All About Cloth Diapers

hi everyone , i was wondering if anyone knows were i can get the chinese or japanese style diaper or nappy cover that has hook and loop wings with press studs and ties.

Sammyyoungatheart said:
hi everyone , i was wondering if anyone knows were i can get the chinese or japanese style diaper or nappy cover that has hook and loop wings with press studs and ties.
I'd suggest re-asking in the Diaper Talk forum. I don't have a direct answer to your question, but if you know where these diapers can be obtained in China or Japan, there are ways to import them, even if the sellers won't ship abroad. For Chinese products specifically, you might also look on AliExpress.

Last edited:
Great information, the OP GoldDragonAurkarm gave here.
I just wanted to add one thing. For waterproof cover, moms years ago, before rubber pants, and plastic pant, used wool, usually treated with lanolin. Some moms these days, have fond wool covers again, and are using them. They are not common, and hard to find too, especially for adults. But there are folks who make them, like on Etsy & eBay, they are not cheap. But, they will last a long time. Maybe not as practical for an adult to use, out and about, as they are very thick and bulky. But, I wanted to add it, for informational purposes.
You can find one eBay person/seller (tevirp) just search the user name. And one at Etsy, LaRohandmades.
These are from tevirp, eBay

99FD87B1-668E-49D3-9BF6-D8E1AF4AA22D.jpeg
And these LaRohandmade, Etsy
ECB99141-F6AE-4907-950F-778A196BEFBD.jpeg
I do have some wool soakers myself, but I only have them for fun, and as a novelty. I don’t make practical use of them.
You can also search for them, by using adult wool soakers, or just wool soakers.
There are all kinds made for children.
Like these,
E79DF5E8-08C5-4D34-98B0-7163902E1025.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail and Deleted member 53235
Sammyyoungatheart said:
Take a look here, you will need to run translate in your browser (I use chrome and it works fine) .I have not ordered from them, but they do some excellent stuff.

Luvshugs said:
(post about wool covers)
Great tip! I've wondered about those for some time.

Wool covers may work well for babies, but the ones I've tried in years past were miserable failures. Since I actually wet, I could not help but notice that I left wet spots everywhere I sat ... on a leather sofa, at the dinner table, etc.

I love the way soakers look, and I far prefer the feel to plastic pants. Unfortunately, the functionality of knitted soakers as an adult diaper cover leaves much to be desired.

Reactions: Skunkdude
The problem, as I understand it, lies in the fact that wool doesn't actually absorb. If I was changed every hour, the soakers typically worked without a major problem. However, my SO got tired of hourly diaper changes just to keep the furniture dry.

This was years ago; perhaps the current generation of soakers has more to recommend than the older ones did. Knitted covers work well enough for babies because there's less surface area. For an adult, given the looseness of the knitting, they can be very frustrating.

Reactions: Deleted member 53235
For those of you that say that you need high back plastic pants have you ever tried folding the top of your diaper down in the back? For my everyday Haian plastic pants to cover my diaper completely I fold over (and down inside) the top 1-1/2” to 2” of my diaper in the back. If I didn’t do this I would need high back plastic pants to cover contour diapers completely. Stay padded.

Reactions: NotTheAverageMan and Jr2012
EllieJean said:
My prefolds create too much of a bump back there; I just got a larger size of plastic pants as opposed to high backs cuz those look weird to me lol.
The back bump can be a thing but I’m primarily a side sleeper so it doesn’t bother me that much. Also, I use a doubler and a folded terry bath towel for soaker pads and align them with the front of my contour diaper which leaves a space that the folded over part fits into in the back. This actually kind of levels everything out back there. Stay padded, high back, low back, or bikini.

redbottomboy said:
changing times diaper company great company to deal with
I agree. Changing Times is my favorite source now, and their PUL diaper covers are excellent.

Reactions: Jr2012
Bugmania said:
I’ll just have to buy and try I guess 😂 yeah it’s a struggle at 6’2” as regular height ones come up wayyy too short
If you want pull on im almost 6’3” and use threaded armor exclusively for my cloth diapers they have plain and fun prints they are a tad expensive their sister company is super undies which makes all in one cloth diapers for adults too.

Dl4201 said:
If you want pull on im almost 6’3” and use threaded armor exclusively for my cloth diapers they have plain and fun prints they are a tad expensive their sister company is super undies which makes all in one cloth diapers for adults too.
I actually went with some from changing times and they worked wonderfully, my ic got worse so back in disposables for now as the closer I’d need would be too thick for work use 😔

Reactions: DL4201
Bugmania said:
I actually went with some from changing times and they worked wonderfully, my ic got worse so back in disposables for now as the closer I’d need would be too thick for work use 😔
Hopefully at some point you can get a cloth diaper that works for you.

Dl4201 said:
Hopefully at some point you can get a cloth diaper that works for you.
It’s the absorbency I need, and for a cloth to work it would need to be substantial 😂 and as a mechanic discrete is better, the megamax is a lifesaver

Bugmania said:
It’s the absorbency I need, and for a cloth to work it would need to be substantial 😂 and as a mechanic discrete is better, the megamax is a lifesaver
At home have you tried cloth diapers with a sap disposable booster you get the feeling of cloth with the benefits of the disposable sap

Dl4201 said:
At home have you tried cloth diapers with a sap disposable booster you get the feeling of cloth with the benefits of the disposable sap
Yeah I use a 10 layer with infants preforms as a booster, works well jus bulky 😂

Back