Asking your parents to put you in diapers for travel

SydDLBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I was young and almost always staying dry during the day, my parents continued to put me in diapers whenever we were travelling or going somewhere toilets were hard to find. They always told me that wearing a diaper on days like these meant that I didn't have to get upset and panic if I needed to go to the toilet when there wasn't one around, and that wearing a diaper was much better than the embarrassment of wetting my pants in public. Their mantra was so successful that I'd get stressed if we left the house (for 12 hours or more) and they hadn't put a diaper on me. I started asking my parents if I could wear a diaper when we went to the zoo, or going in the car or flying on holidays.
I almost always pee'd in the diaper in these situations; I don't know if I did this because my parents made less effort to find toilets or make time to use them, or there was some subtle encouragement from them to use the diaper. Maybe it was just the most convenient option. Maybe I liked it. Certainly I was never punished for having a wet diaper on these occasions.
The issue was reinforced when we were in the car for more than 2 hours (for example), and I wasn't in a diaper and I would almost always wet my pants simply from the stress of being unprotected.
I can remember when I was six, crying all the way to the airport because mum had promised that I could wear a diaper and she had time to diaper me before leaving the house. I was so worried that I'd wet my pants on the 10 hour flight and I "knew" wearing a diaper was the only option so I had been asking that I have a diaper put on me for several days leading up to the holiday. At the airport my dad had to get one of my nighttime diapers out of the suitcase while we stood at the check-in counter, then mum took me into the baby change room to put it on me.
Has anyone else experienced something similar?

• Love
Reactions: Ukiwa, WillFord384, hex000f and 5 others
I'd have loved it, but alas no.

On the other hand, our son was put in diapers (GoodNites) semi-often for this sort of reason. Wife used to run marathons, and kids and I would chase her in the car, driving from one spot along the race course to the next, cheering her on, taking pictures, etc. Son, age 6-7 at the time, seemed to have no bladder capacity whatsoever, and would incessantly ask to find a bathroom. It was infuriating, and a major impediment. The races usually began pretty early in the morning, and son was sleeping in GoodNites, so the solution was obvious: "Time to get up! Get yourself a new pull-up, get dressed, and get in the car. We're going to go watch Mommy race." There were no questions. He understood immediately, and the bathroom hell was over. Phew!

Wife then took a few years off from the running, and when she resumed, son had (somehow) learned to hold more than a few drops, so... 🤷 Kids are strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384, babybobby and SydDLBoi
I didn't have such an experience but i was a bedwetter till i was about 17 so on most trips and international travels i was diapered and i knew i had to else its wet pants and a hassle when traveling, there was only this one time when we were traveling and couldn't find a restroom anywhere , malls restroom were closed and all , my mom did asked me to use my diaper which i did .

Not really, no. I was just the typical bedwetting kid until age 16 or so. I'm now diaper dependent and wear diapers 24/7, but I can also wear undies if I want to, i retain my control. I just consider myself "diaper trained" And wetting them is all I do to them. It's nice just knowing that if I ever had a legitimate accident, I won't make a puddle under me.

People who are non-ABDLs who I tried talking to about diapers, they seem to think wearing them implies their usage. Not necessarily, just wearing them and knowing the option is there is really nice. My advice I gave to them "Try wearing a good diaper to a movie you really want to see at the theater, then let me know if that stays dry or not" and they are like "eww, no way in hell"

Reactions: WillFord384, Deleted member 5614 and KittyMerriweather
Chimera said:
Not really, no. I was just the typical bedwetting kid until age 16 or so. I'm now diaper dependent and wear diapers 24/7, but I can also wear undies if I want to, i retain my control. I just consider myself "diaper trained" And wetting them is all I do to them. It's nice just knowing that if I ever had a legitimate accident, I won't make a puddle under me.

People who are non-ABDLs who I tried talking to about diapers, they seem to think wearing them implies their usage. Not necessarily, just wearing them and knowing the option is there is really nice. My advice I gave to them "Try wearing a good diaper to a movie you really want to see at the theater, then let me know if that stays dry or not" and they are like "eww, no way in hell"
That was my attitude towards using diapers when I first came across Wetset and scat websites in the late 90’s. I had a plastic pants fetish back then but diapers weren’t part of it and definitely not using them. Age and a seizure have changed that. Now I wear diapers for need and use them for both of their designed purposes. After initially going the disposable route I began switching over to cloth diapers which allows me to use my beloved plastic pants for their designed purpose and save considerable funds. I can’t remember my wife and I diapering our kids for trips although I do remember the need for myriad of bathroom stops. At my age the number of nighttime bathroom trips nearly match those of our kids back in those early days and diapers surely do make sleeping less of a problem. This increased nocturnal activity was showing up before the seizure when I still had control over wetting and defecating. Stay padded, it beats the options.

Reactions: chuck, chamberpot and Chimera
Never diapered for stuff like what OP said.

However that led to always having to visit less than clean bathrooms. That of course lead to holding it in(poop), getting consipated and all those unpleasant trips to the doctors.

I didnt because as a kid I had good bladder control, but my cousin who was a bedwetter usually got put in pull ups or diapered for any traveling we did. My abdl self was slightly jealous, but my mother would never get me diapers for any reason after I was potty trained.

Well for sure there were no disposable diapers when I was growing up, stopping and peeing on the side of the road was what I remember, I remember one time we were close to home I was about 7 or eight and I said I really needed to pee, was told we are almost home just hold it , well I soaked the car seat and was severely punished for it,, I couldn't understand why I was being punished for their mistake...

My parents never did, but I do now. A diaper really is a life saver when you're in the middle of the desert and there's no rest stop around. Makes it easier so you don't have to pull over on the side of the road and pee. Lol.

I once wore my goodnites for a trip to Hershey Park (PA) because I wanted to ride the new roller coaster at the time, the Storm Runner, and was CONVINCED it was so scary I was gonna wet myself. The coaster ended up being closed our whole trip.

i was about 10 and my parents laughed at the notion but just shrugged it off as me being a quirky kid and let me do it.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, Ukiwa, WillFord384 and 1 other person
I never asked to be put in nappies to travel but I can think of a couple of occasions where it would of been useful.

I remember when I was about 9 years old I wet myself in the car during a long car journey because I'd waited too long and we couldn't get to a toilet in time.

I have a memory of having a nappy being put on for an evening car journey when I was not in daytime nappies.

I must have been around 3 and a half as I think my sister was around, but only just.

We were at a relative’s house and were about to go home. It was already going dark and I distinctly remember being asked to take my (dry) underpants off and having a Peaudouce nappy put on me for the journey (I remember the blue bird motif waistband). No conversation was had about why (that I can remember) but I was conscious that I had a nappy on and therefore did not need to ask to stop if I needed a wee. This was before the DL thing struck and I have no memory of enjoying the experience as such, but I do remember feeling very warm and “cosy” when strapped into my car seat.

I think I did a wee while I was still awake
as I also have a snapshot memory of being in the car in the dark watching the lights of distant buildings through the window and doing a wee as I watched, which I think must have been on the same occasion. I remember the warm feeling spreading down and pooling around my bottom quite quickly as I released it. In those days it really was just as simple as “letting go” and the wee gushed into my nappy.

Reactions: BenNevis, WillFord384 and CookieMonstah
This thread is kind of emotionally painful for me...

We never did much travel when I was a kid. Instead I would end up sitting in the car at some random person's house while my dad looked at a car they were trying to sell, and that's probably how I got a bladder of steel.

Anyway, by the time I was 10 or 11, I had developed a sort of overactive bladder that hung on probably into my mid-to-late teens. We'd go to the doctor and tell him, he'd order a diabetes test that would come back negative, and that was that. A diaper would saved discomfort and hassle.

One time when I was around 17, I was out in the middle of nowhere with my parents, as was typical when my dad looked at cars for sale. I was sitting in the car with my mom, and I had to go badly. It hurt it fact. I guess I'd told my mom I needed to pee, and when the pain got bad enough to make me cry, I asked in a sniffly voice, ''Do you have any Kleenex?'' I guess my mom thought I'd wet myself, because she asked in this desperate voice, ''WHY?'' So we left my dad at the car-seller's house and took me to find a bathroom.

So... I guess it's little wonder I have such a hang-up for diapers, and also an inability to wet them in a moving car, because my bladder is so overtrained.

I wish my parents let me wear diapers on long car trips. Back in the day I would have tried anything to be put back in diapers. I never asked them to but have asked my mom if I could wear around the house.

chamberpot said:
Well for sure there were no disposable diapers when I was growing up, stopping and peeing on the side of the road was what I remember, I remember one time we were close to home I was about 7 or eight and I said I really needed to pee, was told we are almost home just hold it , well I soaked the car seat and was severely punished for it,, I couldn't understand why I was being punished for their mistake...
My dad would rub my nose in my soiled panties like I was a dog. God I hated that man

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Ukiwa, WillFord384, Twily and 3 others
quartz200420012 said:
Never diapered for stuff like what OP said.

However that led to always having to visit less than clean bathrooms. That of course lead to holding it in(poop), getting consipated and all those unpleasant trips to the doctors.
I had to go to the er because I hadnt pooped in a month and had to get an enema. So embarrassing

Emmagar said:
My dad would rub my nose in my soiled panties like I was a dog. God I hated that man
I had the same experience but it was my mom… Hated it… It hurts to even think about it… Remember it like it was yesterday but it has been at least 20 years

emp711 said:
I had the same experience but it was my mom… Hated it… It hurts to even think about it… Remember it like it was yesterday but it has been at least 20 years
Same! If I have kids I will not do that! I wouldnt even get mad accidents happen

Reactions: chamberpot and emp711
Emmagar said:
Same! If I have kids I will not do that! I wouldnt even get mad accidents happen
do you remember the first time as teen/adult that you actually were allowed to go somewhere in a diaper and how relieved you felt? For me it was Junior prom

I didnt do that till college. I went to school for pre vet med. Wore coveralls a lot so wore diapers a lot

Reactions: emp711
Back