Idaho DLs

IDDiaperboy said:
I’ll admit that I used to drive a little fast down Overland and Franklin.
Good luck with that now. All the housing is so over-built compared to the transportation infrastructure to support it, traffic crawls everywhere, always. "Snowpocalypse" (really? pffft... whatever) was a nightmare.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and BabyHailey1977
jackson73 said:
Good luck with that now. All the housing is so over-built compared to the transportation infrastructure to support it, traffic crawls everywhere, always. "Snowpocalypse" (really? pffft... whatever) was a nightmare.
Yeah, I’ve driven through and couldn’t believe it. The open fields that I used to run in are now houses.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
jackson73 said:
"Snowpocalypse", "Snowmageddon", any other name...it was a doozy! 54 inches total snow for the season where we were at, 31 inches in the front yard at one point. Blew my mind.

EDIT: Oh, and those -20F mornings for a week! o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyHailey1977
BobbiSueEllen said:
"Snowpocalypse", "Snowmageddon", any other name...it was a doozy! 54 inches total snow for the season where we were at, 31 inches in the front yard at one point. Blew my mind.

My last winter in Anchorage we broke the snowfall records. More that 134” in town!!!

BobbiSueEllen said:

I agree that it was unusual for recent history, but I remember playing in snow in my front yard all winter long when I was a kid. Call it Global Warming, or Climate Change, or maybe it's just simply trends. Whatever.

And yes, the low temps kept it from melting off, like we're used to. Thanks, inversion.

But I wanted to hang myself if I had to drive anywhere. And not because of the snow. Because of the drivers that don't understand how to deal with it.

I live in the Vista/Overland area and I needed to drive to the Cloverdale/Fairview area once a week during after work traffic that whole time. Google said an hour plus almost every week using major thoroughfares. I took side roads and residential streets and made it in 20-25 mins.

jackson73 said:
I agree that it was unusual for recent history, but I remember playing in snow in my front yard all winter long when I was a kid. Call it Global Warming, or Climate Change, or maybe it's just simply trends. Whatever.

And yes, the low temps kept it from melting off, like we're used to. Thanks, inversion.

But I wanted to hang myself if I had to drive anywhere. And not because of the snow. Because of the drivers that don't understand how to deal with it.

I live in the Vista/Overland area and I needed to drive to the Cloverdale/Fairview area once a week during after work traffic that whole time. Google said an hour plus almost every week using major thoroughfares. I took side roads and residential streets and made it in 20-25 mins.
Holy crap!!! I lived on vista and Cherry!!

IDDiaperboy said:
My last winter in Anchorage we broke the snowfall records. More that 134” in town!!!
Where was I? I've always wanted to ski Alyeska or better yet, heli in the Chugach!

IDDiaperboy said:
I'm closer to Le Depot. Sorta.

IDDiaperboy said:
Until 18 months ago, I babysat for someone by Vista and Targee!

I don't remember the last time I went the speed limit in Boise meridian or Nampa of they up everything traffic wouldn't be as bad. I'm just waiting for i-84 to be done. Hello from boise

• Wow
BobbiSueEllen said:
Until 18 months ago, I babysat for someone by Vista and Targee!
That's so close to my house we prob have seen each other and didn't even know it

• Wow
IDDiaperboy said:
People driving under the speed limit are actually more dangerous in my mind.
If everyone is going faster then speed limit and one car is not then the slow car is actually causing a safety risk cause everyone is shifting lanes to get around them

Myblueballoon said:
I don't remember the last time I went the speed limit in Boise meridian or Nampa of they up everything traffic wouldn't be as bad. I'm just waiting for i-84 to be done. Hello from boise
I-84 isn't done? I drove the full length of I-84 in Idaho twice in 2009, it seems done. There was work being done on it between the Eagle exit and The Flying Y in June of 2018...that's where and when the fuel tanker rammed into the Jeep with the 3 Air Force Airmen, where everything bottlenecked under the Cloverdale Bridge, killing the Airmen and damaging the bridge to ruin with the inferno. Bridge was torn down 6 months later, new one built & opened 6 months after that.

I hear the I-15 spur route to Pocatello is still unfinished...is that what you mean?

Last edited:
BobbiSueEllen said:
I-84 isn't done? I drove the full length of I-84 in Idaho twice in 2009, it seems done. There was work being done on it between the Eagle exit and The Flying Y in June of 2018...that's where and when the fuel tanker rammed into the Jeep with the 3 Air Force Airmen, where everything bottlenecked under the Cloverdale Bridge, killing the Airmen and damaging the bridge to ruin with the inferno. Bridge was torn down 6 months later, new one built & opened 6 months after that.

I hear the I-15 spur route to Pocatello is still unfinished...is that what you mean?
I think ITD is still working on stuff between Garrity and Karcher.

Reactions: Myblueballoon
Myblueballoon said:
That's so close to my house we prob have seen each other and didn't even know it
Used to go to that liquor store all the time... then they moved it even closer to me. *hic* 🥴

BobbiSueEllen said:

The 4 lane expansion past exit 38

When I lived in Utah and traveled to Oregon it seemed as though the entire stretch of I-84 was under construction during the summers.

• Wow
Nebulous said:
Hello, I am a DL living in Idaho, and I am looking for some in person DL friends. So who is all in Idaho?
I’m in a Idaho, as well, but I’m all ‘little’ and not really DL.

onecho said:
I’m in a Idaho, as well, but I’m all ‘little’ and not really DL.
Part of me wishes I could be little.

Back