how they burn, actually more a combination of melting and slowly charring until they disintegrate.

bobbilly said:
I literally have 7 cases of different variety nappies stocked in my bedroom with limited space. I had some under my bed but need access to under there because I need bed slats fixing (currently have mattress on the floor)

I had to throw 4 packets of opened nappies. Molicare Slip Maxi (cloth backed) - Abena L4 cloth backed and ID Slip clothed backed. I thought since I hardly wear cloth backed nappies and am unlikely to wear them they have to go.

Nappies I have now.

BetterDry XL
Tena Slip Maxi (plastic backed)
Tena Slip plus (plastic backed)
Molicare Maxi
DryLife Slipsuper
DryLife Slip Plus.

Have you ever had to throw nappies away to make room?
Darn, they don't sound shiftable.
There may have been a stampede for a 'cheapo' if they'd been PB!!!!!!!!
-
GISW

RedPandaDL said:
I threw away the remainder of my CVS fitted briefs and stretch briefs that I bought when I first tried diapers. It was probably 15-20 diapers. I wasn’t going to wear them and needed space for better diapers. I actually burned most of them in a bonfire. It was interesting how they burn, actually more a combination of melting and slowly charring until they disintegrate.
Very reassuring if i get caught in a fire!! 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: RedPandaDL
RedPandaDL said:
I know what mean how they burn, my dad used to put my little sisters used nappies on the coal fire we had in the lounge and I used to be fascinated how they went

Reactions: RedPandaDL
Nappies!!! I LOVE 💕 them!!! Personally I would have gone through the lot! Next time you purge give me a call! 😁. Only kidding. Postage would be ridiculous!

Kittyinpink said:
Nappies!!! I LOVE 💕 them!!! Personally I would have gone through the lot! Next time you purge give me a call! 😁. Only kidding. Postage would be ridiculous!
Except if you two were neighbors😲

Back