disposing diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

camelion

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How do you throw the diapers. shoppers not avalible now in my country.

You mean no plastic shopping bags? Get some small trash can bags and use those instead.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I've used small scented Glad bags for a long time; they're large enough to hold 2-3 diapers, which makes me feel a little better about not having to waste a plastic bag with each diaper. As soon as I have my own place, I'm getting an adult-sized diaper pail.

Toss them in with the household trash, Or just directly in the wheelie bin? Why put more plastic over top?

fariha said:
Meaning no plastic shopping bags to seal used diapers in to stop leakage and odors?
I use the still available, free and better sealing bags you get to put your produce in from the groceries store.

Last edited:
Nam Repaid said:
Meaning no plastic shopping bags to seal used diapers in to stop leakage and odors?
I use the still available, free and better sealing bags you get to put your produce in from the groceries store.
That works for sure, they are usually clear, but I beg to repeat,.. Why WHY WHY?! We moved from plastic straws wrapped in paper. Due to single use plastics,.. over to Paper straws wrapped in plastic... When will the madness end? It's disposable, going in the landfill, increasing the outer layer on the used product only increases the required breakdown time..

FrenchFriedOnion said:
Toss them in with the household trash, Or just directly in the wheelie bin? Why put more plastic over top?

I would naturally prefer this, but I live with family so it's not always as easy to just throw them out whenever. The only time I ever have that option is when the main kitchen trash is ready to be taken out, in which case I can just throw the diaper right in there, but I still have to discreetly sneak it in past everyone else. Same with the outdoor trash; it's a big bin, so unless it's full, I would have to lean inside of it and rearrange the trash to hide a diaper under a bag...I'm also paranoid about that, because one time I accidentally knocked my wallet from the counter into the trash and had to retrieve it from a bag in the bin, and I can't take the chance of something like that happening to someone else and them discovering it that way.

Reactions: bigboymatty and neophyte
fariha said:
Buy the GLAD trash bags or anything equivalent so you're not just throwing used diapers alone into the trash

FrenchFriedOnion said:
That works for sure, they are usually clear, but I beg to repeat,.. Why WHY WHY?! We moved from plastic straws wrapped in paper. Due to single use plastics,.. over to Paper straws wrapped in plastic... When will the madness end? It's disposable, going in the landfill, increasing the outer layer on the used product only increases the required breakdown time..

Where I live in New England our trash goes to trash to energy plants not landfills so our power plant fuel serves a useful purpose before fueling the boilers.

Reactions: SAPexpanded and FrenchFriedOnion
I have a dog and have purchased dog waste bags for when I walk him. These are solid black in color. I use them to also put my pull ups in as they do not get tears in them like shopping bags. The diaper also does not show thru and when they are tied shut, the odor is retained fairly well.

Reactions: JOCKMAN, MostlyDL1 and FrenchFriedOnion
Biological waste needs to be double bagged where I live. That includes diapers and items such as dog, cat, or any other pet feces. Even the debris from cleaning out your vacuum clearer must be double bagged or there are fines to pay. Our waste does not go straight to the landfill, there is some sorting involved. I would guess double bagging these wastes is for the protection of the people doing the sorting.

I’m sorry to hear you don’t have any shopping bags. Hope you get some.

Personally, I take two grocery bags, put my diaper in one bag and tie handles. Then I put that bag in another grocery bag and do the same. Nobody’s caught on yet thank God.

But I pray you’ve solved your issue at least.

Reactions: NinjaPizza and chrischrischris
Peesalot said:
I have a dog and have purchased dog waste bags for when I walk him. These are solid black in color. I use them to also put my pull ups in as they do not get tears in them like shopping bags. The diaper also does not show thru and when they are tied shut, the odor is retained fairly well.
Yes this too! I forgot about them despite having to use them exclusively while camping last year!!

I remove my diaper roll it into a ball re-tape to hold it in ball shape and toss it into the trash can easy-peesy

Reactions: Seabear
just chuck it out the window lol

• Haha
Reactions: JOCKMAN
I always thought I had too many of those plastic grocery bags hangin' around the house, until I started wearing more frequently... they really are handy for diaper disposal, though they do choke up the landfill. Hmm.

I live by myself, so avoiding discovery isn't as much of an issue. But I do want an extra layer of security against smell or moisture so I don't weigh down my trash bag as I'm carrying it to the curb.

Reactions: chrischrischris
I used plastic bags ,but my rubbish go to an incinerator and is burned for energy
So no waste goes to land fill

Reactions: NinjaPizza
parcelboy2 said:
I used plastic bags ,but my rubbish go to an incinerator and is burned for energy
So no waste goes to land fill
Man, I want my own incinerator :)

Reactions: chrischrischris
NinjaPizza said:
Man, I want my own incinerator :)

If only it was as simple as the backyard burn barrel of my grandfather's time but the high temperatures required to safely burn off "most" of the toxic ingredients in the waste stream, sorting and monitoring systems make it a major industrial investment.

Reactions: SAPexpanded and chrischrischris
chrischrischris said:
just chuck it out the window lol
So that was you that hit me with that dirty critter!!!😳😝🤔

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: chamberpot, chrischrischris and Peesalot
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back