What is inside the MegaMax?

Yooo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Yesterday I decided to have some fun and shower in a MegaMax. It's always a fun thing to do, but this time my diaper exploded! Around the back legs came unglued, and the padding started to fall out with it's own weight and with the water. I saw what I expected at first, SAP and pulp, but then I felt something kinda hanging there. I wear glasses so I couldn't see it at first in the shower, but I pulled it out and it looked kinda like a woven mat infused with SAP. It was not possible to pull it apart. There was also a bigger one the shape of the diaper but not as thick.

Is this something new to diaper construction or are other diapers made like this as well? I assume it is to help with wicking, but I had no idea it was. Maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the construction of diapers.

• Wow
Reactions: legojoker88
It's to help keep the diaper from clumping after use, I don't know if other diapers do this but it's the reason I love the megamax so much.

Kinda just depends on the absorbency I suppose, I've seen the same thing you saw in the blue-cored PeekABUs when I had to "disassemble" them; I'd also assume it's to resist clumping and such, and maybe to assist in wicking as well to help distribute it through the SAP.

I remember disassembling some ABU Pawz and BunnyHopps, and honestly, they kinda just did that sagging thing, and the swollen polymers just never really stayed put, same for some less absorbent Tena or Northshore diapers I used, they don't have that SAP layer thing either and are just a soup of pulp and gel.

Though, when I did waterlog a yellow PeekABU, I forcibly removed the outer white plastic while it was underwater and surprisingly, that same layer kept the diaper together, even with the plastic backing completely torn off!

:cool:So it must be an ingredient in super-diapers

Reactions: Tigondegra
What’s inside a megamax? Answer. My nice warm pee.

• Haha
Reactions: Yooo, PullupAndy and Tigondegra
Diaperdudeinmass said:
What’s inside a megamax? Answer. My nice warm pee.
Same here 😳😎

Yooo said:
like a woven mat infused with SAP
Fun little discovery today I thought I should add: The Quadro Deluxe have the same thing in them too!

Totally didn't dip the whole thing into a sink full of warm water
Can confirm to be super absorbent!

tigondegra20123 said:
Fun little discovery today I thought I should add: The Quadro Deluxe have the same thing in them too!

Totally didn't dip the whole thing into a sink full of warm water
Can confirm to be super absorbent!
I was looking into it and it seems to be they newest manufacturing process for making diaper cores off site, they are then shipped and integrated into the diaper with the rest of the materials.

Reactions: Tigondegra
Back