Your Rubber Sheet

Never had a rubber sheet just a noisy plastic one.

I also never had a rubber sheet, as a kid the mattress was just wet and very stained, once I was on my own after having to replace a few mattresses I have always kept a vinyl cover on them. I have always enjoyed a wet bed or wetting the bed

Last edited:
Reactions: Wetshisbed
I have never had one when I was a child but I bought one for me last week so now when I fell like wetting I can just do it

chamberpot said:
I also never had a rubber sheet, as a kid the mattress was just wet and very stained, once I was on my own after having to replace a few mattresses I have always kept a vinyl cover on them. I have always enjoyed a wet bed or wetting the bed
I know all about wet and stained mattresses my bed was often like that when I was a kid.

There is a cover on my mattress and it is a latex laminate. Its stretchy and crinkly, the sound of it reminds me a plastic cover.... I dont think it is natural latex though.

I have a fabric covered vinyl protector that has surprisingly lasted 3 years already. It doesn’t get much pee on it, but is used to keep sweat off my memory foam pad underneath. Before I got a partner, I mostly had the crinkly vinyl products that would become brittle and break every few months. Perhaps urine breaks them down, because I would purposely pee and poo in my bed most nights. Good times.

iampadded said:
I am now 30 and that rubber sheet is still on my bed at my parent's house :) When, if ever, did your Mom remove your rubber sheet?
You should pee on it, just for old time sake.

• Haha
Reactions: TinkleTinkleLittleStar and chamberpot
KittyMerriweather said:
You should pee on it, just for old time sake.
LOL Well she did not leave it on for old time sakes. I still have the more than occasional bedwetting episode and visting my parents house and sleeping in that bed generally brings out the best in me :) Would not want to disappoint my mom.

Am going to visit my parents next week in CA for my Mom's birthday. Looking forward to visiting my old rubber sheet :)

iampadded said:
Am going to visit my parents next week in CA for my Mom's birthday. Looking forward to visiting my old rubber sheet :)

So iampadded, how did this visit turn out? Was there a mattress cover on your bed? The same rubber sheet or something new? I have to admit, if I ever slept at my parent's house without a protective mattress cover and had a leak from my training underwear and plastic underpants I would be mortified! Just out of personal responsibility I would admit to my mom what happened, wash the sheets, and ask if she had the protective mattress cover stored somewhere so I could put it on the bed. This may lead to further questions from them but at that point telling them what i think they already know about me wearing protective undergarments would not be that hard to admit as my "pre-cautionary measures" based on my up-to-age 12 having wetting issues that my mom and dad handled then. I am fairly sure they knew about my plastic underpants I bought when I was 13 for wet dream events and even when I was in college my dad saw my plastic underpants on my bed (I did not know they were there until after he left my doorway with a question he asked that I answered) when I forgot to put them away after changing out of my wet diaper one morning during a time I was back home for awhile between semesters (they never questioned me about this).

I only have slight wetting 3 - 4 times a year but have had over the decades the occasional "full loss" and my trainers did not hold it all and I leaked (but I have a mattress cover protector on my bed). The statistical chances of this happening while at my parent's is quite low but over the years (and especially at college) I have heard sleeping in a different bed can be a possible cause for wetting that bed. I just feel more assured with a mattress protector and that is why I think my mom always has one on the bed when I come to visit. I think her previous questions to me asking about my bed still being comfortable and my heartfelt affirmative reply was her way of knowing that both of us prefer this protective mattress cover .

I have always wanted one, my wife said no way, about 5 months ago I got one and love it, it totally saved the mattress many nights, I am in the guest room and as of 2 days ago getting divorced, she will not tolerate the wetting, she actually scares me. she has told me many times she wants a divorce but it seems its over, might as well wear 24/7, she is so cold to me no hugs no kisses, she says she loves me but now it's only from a distance, I am so scared, but can't go without diapers, once I started I will not stop

JOCKMAN said:
So iampadded, how did this visit turn out? Was there a mattress cover on your bed? The same rubber sheet or something new? I have to admit, if I ever slept at my parent's house without a protective mattress cover and had a leak from my training underwear and plastic underpants I would be mortified! Just out of personal responsibility I would admit to my mom what happened, wash the sheets, and ask if she had the protective mattress cover stored somewhere so I could put it on the bed. This may lead to further questions from them but at that point telling them what i think they already know about me wearing protective undergarments would not be that hard to admit as my "pre-cautionary measures" based on my up-to-age 12 having wetting issues that my mom and dad handled then. I am fairly sure they knew about my plastic underpants I bought when I was 13 for wet dream events and even when I was in college my dad saw my plastic underpants on my bed (I did not know they were there until after he left my doorway with a question he asked that I answered) when I forgot to put them away after changing out of my wet diaper one morning during a time I was back home for awhile between semesters (they never questioned me about this).

I only have slight wetting 3 - 4 times a year but have had over the decades the occasional "full loss" and my trainers did not hold it all and I leaked (but I have a mattress cover protector on my bed). The statistical chances of this happening while at my parent's is quite low but over the years (and especially at college) I have heard sleeping in a different bed can be a possible cause for wetting that bed. I just feel more assured with a mattress protector and that is why I think my mom always has one on the bed when I come to visit. I think her previous questions to me asking about my bed still being comfortable and my heartfelt affirmative reply was her way of knowing that both of us prefer this protective mattress cover .

Hi Jockman:

Trust me. When you were living at home there is very little that goes on in your bedroom that your mother is not aware of. So I think your mom knew of your choice of sleepware and assumed it was for a reason even if she didn't ask. Anything she knows, your father probably knows, so he was not too surprised to see your plastic pants in your college room. In fact they probably assume you are a regular wetter. So I would be surprised if you bed was not protected during a visit.

As for me, I wet at night much more frequently than you. And when I visit my parents, maybe its the muscle memory, but I seem to wet almost everynight-although I do sleep like a "baby" in that house-literally. The same rubber sheet is on my bed and my bottom dresser drawer still contains an ample supply of disposable pullups and plastic pants. It is no secret to them or by brother or sister that my wetting never really stopped entirely

iampadded said:
Hi Jockman:

Trust me. When you were living at home there is very little that goes on in your bedroom that your mother is not aware of. So I think your mom knew of your choice of sleepware and assumed it was for a reason even if she didn't ask. Anything she knows, your father probably knows, so he was not too surprised to see your plastic pants in your college room. In fact they probably assume you are a regular wetter. So I would be surprised if you bed was not protected during a visit.

As for me, I wet at night much more frequently than you. And when I visit my parents, maybe its the muscle memory, but I seem to wet almost everynight-although I do sleep like a "baby" in that house-literally. The same rubber sheet is on my bed and my bottom dresser drawer still contains an ample supply of disposable pullups and plastic pants. It is no secret to them or by brother or sister that my wetting never really stopped entirely

Good to hear that you have a family that understands & accepts your nighttime challenges. I think for other bedwetters of any degree these types of settings you and I and others can give them offer some hope that maybe it is not as embarrassing or ruinous of relationships that some others experienced.

You are right, I have very few accidental wettings at night now but wear plastic underpants often at night just in case (and make me feel secure). I use to do my own laundry when I came home from college on breaks due to almost nightly wetting (surprising relapse from age 13 - 17 of being 99% dry at night) of my diaper & plastic underpants but I kept it discreet from my parents since they were both at work during the day. I am lucky my wife fully understands my current nighttime undergarments based on my young boy years with off/on bedwetting and wearing protective undergarments, mattress protector until age 10 / 11 plus my college years which required full cloth diapers and plastic underpants to aid me in dry sheets each morning. I since have less accidents at night and most of the time it is only a softball size full wetness on my training underwear but I realize it could turn around just like when I started college and became frequent & heavy again. My wife and I agree that if / when this happens it will be a requirement for me to wear more protective undergarments in order to sleep in the same bed. This is another reason why I like this site and the great experiences others can offer and provide assistance.

It is interesting over the years that when I visit my parents now I only wear a tee shirt and my trainers/plastic underpants to bed. I use to worry that my mother or father may come into my room one morning and I kicked off my sheets and they would see me sleeping in my protection. But you are right, they would not be surprised and certainly they would not say anything unless I did first. They certainly understand from my years as a young boy & college man with potential bedwetting, if I do not wear protection the consequences are more uncomfortable and work intensive washing of affected clothing & sheets & blankets. They probably do not know how often it occurs now. Either way they realize they are helping me by having a mattress cover on my bed as a minimum so I do not have to bring one and put it on myself.

Similarly, when I was growing up, my underwear / trainers & plastic underpants were in my 2nd drawer from the top and even up to an older age I can recall the groupings being moved around when my mother had washed & dried the laundry and put the items back into my dresser each week. I have on times when visiting my previous home pulled out my 2nd dresser drawer just to think how I would react if I suddenly saw any protective undergarments in the drawer that coincidently were my size. Does your mother / father keep your bottom drawer stocked with the needed disposable pullups & plastic underpants? Do you do your washing of your plastic underpants or do your parents? Great family to go home & visit & sleep in your own room / bed with no worries of wearing required diaper protection and having an ample supply as needed each night for your sleepwear.

My mom keeps my drawer "up to date". I often return home and find older plastic pants discarded and replaced with new ones. As for the ash, I generally am not home long enough, except during the holdidays, to do a load of wash. If my Mom happens to be doing one, she will grab whatever I have that is dirty, including any PP laying around and wash it.

I have never had one when I was young. The bed was just stained. I have a mattress protector now.

iampadded said:
My mom keeps my drawer "up to date". I often return home and find older plastic pants discarded and replaced with new ones. As for the ash, I generally am not home long enough, except during the holdidays, to do a load of wash. If my Mom happens to be doing one, she will grab whatever I have that is dirty, including any PP laying around and wash it.

Sorry this is a bit off the main thread but a private profile msg is limited to 400 or so characters and I had the following thought for you iampadded.

You note your mom washes your PPs if laying around and keeps your home drawer "stocked" up for your needs. I am thinking I should totally relax and though I am fairly confident they know I wear some type of bed-wetting undergarments at night, maybe I should just let my mom wash my trainers and pp along with my regular clothes that she already does. Typically I would pull out my trainers and pp and wash them myself in the shower either due to slight sweat or a slight release at night and use a hair dryer for my pp and put my trainers in the regular house dryer. One time my mom did get to the dryer before me and folded everything including my training underwear and just stacked them with my regular underwear and tee shirts and laid the pile on my bed. Once again she never noted anything about it and I thought "thicker vs thinner" underwear, why would she note anything?

Does your mom dry your pp in the dryer or hang them up to dry? This is one area I would have to say something as my PULs are great for me for cutting down the heat but I do not want to ruin them in a regular dryer. When I was a kid mom washed my vinyl pp and then put them in the dryer, so no big deal for vinyl I guess. So maybe I finally have to broach the subject non-chalantly and ask her if she minds washing my trainers and pp but to hang them up inside the laundry room to dry? We do have a clothes line out back and mom will hang some items up in the summer to dry but I would be a bit too embarrassed to have my PULs hanging up and the neighbor making inquires to my mom when she casually strolls over as she does.

I have always had bedwetting issues. Was a chronic bedwetter way past the "usual" age. My older sister also had some bedwetting issues until she started puberty around the age of 11 or so. I continued to wet the bed many nights in high school and beyond. So to suggest my Mom needs advice on where to buy and how to wash various bedwetting garments is funny. I suspect your mom is no different. Also, the last thing I would want to see at our ripe old ages are some adult sized plastic pants hanging in the side yard on the clothes line. While my curse is common knowledge in our family, I do not care to advertise to the neighborhood :)

Reactions: JOCKMAN
iampadded said:
I have always had bedwetting issues. Was a chronic bedwetter way past the "usual" age. My older sister also had some bedwetting issues until she started puberty around the age of 11 or so. I continued to wet the bed many nights in high school and beyond. So to suggest my Mom needs advice on where to buy and how to wash various bedwetting garments is funny. I suspect your mom is no different. Also, the last thing I would want to see at our ripe old ages are some adult sized plastic pants hanging in the side yard on the clothes line. While my curse is common knowledge in our family, I do not care to advertise to the neighborhood :)
Your “advertise to the neighborhood” brings back a decades old memory. At the time I was a few months short of 20 living at home working a summer job before returning to college. This particular day I woke up soaked for the third time in like three or four weeks. Not good! With no way to hide the accident I told mom before heading off to work. Returning home for lunch I couldn’t miss it, no one could. Hanging from the clothes lines was my sheets, mattress pad, pajamas & rubber sheet and only those items. It shouted bed-wetter lives here with the pajamas and sheets pointing to me.

WBxx said:
Your “advertise to the neighborhood” brings back a decades old memory. At the time I was a few months short of 20 living at home working a summer job before returning to college. This particular day I woke up soaked for the third time in like three or four weeks. Not good! With no way to hide the accident I told mom before heading off to work. Returning home for lunch I couldn’t miss it, no one could. Hanging from the clothes lines was my sheets, mattress pad, pajamas & rubber sheet and only those items. It shouted bed-wetter lives here with the pajamas and sheets pointing to me.
So what happened after that? Anyone make a comment that you were aware of? My mom used to leave stuff hanging on line in our basement, where we had a pool table. While I generally made a quick trip downstairs before inviting friends over, on occasion I did not and from time to time it was a bit awkward.

iampadded said:
So what happened after that? Anyone make a comment that you were aware of? My mom used to leave stuff hanging on line in our basement, where we had a pool table. While I generally made a quick trip downstairs before inviting friends over, on occasion I did not and from time to time it was a bit awkward.
In my mind the rubber sheet was a dead giveaway. I pleaded with mom to bring it in the house. She wouldn’t do it. So the rubber sheet along with the rest of my bedding remained outside in plain view for several hours till the mattress pad was finally dry. I’ve got to believe the neighbors noticed and surmised that the “college boy” had wet the bed. Whatever, nobody said anything to me and life went on.

Back