How often do you use your pacifier?

Binky14

I'm a paci princess <3
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
I'm curious about everybody's paci habits (Since as of right now, that's like the only little thing I can relate with here x_x)

As a kid I had some... personal issues, that delayed me getting weaned off them. By the time most of these issues past, I was in double digits, and heavily addicted. Attempts were made to wean me, but they failed. My addiction varied depending on the time, but as of now I basically use them all the time. Yes, even in public. The area I live in is pretty... radical (I guess that's the best word? :LOL: ), there's a lot of people who dress a lot more boldly than I do, so most people who see me just lump me into that crowd. The only time I try not to use them is if I'm around toddlers, mostly cuz I don't want to be a bad role model. Babies won't even care if they see me using one, older kids will laugh. But a toddler can see, and think "Oh, she's big and she can use a paci, why cant I?" Like personally I don't believe in forcing kids off them, but I get that people do, and I don't want to set them back because of me.

As for what I use, it varies. In public I tend to use baby pacifiers, mostly mam or tommee tippee, mostly because they are much easier to talk around, and are less weird if I happen to take it out. At home I have several adult sized pacis, I tend to rotate through them based on which one looks cuter to me in that given moment. My parents are aware of them, so I don't need to hide them at all.

So now that my paci story is done, how often do you guys use them?

• Love
Reactions: siysiy, BobbiSueEllen, KennyA52 and 3 others
it realy depends on my mood and feelings, it can be every night, it might not happen for a month or too, although if I get very tired I still suck my thumb. But my dummy and clip is a form of security, which is why if I am feeling littilish whilst outside with mummy she keeps it safe in her handbag (purse?), but it doesn't come out in public it's just reassuring to know she has it. Of course if i need a nappy change whilst out she usually pops it in to stop me fussing.

Reactions: erinwinters and NooNoo
I use my pacifier daily both day and night only time I don’t have a pacifier in my mouth is outside in public or work but I will still have it with me .
my friends all have a spear pacifier round there homes just in case I lost my one yes even there children know it’s my pacifier.
about 8 hours is the most I can go with out my pacifier

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and CatholicPauly
I only started using pacifiers again in the last 4 years or so. I started out with the ones available in the stores like the Nuk 18-36 month or Tommy Tippee. Other brands didn't have a large enough nipple. I eventually got an adult sized pacifier which was great but I will complain about the mold line mismatch to this day. The latex Nuk adult size are my favorite maybe because they have a smooth nipple.

I have gotten use to the mold line on the Silicone nipples and use them more now. I have noted in another thread that various sellers used the same nipples marked Baby Pants. This can be read if you look at the base of the nipple (you may need to shine light through the nipple). I cannot comment on the shield/guards and rings as they are not marked. Mold makers will often mark the mold for traceability like Lego does.

I use my pacifier mainly at bedtime and only recently started using them during the day when I am alone and not around people.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I use mine daily too, mostly at night but sometimes during the day and afternoon depending on if I'm at home or not 😁 I'll sleep with mine sometimes too if I feel like it

PCBaby said:
it realy depends on my mood and feelings, it can be every night, it might not happen for a month or too, although if I get very tired I still suck my thumb.
I could never get used to my thumb for multiple reasons, but probably the best is cuz I tend to chew my pacis when Im wicked stressed out and cant calm down, and that doesnt mix well with your thumb 😆

PuppyColin said:
my friends all have a spear pacifier round there homes just in case I lost my one yes even there children know it’s my pacifier.
The few irl friends I have do this as well! Granted, I always keep a spare just in case, but its still nice knowing that they care like that!

Moonshot said:
I only started using pacifiers again in the last 4 years or so. I started out with the ones available in the stores like the Nuk 18-36 month or Tommy Tippee. Other brands didn't have a large enough nipple. I eventually got an adult sized pacifier which was great but I will complain about the mold line mismatch to this day. The latex Nuk adult size are my favorite maybe because they have a smooth nipple.
Omg I love Tommee Tippee! Like tied for my favorite baby pacis along with Mam. As for material, I could never get used to latex. Silicone has always been my go to.

I normally carry a spear with me as well in my paw patrol backpack when I was going round my friends b4 current stuff.

I take mine at night and during the day regardless. If I need it I need it as long as I'm home. I don't do it in public or at work but for that often times I suck my cheeks 😂😂😂

Reactions: Nataliefosterdoglove and BobbiSueEllen
BabyDavidMessiah said:
I take mine at night and during the day regardless. If I need it I need it as long as I'm home. I don't do it in public or at work but for that often times I suck my cheeks 😂😂😂
Oh god if I sucked my cheeks as heavily as I do with my paci... then I'd be in for a world of pain 😆

Binky14 said:
Oh god if I sucked my cheeks as heavily as I do with my paci... then I'd be in for a world of pain 😆
I don't do it as heavy as with my pacifier. It's only a coping mechanism. 😂😂😂😂

I can go months with out my paci but then ne day I'll want it and use it and only at night. I don't know what my parents would think about it, like they fine with my sippy cup and stuffies but dunno what they would say about a paci. They have seen them before I think, but they just thought it was for work since I work in day care as an assistant teacher.

• Love
Reactions: Nataliefosterdoglove, BobbiSueEllen, BabyBunting and 1 other person
I only suck my paci on occasion; usually when doing phone sex. I must say recently I’ve been craving it.

Look my avatar... Can't say which I'm more addicted.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and BabyDavidMessiah
It used to be something I used very sporadically, when having a bath or watching TV, or when my ex-girlfriend was over and wanting to cuddle with me. But since self-isolation started, I have it clipped to my shirt all day and night. Use it during the day when I'm not eating or cooking or doing mild adulting. At night, it goes in until I fall asleep. I usually wake up somewhere between 2-4am and it has fallen out, but I'll put it back in and seems to be staying in until I wake up. I read on one of the threads here, people asking how their soother could stay in their mouth all night, and most peoples responses were: "just keep trying every night and your body will get used to it", and that seems to be true for me so far!

I was never addicted to my paci before, but I feel I am starting to, and I don't mind at all!

PS. I have several, all adult size ones, Little for Big, Nuk-5's, some other custom ones from Paci'R'Us. Mixture of Latex and Silicone. Mostly silicone, because i like them the best, but I do agree the molding seam is a bit annoying. I'm used to it now, but still would prefer it wasn't there.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and NooNoo
Wolfiechu said:
I can go months with out my paci but then ne day I'll want it and use it and only at night. I don't know what my parents would think about it, like they fine with my sippy cup and stuffies but dunno what they would say about a paci.
My paci habit is alot like this. I've had times where its only been used to sleep, and then other times (Like now) where it only leaves my mouth when I eat and drink. And my parents are the opposite (Kindof), they are used to my paci and stuffies but idk how they're gonna react to me getting sippy cups, bottles, and eventually diapers

ddiddy79 said:
I read on one of the threads here, people asking how their soother could stay in their mouth all night, and most peoples responses were: "just keep trying every night and your body will get used to it", and that seems to be true for me so far!
Honestly pacis in general are like this, like another thing I see is that people's mouth hurt after using them for a while. For me though, I dont feel a thing. Sleeping with it at night is the same thing. Eventually you get so used to it that losing it in your sleep will wake you up 😆

• Love
Reactions: Nataliefosterdoglove, BobbiSueEllen, BabyDavidMessiah and 1 other person
Well as I'm working from home right now, I use mine anytime I want.
When I'm not working from home , I only use mine at night

I have some nuk5/6 LFB, and a few others.

I can not use for to long because hurt my jaws even eating hurt them

• Wow
Mostly every night. Now sometimes outside, but it's temporary abuse.

Last edited:
I really want it after my shower when I'm getting dressed, or when I play, but then I can't put my toys in my mouth, so it falls out. I love to quietly hold and rock my baby doll sucking it too. My doll tries to get mommy's paci, but she knows she can't have it. I guess my paci makes me feel little, and that's why I love it so much....

I often have long breaks between pacifier use. Mostly they last for weeks. When I am in the mood for them, I use them for an hour or so. I haven't yet unlocked the skill to just casualy sucking on them without feeling weird in my mouth, so I have short breaks between the sucking.

Back