• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi From Vancouver Island BC Canada!!! :)

N
BigBlueBear said:
Fellow Canadian here! (from Onterrible 😛)

I'm a huge fan of board games too! I love Catan and Codenames. In fact, I love Catan so much, I made myself a 3D-printed board.

Some other favorites of mine are Scythe, T.I.M.E. Stories, Dominion—and very appropriately—Pandemic.

Almost every American I've spoken to LOVE All-dressed chips. What are you waiting for FritoLay? There's a huge market down there!

I never played Acquire or Sleepers, but Twilight Struggle is one heck of a board game! It can be excruciatingly long at times. The first time I played, the game lasted 5 hours.

I lost.
nice to hear from another Canadian :) hahaha if its so bad, you should come to the west coast!!

DannyBBaby said:
hi from the west kootenay BC Canada
Hii :D always nice to hear from a fellow Canadian! You're super close!!!

• Haha
Reactions: DannyBBaby
Welcome. Nice intro.

As a fan of board games, ever try "Go"? That's certainly a timeless classic that I highly recommend if you ever get the chance.

littleSorcerer said:
Welcome. Nice intro.

As a fan of board games, ever try "Go"? That's certainly a timeless classic that I highly recommend if you ever get the chance.
Thank you :) You are talking about the strategy "Go" right?? Like the one with little circular black and white pebble type things? I've tried it before and quite enjoyed it! I don't have my own set, but would love to get one in the future! Do you have it?

emmybear said:
Thank you :) You are talking about the strategy "Go" right?? Like the one with little circular black and white pebble type things? I've tried it before and quite enjoyed it! I don't have my own set, but would love to get one in the future! Do you have it?

yes, I am talking about the strategy game with black and white pebbles.

I do have a simple cheap magnetic board for myself, but none of my friends enjoy the game. I mostly play online via the ogs website. A bonus of online play is that your machine can count the points for you and also enforce time boundries.

Last edited:
littleSorcerer said:
yes, I am talking about the strategy game with black and white pebbles.

I do have a simple cheap magnetic board for myself, but none of my friends enjoy the game. I mostly play online via the ogs website. A bonus of online play is that your machine can count the points for you and also enforce time boundries.
Such a fun game! Thanks for reminding me :) Haven't played that in a while.

So cool. Now I'm excited!! What are your favourite games online?

emmybear said:
Hey everyone!

I'm super new to the community and finally felt like it's time to reach out to people. I've been on reddit for half a year now and it is sooo encouraging to see so many people enjoying this lifestyle and generally being free to express and accept themselves.

A little about me: I'm 21 university student- I love the outdoors (typical island girl haha), running and sports. I LOVE LOVE LOVE board games. Cuddles are one of my absolute favourite things that I can't get enough of. I'm new to exploring what a little is, abdl...etc I think I'm confident enough to finally accept and be willing to identify as a little/baby girl. My little age ranges from 1-3. Little me enjoys lego, playmobil, stuffies, diapers and anything baby related. I really enjoy getting to know people, sharing life stories and becoming great friends! I don't really know how to navigate this site yet, but by all means please feel free to message me! I promise I am an excellent listener :)

Like I said above, I'm really wanting to make friends in this community! I would to talk to anyone and everyone!! I would love to talk to any mommies or daddies as I currently only have little friends and would enjoy getting a new perspective on things <3

Hello I'm not AB but willing to chat.

Welcome emmybear,
its always nice to see (read) new friends in our Community,
im pretty new too.
I Love when people finally are brave enough to accept this side of themself's
i needed a lot of years to accept me.
Typical Island Girl sounds like a lot of Fun.
Board games are awesome, what is your favorite?

GermanDL said:
Welcome emmybear,
its always nice to see (read) new friends in our Community,
im pretty new too.
I Love when people finally are brave enough to accept this side of themself's
i needed a lot of years to accept me.
Typical Island Girl sounds like a lot of Fun.
Board games are awesome, what is your favorite?
Thank you GermanDL :) you're very sweet to welcome me! Absolutely, I can very much understand you when it comes to learning to accept yourself. It's barely been a year for me since I found all of this out, but I have felt much more accepting of my new found part of me! It definitely helps to have a partner that is accepting too haha. Hmm currently, I'd have to say that Catan is my favourite!! What about you?

Reactions: GermanDL
jocastacicely95 said:
Hello I'm not AB but willing to chat.
Hiii :D that's totally fine! I'm very happy to talk to anyone

emmybear said:
Hiii :D that's totally fine! I'm very happy to talk to anyone

Nice do you wear everyday?

jocastacicely95 said:
Nice do you wear everyday?
Noo not at all...probably a couple times a week! I don't know how to start a "conversation" private chat thingy, but if you want we could! Would you be able to tell me how to make one or make one for us?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
i Love Monopoly
One of my friends has a lot of really cool and complicated
Board games and the best i can remember playing with our
whole group was "Betrayal on House on Haunted Hill"
Really cool mechanic, were after playing a while some strange things
happen that are never the same and someone may become a traitor that
plays against the rest of the group.

Like one game it turns out my friend was a mad Scientist and has shrunken
the rest of the players. Then he let some cats out to play with us...:D

emmybear said:
Such a fun game! Thanks for reminding me :) Haven't played that in a while.

So cool. Now I'm excited!! What are your favourite games online?

I don't play many games on the computer other than go. I have done chess online sometimes but generally prefer go as I find it has a more organic feeling about It.

In general when it comes to board games I have a strong preference for simple yet complex zero sum games (although I guess in a sense almost all games are zero sum).

I've tried dnd before and it was fun, but i'm too lazy to read all the rules for making characters, so only play if people help me out. LOL. My job requires too many details for me to do anything detail oriented after work.

Other than those I do play some console games online (mostly fighting games); I particularly enjoy the super smash brothers series.

GermanDL said:
i Love Monopoly
One of my friends has a lot of really cool and complicated
Board games and the best i can remember playing with our
whole group was "Betrayal on House on Haunted Hill"
Really cool mechanic, were after playing a while some strange things
happen that are never the same and someone may become a traitor that
plays against the rest of the group.

Like one game it turns out my friend was a mad Scientist and has shrunken
the rest of the players. Then he let some cats out to play with us...:D
Monopoly is awesome! Hmm, i dont think i've heard of that one..I'll have to check it out :) it sounds super cool!!!! I love games that are always changing so that things dont get too boring and predictable. Seriously sounds so sweet!!!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and GermanDL
littleSorcerer said:
I don't play many games on the computer other than go. I have done chess online sometimes but generally prefer go as I find it has a more organic feeling about It.

In general when it comes to board games I have a strong preference for simple yet complex zero sum games (although I guess in a sense almost all games are zero sum).

I've tried dnd before and it was fun, but i'm too lazy to read all the rules for making characters, so only play if people help me out. LOL. My job requires too many details for me to do anything detail oriented after work.

Other than those I do play some console games online (mostly fighting games); I particularly enjoy the super smash brothers series.
Ooh fair enough. It's definitely a different feeling playing board games online. Hahaha dnd is cool. Did you ever play Runescape? I used to loveeee that game and played it so much. It's been a long time since then though. I can understand the need to get away from things that resemble work! Super smash bros is awesome :D

Hello from Vancouver, BC! Nice to see someone from West Canada

Reactions: emmybear, BobbiSueEllen and DannyBBaby
Hi @emmybear. I guess you’re now the official Adisc Islander tour guide 😉. If you had 2 days in Victoria and 3 days in Ucluelet, what would be your top recommendations ?

Reactions: emmybear, DannyBBaby and BobbiSueEllen
Hi and welcome!
Seems Vancouver island has several abdls, I know another one there ^^

Reactions: emmybear and BobbiSueEllen
Hi emmybear how r things going I’m from over in Saskatchewan. Working in North Vancouver right know loving this beautiful city to makes it hard to go back to the flat lands lol

Reactions: emmybear
Back