Lets try these...

Gossamer77

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So aside from the CVS/Walgreens "Fitted Briefs", I just pulled the trigger and made a real ABDL purchase. I've done much research and I've been wanting to try something premium for quite a while. So I placed an order with Changing Times Diaper Company for the following items:

Plain white onesie
Bear Hugz Snap-On PUL plastic pants
Bear Hugz disposable diaper (2-pack)
Rearz Alpaca disposable diaper (2-pack)
Rearz Barnyard disposable diaper (2-pack)
Rearz Inspire+ Incontrol disposable diaper (2-pack)
Tykables OverNights V2 WADDLE CUT (2-pack)

Obviously, I'm just trying to find one that I like better. I don't care much for the colorful/flashy prints so the OverNights and the Alpacas probably wont make my list. I bought them mainly for their praised absorbancy levels. The Bear Hugz and Barnyard prints are probably the only printed designs on the market that I've seen that I can be OK with on a regular basis. I do prefer plain white diapers, hence getting the Inspire+. It's the same as a Rearz Safari minus the print, but it does have tape tabs which I am unsure about. I like the hook and loop tabs, so if I like the Barnyard, I can get it in plain white instead (Incontrol Hybrid Elite). It may take me some time to try them all as I'm not a 24/7 wearer, but I will share my opinions on each once I do.

The onesie...Well yeah, I want one!! Plain white will allow me to wear it without fear of discovery.

The Bear Hugz Snap-On PUL plastic pants were a gamble for me. The print is OK (not too flashy), but I would have rather had plain white. They didn't have plain white snap-on PUL, so I just went for it. Plus, they match the diapers and I DO find that a little cool.

--Goss
Bear_Hugz_PUL.jpgBear_Hugz_Diaper.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Paddy2020, DippyDawg, Diapertoddler and 6 others
First_AB_Diapers.jpg
I got my order yesterday and so far I am pretty damn impressed. The first thing I noticed was the quality of the zip-lock bags that each item was packaged in. Attention to detail and quality are important to me, so I'll definitely purchase from C.T.D.C. again!!.

Now keep in mind that I have only ever used the Walgreens & CVS Pharmacy brand diapers so far, so if you're not ignorant like me, this will probably be a boring read for you. The first item I opened was the Bear Hugz Snap-On PUL pants. They felt so very nice to the touch. They felt more like a silky fabric than a "plasticy" material, and were very quiet when I squished them around in my hands. I also like the print a lot even though my AB side is almost non-existent.
I then opened up the Rearz Inspire+ InControl Diapers and immediately noticed the quality of the plastic backing. Like the PUL, it was very soft feeling, but also felt very strong. As I unfolded the diaper, all I could really think was: "DAAAAAMN, these are some quality F'ing diapers!!!" (.....and yes, I thought that in the voice of Samuel L Jackson). These are a 4-tape w/landing zone style of diaper. I was unsure about this style of diapers, but let me tell you, the landing zone feels very sturdy all the way across the front of the diaper. Furthermore, those tapes stick to it like white on rice. Seriously, I was floored by how well they stuck. I put each tape on once initially, but refastened each one once to make sure I had the best fit. After about 10 minutes I considered loosening them up as I had put them on very tight, but I didn't. Hours later, they were still very tight on me; no stretching or tape popping-off noticed. Lastly, they definitely felt bigger between my legs. Not like fluffy-bigger, but like Wider-bigger without the possibility of them breaking-in and changing shape. Initially they sounded like they'd be louder than what I am used to, but after adding the PUL pants and my sweat pants, I almost couldn't hear them at all.
Due to wife and kids, I had these shipped to a friends house who didn't know anything about this.........Well, obviously they do now but that's a whole other story. My reason for mentioning that is that after I had put these on, I had walked around around them to see if they could tell, and let them share their thoughts with me. The only time they heard anything was when I was doing knee lifts while standing in place right next to them, and even then it was still pretty quiet. Even though they knew I was wearing, and were looking for evidence of it., they said they really couldn't tell. I was wearing a pair of med-gray sweatpants that are on the baggy side, and a black jacket that covers about 1/4 of my back side though so I'm sure that helped.
After several hours of in-the-car-wetting (yes, probably nowhere near capacity), I had no leaks whatsoever. The biggest thing I noticed was the huge bulge between my legs. When the cheap diapers get wet, they get squishy and maleable, but with these, they swell up and kept their width....if you watch the Alpaca Review, when they do the absorbancy test toward the end, watch how the diaper keeps its' shape when she folds it over......that's what I experienced.

This morning I tried the Bear Hugz Diaper, but am very disappointed to say that They/The Large size doesn't fit me well. That could also be my fault as my body shape may not be ideal for them. Everything else about them looked and felt fantastic, but it wouldn't be right to give a judgement on them until I can try a smaller size.

I did try the onesie as well (Today with the Bear Hugz), and it's fine. Length is good, chest is close (especially if it shrinks), but I wouldn't want to go any bigger. I really like the leg elastics!!!

So that's my update. Obviously I haven't tried each one yet, and even then, I'm sure there are already reviews out there on them so you guys and gals probably don't need me to review each one anyway. If you haven't tried a premium diaper though, like I hadn't, I STRONGLY URGE YOU to do so ASAP. There is definitely a difference, and you get what you pay for!!

--Goss

Last edited:
Reactions: Paddy2020, DippyDawg, BAP21 and 3 others
That must have been an intense shock going from garbage diapers to a variety of premiums! Everything Rearz sells is premium. I like the Bear Hugs print but I'm not a big fan of velcro. I'll do it if everything else is great, but I'll always prefer adhesive tapes.

There are many more options to choose from on their site. Most of the (disposable) diapers they sell fit the same, the Bear Hugs/Barnyard (and Tykables) are the outliers.

Little Rascals, Inspire+InControl, and Inspire should be next on your list to try. Most of what they sell is really thick, but you might actually prefer just their basic Inspire from time to time, for when you want the quality but need to wear something thinner.

I have a pair of the Bears Hugs pullups. Like them a lot, very comfortable. My girlfriend likes them as well. I don't wear them to bed because they are not quite as well fitting over my nighttime prefolds and my 7mil high back rubber pants.

bambinod said:
That must have been an intense shock going from garbage diapers to a variety of premiums! Everything Rearz sells is premium. I like the Bear Hugs print but I'm not a big fan of velcro. I'll do it if everything else is great, but I'll always prefer adhesive tapes.

There are many more options to choose from on their site. Most of the (disposable) diapers they sell fit the same, the Bear Hugs/Barnyard (and Tykables) are the outliers.

Little Rascals, Inspire+InControl, and Inspire should be next on your list to try. Most of what they sell is really thick, but you might actually prefer just their basic Inspire from time to time, for when you want the quality but need to wear something thinner.
A shock indeed, but a very pleasant one!! It seems to me that a majority of the variety is either print or fastening system so I think I'm probably gonna stick with the ones I bought and probably not try many others.

--Goss

Lyric said:
I have a pair of the Bears Hugs pullups. Like them a lot, very comfortable. My girlfriend likes them as well. I don't wear them to bed because they are not quite as well fitting over my nighttime prefolds and my 7mil high back rubber pants.
Are you sure?...I don't see where they have a pull-up version of the Bear Hugz...

--Goss

After trying them all, here are my final thoughts on this post/topic:
Due to being a 37" waist, I purchased 2 of the 5 samples in Med and 3 of them in Large. The sizes, as listed below caused me to think: "better safe than sorry". Well I am sorry because they were too big on my abnormally shaped body. The Alpacas and the Inspire+ fit great and I liked them. The other 3 were too big both in circumference and in rise, so I'll need to get more of them in Medium to see how I like them.

Bear Hugz
Medium: Waist 28" - 36"
Large: Waist 36" - 46"

Rearz Alpaca
Medium: 32" - 40"
Large: 31" - 55"

Rearz Barnyard
Medium: 28" - 36
Large: 36" - 50"

Rearz Inspire+ Incontrol
Medium Best Fit: 32" to 40" Max Fit: 26" to 46"
Large Best Fit: 36" to 50" Max Fit: 31" to 55"
Tykables OverNights V2
Medium: Waist 28" - 36"
Large: Waist 36" - 46"

......So even though 3/5 were too big for me, I still think they are all GREAT diapers; ...especially for my style of wearing and wetting. I just need to try them all in the correct size to see which of them I will focus my limited $ and storage space on. Both tab styles seemed to work fine for me, so either tape or hook & loop will suffice. Even though I was initially worried about the flashyness of the prints, in reality they weren't a deterrant for me......they may have even bumped up my AB side a few % points 🤭

--Goss

Reactions: DippyDawg
Hey, which company sells the bearhugs? I really like the look of that print. Thanks

Bear Hugs are a Changing Times brand. (they look like they're the same diaper as Barnyard and the Tykables various velcro diaper models, with a different print) But I think that print is one of the best AB prints on the market, along with Little4Big's Baby Cuties.

I personally love the Rearz Barnyard and Tykables have been my go to nappies for about two years or so since they became readily available here in the UK. The Galactic print is my absolute favourite! Haven't tried any of the others though but they look great.
I especially like the look of the Bear Hugz plastic pants! 😍

You have now been spoiled and can never look at awful drug store diapers the same way again :p welcome to the club

Reactions: Diapertoddler
Glad you are on track to find high quality diapers! I can also highly recommend Northshore's products. Their website is especially helpful, in that you can search the reviews for a wide variety of topics. They have the Megamax (which will hold over a gallon of liquid), and others that are lower in the back, or cloth instead of plastic-backed, and have good odor-control for wee (I only wee in mine). Anyway, I like the feel and sound of their backing, and find that the bulk is softer and less stiff than the Rearz I have tried. But I only just discovered this about myself, so I haven't had a chance to experiment a lot.

One thing I just discovered is cloth diapers. I'm in my 50s, so I wore those as a baby. I've discovered that I love to sleep padded up in cotton cloth diapers (even though I don't wet them; I don't have a washer in my apartment). I've ordered a diaper cover with hook and loop to over-stuff with cloth for that bulky, thick feeling. While I wait for it to arrive, I'm just using a disposable as a cover.

I'm also going to try the DIY bedsheet-clip extenders to wear Huggies under my clothes during the day. If that works, I'll have a non-bulky option for 24/7 that won't break my bank. I can't afford to use $2+ diapers all day every day, especially since I really need to keep all this a secret from my teenage daughter and my roommate. I can't wear noisy diapers or bulk under my clothes, or anything that makes me waddle too bad, during the day. I'm thinking about trying the Northshore cloth-backed for this reason. They cost a little under $2 each. If the odor control is good, they don't get too bulky, and don't leak, I'll have an option for a higher-capacity daytime diaper than Huggies.

Back