ABU Bunnyhops first impressions

ThePaddedTurtle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hey everybody, padded turtle here,

I just got my case of ABU bunny hops today. i got a mixed case of the bunny hops. i got 4 packs of the 2 taped version and the 4 tape version. As I'm writing this, I just wet the two taped version. so far I really love this diaper from the design to the absorbency. Normally if I end up wetting something like an abena m4 or something that's not an ABDL specialty diaper, they tend to still spread out as much as this diaper does. but it doesn't feel like a mess like the non ABDL diapers do. For the Bunny hops I barely feel like i wet this diaper and just gave it like a small flood. and it's handling this very well. where i would already notice stuff like clumping and some swelling in like an abena M4 or Attends poly backed or tranquil ATN or slimline.

Like I am in Love with this diaper.

TLDR if you enjoy the ABDL stuff and want to get your toes wet, try out the ABU Bunny hops today.

Reactions: KrankyPants, ShyBoo81, Blathers and 6 others
I've tried the bunnyhops 2 tapped version and loved the fact that they're the 1st abdl hybrid diaper with 1 large tape per side, making them more authentic to baby diapers

• Love
Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
Bunny Hops are certainly in my top 3 disposables

ThePaddedTurtle said:

TLDR if you enjoy the ABDL stuff and want to get your toes wet, try out the ABU Bunny hops today.

Usually, the last thing I want to wet, while in a diaper, is my toes! That would be a serious Leak! 😋

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 51008 and ThePaddedTurtle
Antientmariner said:
I've tried the bunnyhops 2 tapped version and loved the fact that they're the 1st abdl hybrid diaper with 1 large tape per side, making them more authentic to baby diapers
Thats what i love about the 2-tapped verison. I really prefer that over the 4 tapes tbh.

Reactions: perlFerret and pampers47
I remember they had some sizing issues in the beginning. Can you give us an idea how they run sizewise now. Maybe even compared to Peek-a-boo or any other diaper you might have used? Thanks so much in advance.

indiaperdl said:
I remember they had some sizing issues in the beginning. Can you give us an idea how they run sizewise now. Maybe even compared to Peek-a-boo or any other diaper you might have used? Thanks so much in advance.
i haven't really used peekABU or other ABU styled diapers so I cant really compare on that end. For stuff like Abena, they are a little larger on the larges. like i have a 36" waist and will be fitting larges in the ABU stuff. they do fit well and snug though and the whicking goes kind of towards the back if you are a guy. the 2 tapes work well with the Hook and loop styled tabs and can hold like 4 big wettings.

i would still say 10/10 would pee in this again.

• Haha
Reactions: Tigondegra and perlFerret
Bunny hops are my favorite abdl diaper. I also have a 36 waist and the large size fit really well. Never have had a leak and I’m a side sleeper. And they are really cute.

Thank you guys! :)

I'm a 36" waist and so the Medium size ABU Bunny Hopps feels just a tiny bit too small, but actually feels almost a perfect fit once it is a bit wet.

I bought a pack of Large ABU Dinorawrz to see if they were better, and they are a bit too big.... and my first one leaked quite quickly, so originally I was disappointed, but now I quite enjoy the larger ones.

Today I actually wore both at the same time just to experiment, and it was pretty good fun - a very bulky but very comfortable feeling. Unfortunately, a neighbour came to my door so I had to pretend I was not in, which is a bit difficult when there's a stay at home order, but anyway, I could hardly have opened the door to her like that!!

Reactions: indiaperdl and ThePaddedTurtle
ThePaddedTurtle said:
Thats what i love about the 2-tapped verison. I really prefer that over the 4 tapes tbh.
I prefer 1 tape per side diapers more but they're so rare. A lot of people say they don't have a comfortable fit, but there's a portion of us that want to see more of them.

Reactions: JtacoB and ThePaddedTurtle
Antientmariner said:
I prefer 1 tape per side diapers more but they're so rare. A lot of people say they don't have a comfortable fit, but there's a portion of us that want to see more of them.
Bright Dayz
Bunny Hopps
Cushies
Inspire Select
Kiddo
Lil Squirts
Super Dry Kids

Inspi
bambinod said:
Bright Dayz
Bunny Hopps
Cushies
Inspire Select
Kiddo
Lil Squirts
Super Dry Kids
Inspire selects don't have 1 tape per side. The ones on wearing clouds have 2.(but I never checked rearz.com) But thank you for the list 🙏 now I know what to keep my eyes peeled for

Antientmariner said:
Inspi

Inspire selects don't have 1 tape per side. The ones on wearing clouds have 2.(but I never checked rearz.com) But thank you for the list 🙏 now I know what to keep my eyes peeled for

They most certainly do! They're an Inspire (not inspire+InControl) with single wide tapes. (or, a Little Squirts with a plain white shell, if you prefer) I've got more than one case here ;) Rearz doesn't sell them continuously, they'll sell a run and then wait a bit before doing another run. (I don't think they have any up for sale right now) They first went on sale back in 2018, advertised as a "limited run", and I thought they were never going to sell them again, but then in 2919 and again in 2020 they did another run. Looks like they do a run about once a year? (also, so far they've only sold medium and large)

I'd like to see them do the single tapes on their Inspire+InControl though - the Inspire line are pretty thin and I usually end up needing a booster with them. But they're quite possibly the most "authentic" adult-sized baby diaper you can buy, being 100% white with single large tapes. One of their runs they even put a blue patch in the crotch inside just like Pampers used to do - I assume that's the "look" they're going for.

Reactions: blaincorrous
I really hope they come out with a small size, I find Medium and Large too big for my tastes. Actually what I want is a small size with longer/stretchier elastics, like a baby diaper has, so I can get a more snug fit but have the tab still reach the landing strip. I ordered a small size ABU diaper before and the elastics/tabs just aren't designed for reach around the hips. I know they're designed this way on purpose, just... I wish they had stretchy elastics like baby diapers.

Woke up to about 2 liters soaking mine. I love these, but I'm starting to lean away from the two tapes. I only like two-tapes on the Kiddos. I wish these fit like Kiddos, but the stiffness of the loop panel seems to get in the way of that.

Antientmariner said:
Inspi

same

Bunnyhopps are my favourite diaper I just love the cute design weather it's the 2 tape or 4 tape version I love them either way

Reactions: perlFerret and ThePaddedTurtle
Some photos:

ABUniverse Bunny Hopps 2-Tape

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

ABUniverse Bunny Hopps 4-Tape

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php