What wasitbanded plastic euro diaper is this?

jellyjigger

Est. Contributor
Being US based, I'm not an expert in european diapers but I've seen loads of descriptive pictures throughout the years. My initial guess is a medium vintage Lillie or [less] possibly a Tena? Since it appears plastic-backed, I assume these are no longer available?

Attachments

• choosing-the-perfect-disposable-adult-diapers-is-easy.jpg
    choosing-the-perfect-disposable-adult-diapers-is-easy.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 57
Looks like the lille Supreme plastic backed, they ser Only available with cloth backing now

Reactions: jellyjigger
madsDK said:
Looks like the lille Supreme plastic backed, they ser Only available with cloth backing now
Yup, that's the one :)
Never liked them myself, they leaked pretty soon , couldn't hold that much and the plastic backing ripped a few times in the rear

winterheart01 said:
Never liked them myself, they leaked pretty soon , couldn't hold that much and the plastic backing ripped a few times in the rear
The original ones (as seems to be in the photo) were pretty good and reasonably priced.
They used to my regular until they were bought out and messed up, sometime in the noughties (I forget exactly when).

So, for the OP, yes, sadly, these are no longer available.
The new makers did start a 'classic' line, but I've never tried them and don't know if they still make them.

Last edited:
ade said:
The original ones (as seems to be in the photo) were pretty good and reasonably priced.
They used to my regular until they were bought out and messed up, sometime in the noughties (I forget exactly when).

So, for the OP, yes, sadly, these are no longer available.
The new makers did start a 'classic' line, but I've never tried them and don't know if they still make them.
that explains, I only once had a plastic backed one but the plastic was thin, that was already around 2005 or so and then i had the cotton feel backed once.

Kendall Lille did something like this in the UK that had an unusual star pattern. It was plastic backed with nice shiny plastic and quite thick as I recall, then they went cloth backed and I lost interest.

They were the only adult nappies that I remember that were simply folded in half like baby nappies when packages.

Reactions: jellyjigger and Safari
PCS said:
They were the only adult nappies that I remember that were simply folded in half like baby nappies when packages.
Voila:
full

Small and medium sizes 😉
Old Karocare and some Molicare were folded in half (see my album).

I've also just checked my current stock and the bargain Lilles that I got from Amazon, some years ago (£3 a pack of 28), if anybody remembers, are the cheapo 'new' Lille classic (I'm down to my last pack 😧). They're a medical green, but okay for short term, low squirting use (two drops, by their reckoning). The plastic is strong enough and crinkly.
Used reasonably, I can't fault them.
Even at a lower absorbency rating than the new and more readily available 'breathable' Maxi variants, they're better (and without that horrible smell).
Still, they're not the good, old Kendall (Tyco) Lille Maxi, as seen above.

I also have a part pack of the last Tyco incarnation of the middling absorbency (blue schemed).

I'd post pics of them as worn, but Moo would have a fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: jellyjigger
ade said:
Voila:
full

Small and medium sizes 😉

I've also just checked my current stock and the bargain Lilles that I got from Amazon, some years ago (£3 a pack of 28), if anybody remembers, are the cheapo 'new' Lille classic (I'm down to my last pack 😧). They're a medical green, but okay for short term, low squirting use (two drops, by their reckoning). The plastic is strong enough and crinkly.
Even at a lower absorbency rating than the new and more readily available 'breathable' Maxi variants, they're better (and without that horrible smell).

I also have a part pack of the last Tyco incarnation of the middling absorbency (blue schemed).

That’s the one!

As ever, @ade, you are the nappy encyclopaedia!

PCS said:
That’s the one!

As ever, @ade, you are the nappy encyclopaedia!
It's a pity that I can't remember most of it 🤪
Although, I can't remember ever checking which 'bargain' Lilles I'd got from Amazon; but then, the whole saga of Lilles is a bit confusing. All the names associated with them just boggle the mind (Kendall, Lille, Tyco, Coviden and the new one which I've already forgotten even though I was reading up on it, earlier).
🤯

Too bad the now discontinued european diapers including this one, the "ID Slip" (with that unique diamond pattern and also sold in packs where folded in half) and even the Euron were some of the best diapers ever made plastic-wise and absorbency-wise. At the time, all of these diapers were better in absorbency than anything in the US. Its sad European diapers have seemingly completely eliminated plastic. Waistbands have virtually disappeared everywhere too, at least in medical brands.

Last edited:
jellyjigger said:
Too bad the now discontinued european diapers including this one, the "ID Slip" (with that unique diamond pattern and also sold in packs where folded in half) and even the Euron were some of the best diapers ever made plastic-wise and absorbency-wise. At the time, all of these diapers were better in absorbency than anything in the US. Its sad European diapers have seemingly completely eliminated plastic. Waistbands have virtually disappeared everywhere too, at least in medical brands.
Could have sworn there's one version of the iD Slip out there that has plastic-backing!!!!!!!!!!!
-
GISW

ade said:
Voila:
full

Small and medium sizes 😉

ade said:
Voila:
full

Small
Annoyed to learn the Lille Classics are history! Feeling like the front-runner for Northshore's recent coloured range (as medical brands go) and that infant-nappy-style of folding for packaging? *chef's kiss*
Missed? They will be.
-
GISW

Last edited:
Reactions: mayhem
GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
Could have sworn there's one version of the iD Slip out there that has plastic-backing!!!!!!!!!!!
Really? That would be great if they haven't changed since I last bought some ID Slips locally, about 10 years ago. I could get ID-Slips and Euron diapers at a local medical supply company in Sedona, AZ. I've just assumed plastic-backing is gone in europe based mostly upon what people have been saying for years.

jellyjigger said:
Really? That would be great if they haven't changed since I last bought some ID Slips locally, about 10 years ago. I could get ID-Slips and Euron diapers at a local medical supply company in Sedona, AZ. I've just assumed plastic-backing is gone in europe based mostly upon what people have been saying for years.
Not at all! Tenas are still plastic-backed though only the Active ones, Molicares - yes (though again avoid Premiums) and there's also a purely UK brand called the Aidapt.
-
GISW

GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
-
GISW
The Drylife Slip Super is basically the sole surviving plastic backed ID slip derivative, just as the Drylife XPlus is the sole surviving plastic Abena. ID also have a hybrid one with plastic backing and cloth sides.

Last edited:
I remember getting them off of Ebay back in 2006 or so. They were decent back then as the available products were lacking as well as my knowledge of them.

GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
Annoyed to learn the Lille Classics are history!
The 'classic fit' still exist, as far as be can seen:
A few online places list them (if at ridiculous prices), but I never saw them at bricks and mortar shops after 'the chage', even the regular sellers of the Lille (you should've seen one shop woman's face when I told her how and why the then new Lilles were crap; I may as well have shat on the shop floor 😂).

Last edited:
Back