Pampers size 8 in Australia

Ausnaps

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For any Australians on here, catch.com.au is selling pampers size 8 from an Australian reseller/ importer. I’ve ordered some today to try out. Came in at $44 delivered for a 52 pack

Reactions: Kittyinpink and KCA
That's good that you can get them down under.

I wish there was somewhere I could buy sleepy nights or some of your interesting variates of gendered Huggies.

I still find it strange that pampers aren't widely available in Australasia.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
ok, come on Pampers your doing a good job continue to make them in adult sizes with every thing the same as you do with your baby/toddler diapers

Reactions: dlboylife
EagleBoy said:
ok, come on Pampers your doing a good job continue to make them in adult sizes with every thing the same as you do with your baby/toddler diapers
That would be the greatest news this community will ever hear

These pampers size 8s aren't sold anywhere else in the world 😪 you guys are lucky.

Reactions: Billies1
HappyNappin said:
That's good that you can get them down under.

I wish there was somewhere I could buy sleepy nights or some of your interesting variates of gendered Huggies.

I still find it strange that pampers aren't widely available in Australasia.
Many, many years ago Pampers came, they saw...and were conquered by Huggies.

Thanks for the tip. I suspect the size 8 really allows Pampers to have more sizes in between 'regular' sizes. I'm out of Huggies size 6, but when I get some more I'll do a size comparison.

aa.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: fitboi, Littlebabybecca, Deleted member 43998 and 1 other person
I don't understand why Pampers would manufacture these diapers but then make them hard to find/buy.

Also, these "size 8" have a lower weight (37+lbs) than the size 7 cruisers (41+lbs) here in Canada. 🤨

Confused.

pampers.jpg

neophyte said:
I don't understand why Pampers would manufacture these diapers but then make them hard to find/buy.
There very easy to find in the UK, every supermarket sells them.
Quite often they will have empty shelves by the end of the day so the demand is there.

The problem is, unlike the rest of the world, pampers never caught in Australia where Huggies are #1.
I guess it didnt make sense for them to import to aus them with little demand.

Ausnaps said:
For any Australians on here, catch.com.au is selling pampers size 8 from an Australian reseller/ importer. I’ve ordered some today to try out. Came in at $44 delivered for a 52 pack
Please let us know if they fit?? What waist size by inches if possible. Please!! Pampers... I wish..

Here's my pseudoscientific size comparison between Pampers size 8 and the largest size of other nappies in Australia.

The contenders: Pampers size 8 (obviously...), Huggies Ultra Dry nappies for girls size 6 and BabyLove Cosifit nappies size 6.

01.JPG

Side by side out of the bag, the Huggies nappy is easily the cutest...but, to the point, all three nappies are about the same unopened.

02.JPG

Stretched out best I could, again very similar, although the Pampers nappy wasn't cooperative.

03.JPG

And as Buffalo Springfield didn't sing, for what it's worth here's a thickness comparison (top to bottom it's Pampers, Huggies, BabyLove):

04.JPG

How any of this would work with a real baby, well you'd need a real baby to work it out as they will stretch out when applied to a real, living, kicking human being. But purely out of the bag, the Pampers were a miss for me: thinner and not as soft, but they might well do the job they were intended to. I just can't go past how cute and soft the Huggies nappy is.

Reactions: LittleMissPink and Cottontail
Would Pampers Size 8 fit a female who is approx 58kg? (Australian size 8 pants). Asking for a friend haha. No, asking for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Kittyinpink and pampers4U
KCA said:
Here's my pseudoscientific size comparison between Pampers size 8 and the largest size of other nappies in Australia.
(snip)
Thanks, KCA. Great stuff. I didn't realize Huggies were gender-specific in Australia. I just imported some of the BabyLove SleepyNights to the US from Australia for a friend--the 4-7 year size with the PAW Patrol designs. I immediately regretted not also buying a pack of the 8-15 year for myself, 'cause damn! These diapers are big and thick next to the stuff we have over here. I don't doubt that I'd be able to wear the 8-15 ones without any difficulty.

I'm presently working on importing some of the girls' Huggies from Mexico, the closest place to me that offers them in a girl design. Knowing that there are also girl designs in Australia helps--one more thing to add to my next import to make it worth the shipping fee!

Last edited:
Here in Wisconsin USA, pampers size 7 is seldom if ever on a shelf. Size 6 are even hard to find most days.

Ok wow so the baby love size 6 nappies are still bigger we still use baby love size 6 on my 13 year old as he is very small around the waist

Back