Have you ever made your own little gear?

ZoeGrace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Any other makers out there who have custom made their own ABDL related items? Share your creations! I recently made myself a diaper cover and a tutu, and I'm so happy with both of them, they make me feel so little. ^_^image0 (1).jpgimage0.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Billies1, Angelapinks, surprise35 and 13 others
LOL, I can replace a button, fix a small hole or tear, but I think those far exceed my current sewing skills.

They both look great! I really like the diaper cover material, would make for an adorable dress or skirt.

Reactions: Safari and ZoeGrace
Wow! Those are soooo cute! If i could, i would make my own, but i am AWFUL at drafting my own patterns, and it's really hard to find such pretty fabrics where I live, at affordable prices. Still, I'm stuck at home with my fabric stash, so maybe I'll manage something cute eventually...

Reactions: littledub1955 and ZoeGrace
MandyBear said:
LOL, I can replace a button, fix a small hole or tear, but I think those far exceed my current sewing skills.

They both look great! I really like the diaper cover material, would make for an adorable dress or skirt.

Those are still useful skills and a surprising amount of people don't know how to sew buttons on, so good for you! The diaper cover actually used to be an old ugly nightgown my mom gave me, and I had just enough material to transform it into this, it worked out so well. ^_^

Reactions: littledub1955, Angelapinks and Safari
BabyBunting said:
Wow! Those are soooo cute! If i could, i would make my own, but i am AWFUL at drafting my own patterns, and it's really hard to find such pretty fabrics where I live, at affordable prices. Still, I'm stuck at home with my fabric stash, so maybe I'll manage something cute eventually...

I feel that, I'm quite new at clothing related pattern drafting, it's a lot more complicated cause bodies are weird shaped. For the diaper cover, I had an idea of what the pattern shape needed to look like, but I ended up finding a rearz diaper cover that sortof fit me but the elastic on the legs was way too small and tight, so I ripped out all the seams and spread it out flat and traced it, then pinned and tried on so I could take the sides in a bit as needed. It was a good learning experience at least. I feel like tracing a diaper would also work, and just leaving like 3-4" of seam allowance so it doesn't end up too small. My plan is to just trace and copy things, altering them slightly to my liking, until I get good enough to draft from scratch. My next planned goal is a onesie.

Ugh, the price gouging is real, fabric is so expensive sometimes here too. I've made a lot of things out of old clothes or thrifted bed sheets or in this case ugly nightgowns. I'm still trying to work through my fabric stash as well, I sorted and found tulle I'll never use for anything else, so it was destined to become a tutu, because what else do you make out of tulle?

Reactions: Angelapinks, BabyBunting and BlueStringBean
These are beautiful! I am also in the trial-and-error phase of making tutus, but your's is amazing! And the diaper cover is so ruffly I love it!

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Angelapinks, Safari and 1 other person
ZoeGrace said:
Those are still useful skills and a surprising amount of people don't know how to sew buttons on, so good for you!
The diaper cover actually used to be an old ugly nightgown my mom gave me

Thanks. My sewing skills were learnt thru necessity, lol.
Ya, sometimes even the cutest patterns or materials aren't spared from being turned into hideous clothes, LOL.
But you managed to save it and turn it into something truly cute and fun!
In the second pic, I love how the tutu's trim matches your diaper.

Reactions: littledub1955, Angelapinks, Safari and 2 others
BlueStringBean said:
These are beautiful! I am also in the trial-and-error phase of making tutus, but your's is amazing! And the diaper cover is so ruffly I love it!

Thankyou! I watched a couple youtube videos because there are tons of different styles and methods, and ended up going with this ribbon trim one (Youtube tutorial) because I like the way it sits. Prettymuch all of the vids have sizing made for babies and kids, but I just scaled it up and put 15 yards of tulle onto about 30" of elastic waistband. The diaper cover was me purely just winging it lol.

Reactions: Angelapinks and BlueStringBean
MandyBear said:
Thanks. My sewing skills were learnt thru necessity, lol.
Ya, sometimes even the cutest patterns or materials aren't spared from being turned into hideous clothes, LOL.
But you managed to save it and turn it into something truly cute and fun!
In the second pic, I love how the tutu's trim matches your diaper.

I feel like most people's skills were learnt that way, at least they're learned though. Thankyou, I picked the ribbon as close to that familiar purple as I could. ^_^

Reactions: Angelapinks and Safari
ZoeGrace said:
My plan is to just trace and copy things, altering them slightly to my liking, until I get good enough to draft from scratch. My next planned goal is a onesie.
I've been sewing for years, and tracing and altering is still mostly what I do. I have a vague idea by now how to draft things from scratch, but I am not very good at it. My onesie pattern which I use to this day is traced from a commercial bodysuit, though I widened the crotch obviously :D

Over the years I've made sooooo many Little clothes, thankfully Germany has a wide array of affordable Jerseys in adorable patterns. I'll try to upload some pictures later when I figure out how to get them here from my phone ^^

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks, KnappFlannel and ZoeGrace
I've made secret diaper storages and backpacks out of stuffed animals if that counts for anything.
But that's pretty much the only successful thing I've made.
I've attempted to make a mock up of Convert-Ups, but I just can't get the measurements and elastics right. Also hand stitching is a literal pain. I've been having issues with my hands locking up since my early teens.

Reactions: Angelapinks and ZoeGrace
Very talented! Wow. I would love to learn to sew some day :)

Reactions: littledub1955 and ZoeGrace
Schwanensee said:
I've been sewing for years, and tracing and altering is still mostly what I do. I have a vague idea by now how to draft things from scratch, but I am not very good at it. My onesie pattern which I use to this day is traced from a commercial bodysuit, though I widened the crotch obviously :D

Over the years I've made sooooo many Little clothes, thankfully Germany has a wide array of affordable Jerseys in adorable patterns. I'll try to upload some pictures later when I figure out how to get them here from my phone ^^

That's awesome! I have yet to fabric shop but I'm hoping I can find something that doesn't cost me a fortune.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Sheepies said:
I've made secret diaper storages and backpacks out of stuffed animals if that counts for anything.
But that's pretty much the only successful thing I've made.
I've attempted to make a mock up of Convert-Ups, but I just can't get the measurements and elastics right. Also hand stitching is a literal pain. I've been having issues with my hands locking up since my early teens.

That's cool, that's a pretty smart place to hide stuff. I had to google what Convert-Ups are, and I didn't even know that was a thing, but that's a neat idea. Hand stitching is definitely a giant pain, I avoid it unless I can't do it properly by machine.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I've never made any little gear. But I think the best I could do is make a pacifier gag with my pony beads. lol Probably wouldn't be as good as fabric and I wouldn't use it for my little side though (unless the preteen/tween me wanted to).

SparkleBunny said:
I've never made any little gear. But I think the best I could do is make a pacifier gag with my pony beads. lol Probably wouldn't be as good as fabric and I wouldn't use it for my little side though (unless the preteen/tween me wanted to).

Maybe not as strong as fabric, but pony beads are cool to work with too, I have so many of them, but I haven't beaded in quite a long time.

ZoeGrace said:
Maybe not as strong as fabric, but pony beads are cool to work with too, I have so many of them, but I haven't beaded in quite a long time.
I only know a few techniques, but not very many since i had to graduate middle and high school so I couldn't perfect any bigger ones. Plus I just have trouble with some of the how tos on techniques in general. Only new one I've learned is the daisy. But i made a kandi daisy bracelet too big for my wrist of course. But there's lots of things i wouldn't use for my little side anyway. But that's for a different reason involving a kink, but i think we should stay on topic here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZoeGrace
I once made a onesie out of two t-shirts, but nothing close to this, just cut and sewed them poorly. It did kind of work...

Last edited:
Reactions: ZoeGrace
RunButDontHide said:
I once made a onesie out of two t-shirts, but nothing close to this, just cut and sewed them poorly. It did kind of work...

If it works it works, I used to do a bunch of stuff like that when I was younger and couldn't freely work on abdl stuff at the sewing machine.

Reactions: littledub1955 and RunButDontHide
Schwanensee said:

German patterns by far are my favorite to make. Makerist is my current go-to place to pattern hunt.

Are there any German pattern shops or companies you would recommend checking out?

Back