Grrr... any tips for cleaning car interior?

Your dealer ship may offer detailing I just had our car done it was just under $200 for a complete cleaning and shampoo of seats

One of the main benefits of professional carpet cleaning company Austin is that it reduces the level of allergens in your home. Carpet attracts bits and pieces that come in from the windows, which fall from shoes or enter the home in any way.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
DannyHansen said:
One of the main benefits of professional carpet cleaning company Austin is that it reduces the level of allergens in your home. Carpet attracts bits and pieces that come in from the windows, which fall from shoes or enter the home in any way.
^^^ What he said! Tracking & gravity, folks... 🥳

This is nothing new. Every parent in the world has cleaned a diaper blowout in the car or off the carpet. Its not the end of the world.

RubberJin said:
Friend of mine used to clean carpets for a living, said a lot of consumer products actually make it worse because they don't dry fully, and they leave some residue which then attracts more dirt.

Methyl-Ethyl Ketone (MEK) or Isopropyl Alcohol are VERY effective but may not be safe on some materials, test a small area first - and DO NOT use Acetone, it dissolves plastic and all sorts!

I've had good results with those, or automotive brake cleaner, but again check what's in it and test it on a small area first.

All of the above are bad to inhale and very flammable but evaporate quickly and leave zero residue.
MEK is pretty nasty stuff - don't use it if you don't know what you're doing.

Best bet would be a enzyme based cleaner specifically for urine. Try one of the pet stain carpet cleaners (just make sure it says something about 'enzymes' on the label).

I have been doing car detailing my entire life, ( soon will be 69), all kinds of good products out there, but a very basic and a very good cleaner is a spray can of window cleaner, the ammonia and general cleaning ability of glass cleaner is perfect for a fast and thorough clean of cloth, vinyl or leather seats, work great on glass and plastic interior, coffee on headliners or dirt from hands will clean sun visors and headliner where it gets rubbed all the time, just try it, glass cleaner in a spray can is cheap !!!!!

DanielW said:
Ammonia is horrible for the long-term care of leather....really destroys it over time Never use it on leather
I am not talking long term use, talking about when a car gets traded in and cleaning it up, doing a one time detail, I was also mistaken, just looked at the glass cleaner can and there is no ammonia in the spray can cleaners, I know the leather cleaners u can buy at auto parts stores can also be bad, just cleaned a VW and it took the color off of the leather, so went back to the glass cleaner.

Last edited:
DanielW said:
Ammonia is horrible for the long-term care of leather....really destroys it over time Never use it on leather

DanielW said:
she was talking about cloth seats tho

Umm yeah my van stinks of pee no passengers that's how I like it.
When my van reaches end of life just crush it for all I care lol

reread my first text Daniel, I talked about everything in interiors, and please stop, this is ridiculous. I am done.

Back