Was anyone “allowed” to use their nappies on purpose as a child?

The issue with public restrooms is a big deal, toilet flushing aerosolizes fecal matter, that matter is infectious and now in the air. This was another huge factor for me deciding to go back in to diapers, much safer, convenient, and hygienic. That and I a little kid deep down, no matter how hard I try to deny it and be a big boy.

Even without the plague the idea of breathing poop.... bleh

Reactions: AJFan2020, DiaperGuy08, chiaochai and 1 other person
Yep. All the time. Train journeys my parents didn't drive. Planes.

As a bedwetting child/teen it was easier to pre-empt wet clothes by just wearing one. It was jist ordinary to me to wear one.

If you can't go peepee or poopies in your diaper or nappy on accidently or on purposely what's the point on wearing them

Reactions: Diapercutie
Much the same story here; I was put in nappies when going on long trips (cars, planes, etc.). I guess my parents would have preferred if I didn't need to go to the toilet at all for the duration of the journey. But this would have been impossible. Instead, if I needed to pee, I'd ask if we could stop and my parents would tell me to use my nappy if I had to pee, as they couldn't/wouldn't stop.

• Sad
Reactions: smolguy
One Christmas when I was about 6 years old, we were leaving relatives house at night in a snow storm. I was still wearing diapers at night and in the car whenever there was a chance I'd fall asleep. This time, we were on dark country roads in a snow storm so when I announced that I had to pee, my dad said "it's okay buddy, just go in your diaper, we really can't stop anywhere". I remember finally letting go and feeling the warmth spread all over my crotch. I finally drifted off to sleep in the backseat of the car. I just remember waking up in bed as normal so my dad probably carried me in from the car and either him or my mom must have changed me while I was sleeping.

Reactions: AJFan2020, GoodnitesXL21, parktochter and 5 others
PCS said:
Nappies for all, then!
Lol. Sure would be great for those who are In them already and don’t have places to change. My wife would look hot in diapers too.

Reactions: Diapercutie, DiaperGuy08 and Subtlerustle
i wet the bed and on car trips

pampers4U said:
I don’t ever remember being told it’s ok to use your diaper either, but I do have some memories of being young and over hearing other moms tell there kids it’s ok to use there diapers.
One such memory was when I was around 6 or 7, my moms friends kids were at our house, the girl Ashley was a year younger than me and she was car sick on the way up to our place ( think they lived 2hrs away) She had a little brother that was around 2 1/2 or 3, he was still in diapers (circa 1990) when they were leaving the house the mom changed the younger brothers diaper, then asked Ashley if she wanted to wear a diaper on the way home Incase she got car sick again.
I was so jealous
I can relate😶

We had family a couple hours away from home so during my bed wetting years (up until 12ish) I had to wear diapers as I often slept during these trips. I remember a few times being told to just use them although that stopped as I got older and more embarrassed about it (was still wearing protection of course)

Reactions: Ickledan89, GoodnitesXL21 and checkingoutall
I don't know why, but I love reading these stories.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, perlFerret, Diapercutie and 4 others
When i was a teen back then about 16 years old , we were traveling overseas and i had to use the restroom to pee but we were in unfamiliar place and didn't know where the restrooms are so my mom asked me to use my diaper, i was always in diapers when we travel because i was a bedwetter till late teen and when traveling for long flights or journey diapers are use as a precaution.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, FrumJewDL, Ukiwa and 1 other person
Oh yes. All the time when I was bedwetting and this lasted until I was 14. I remember when I was 10 I was wearing an actual diaper to bed the night before. I usually wore Goodnites but my younger cousin left his size 7 diapers behind (4 of them) and they fit me perfectly as I was skinny. We were traveling out of state and I remember my mom woke me up at 5 and I walked down to the car in a tired and dazed state. Before I got in the car mom laid me down in the backseat and said, “Hold on I have to change your diaper real quick.” I remember after she changed me out of my wet diaper she put a new one on me and I went back to sleep. I woke up a few hours later and realized I was in a diaper. I asked my mom why I was in a diaper and she said in case your fall asleep as it was a long drive. She also said, if you need to pee just go in your diaper like your brother, no point holding it.

Reactions: Ickledan89, GoodnitesXL21, Ukiwa and 3 others
I remember being maybe 5 or 6 and I felt like taking a nap on the couch in the middle of the day.
Being a heavy bedwetter my mom went and got a diaper to put me in, so I wouldn't soak the couch.
Needless to say I didn't really sleep that much but I kept the diaper on for a walk to my Grandma's house.
(Not sure why, I guess my mom just never took it off of me after I got back up).
On the way there I had to pee and my mom said "You are wearing a Pampers. Just go in that...".

For the record, the diaper wasn't an actual Pampers diaper. It was a store brand that
was white and had objects printed on it in orange, such as rocking horses, balls etc.
I wore those to bed but I never found out what they actually were.
We just called a diaper "Pampers", whether it was a Pampers diaper or not.

Reactions: parktochter, tam1623, Ukiwa and 4 others
JoeMusic1976 said:
We just called a diaper "Pampers", whether it was a Pampers diaper or not.
Tangent alert: But I hate it when in-it-mainly-for-money ABDLI+ servicers call ANY tape-on nappy a pampers! Won't name names but ...*shudders*.
-
GISW

Reactions: Cyprushill427
During skiing,ice skating or always in diapers and plastic pants. Overall was taking to long to remove and had accident several times. Until maybe 10-11 years old.

Reactions: Rezzu and checkingoutall
wearforsafety said:
During skiing,ice skating or always in diapers and plastic pants. Overall was taking to long to remove and had accident several times. Until maybe 10-11 years old.
I don't understand this ...did you ever go swimming as a lad
... like when the ice melted (LoL)?!
-
GISW

wearforsafety said:
LOL I just came back from a ski trip and was diapered the whole time, actually I've been diapered since last Friday when I came home from work , Tuesday is going to feel weird when I'm back in regular underwear for work.

Reactions: Scott729
Not explicitly, but I believe I was implicitly told to use my diaper. Growing up a bed wetter I often slept in diapers (cloth & plastic pant) till around age 9. Early on (will never forget the night) mom made it clear she should not be woken during the night to deal with a bathroom issue. Guess I could have lowered my diaper and used the toilet, but that wouldn’t have been easy. Thus, waking with the urge I simply used my diaper and went back to sleep. Although the words were never spoken, I got to believe mom knew and approved. Expect this is common practice.

Reactions: Ickledan89, perlFerret and DiaperGuy08
I was diapered for the majority of my childhood and my parents mostly expected me to use my diapers. As a constant bedwetter, my diapers were always used at night. For any other accidents I had, it was obviously unavoidable to use my diapers. But even during instances when I didnt have to, my parents felt it was an easier solution for me to use my diaper. Like during car trips if I needed to use the bathroom, my dad would make me slip my pants and plastic panties down for him to check my diaper and if I wasnt too wet, tell me to keep using it. I was teased so badly by my brothers when that happened. Or if I was being punished and had my toilet privileges taken away sometimes, using my diaper was the only option I was given. But when it came to night time, diaper use was definitely expected.

Reactions: checkingoutall
“Toilet privileges taken away” - wooo seriously? That’s abuse, surely? Sorry you had to experience that :(

Reactions: Tallen
Back