• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi From Vancouver Island BC Canada!!! :)

emmybear

Baby Girl
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey everyone!

I'm super new to the community and finally felt like it's time to reach out to people. I've been on reddit for half a year now and it is sooo encouraging to see so many people enjoying this lifestyle and generally being free to express and accept themselves.

A little about me: I'm 21 university student- I love the outdoors (typical island girl haha), running and sports. I LOVE LOVE LOVE board games. Cuddles are one of my absolute favourite things that I can't get enough of. I'm new to exploring what a little is, abdl...etc I think I'm confident enough to finally accept and be willing to identify as a little/baby girl. My little age ranges from 1-3. Little me enjoys lego, playmobil, stuffies, diapers and anything baby related. I really enjoy getting to know people, sharing life stories and becoming great friends! I don't really know how to navigate this site yet, but by all means please feel free to message me! I promise I am an excellent listener :)

Like I said above, I'm really wanting to make friends in this community! I would to talk to anyone and everyone!! I would love to talk to any mommies or daddies as I currently only have little friends and would enjoy getting a new perspective on things <3

Last edited:
Reactions: fleckothefennec, MikeyD1981, Lumos and 15 others
Hello emmybear and welcome to the group.

Very nice introduction.

Egor

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and emmybear
Welcome emmybear!

I am a bit east of you by about 1100 kilometers and a ferry ride. I have only been to the island three times in my life. The beaches near Tofino were my favorite along with seeing the goats on the roof on the way. My little side loved looking for seashells, starfish, and sand dollars. I like to take photos of stuff like that.

Reactions: littledreamers333 and BobbiSueEllen
Moonshot said:
Welcome emmybear!

I am a bit east of you by about 1100 kilometers and a ferry ride. I have only been to the island three times in my life. The beaches near Tofino were my favorite along with seeing the goats on the roof on the way. My little side loved looking for seashells, starfish, and sand dollars. I like to take photos of stuff like that.
Thank you Moonshot!!
Nice to hear from a fellow BCer :) Omygosh, Tofino is amazing and goats on a roof in coombs is a great place to spend time. They've really expanded in the past couple of years! They have a HUGE ice cream shop and market. I definitely would recommend coming back haha. Sounds like you enjoy beaches and the ocean. Do you do much photography?

Reactions: littledreamers333 and BobbiSueEllen
Hi emmybear,

Umm, I am wee bit further west and in Alberta. I would love to live in B.C. especially with the -38C weather we had this week.

I do shoot photos when I get the chance. I am not that good at it and mainly shoot for myself and to save memories. My last trip to Vancouver Island was in 2013 with my wife. While we were at the Ucluelet lighthouse we got to see a whale.

Attachments

• IMG_2493Resize.JPG
    IMG_2493Resize.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and emmybear
Hi Welcome

Reactions: emmybear
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Moonshot said:
Hi emmybear,

Umm, I am wee bit further west and in Alberta. I would love to live in B.C. especially with the -38C weather we had this week.

I do shoot photos when I get the chance. I am not that good at it and mainly shoot for myself and to save memories. My last trip to Vancouver Island was in 2013 with my wife. While we were at the Ucluelet lighthouse we got to see a whale.
Hi Moonshot,

Ooh! I've been to Alberta a few times before. Mostly Banff and Jasper :) I can't imagine how cold that must be...it usually doesn't go past -2 here. It's a great hobby for sure! Especially when you live in such a beautiful place. Lots of people here on the island are into photography. Beautiful shot btw!!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Moonshot
Welcome Emmybear,
I'm north of you in Terrace and BC is a beautiful place to live!

Lecktroman said:
Welcome Emmybear,
I'm north of you in Terrace and BC is a beautiful place to live!
Hi Lecktroman :D

Thank you! I have some friends from Terrace!! I totally agree- BC is absolutely beautiful

emmybear said:
Hi Moonshot,

Ooh! I've been to Alberta a few times before. Mostly Banff and Jasper :) I can't imagine how cold that must be...it usually doesn't go past -2 here. It's a great hobby for sure! Especially when you live in such a beautiful place. Lots of people here on the island are into photography. Beautiful shot btw!!
I went to Comox at the end of November in 2009 and it was cold enough for the water in the strait (ocean) to freeze. The cold went right through you and it was hard to warm up even inside. I loved walking the beach inspire of the cold.

The whale was very special to see.

Welcome EmmyBear! I'm in Victoria, gradded from UVic in 2014 and Camosun in 2016. Enjoy exploring the island! If you're on the peninsula, have you been to the park where the Royals were spotted? Horth Hill Regional Park. Also, if you go to the board games cafe be sure to play Ghost Blitz.

fakename said:
Welcome EmmyBear! I'm in Victoria, gradded from UVic in 2014 and Camosun in 2016. Enjoy exploring the island! If you're on the peninsula, have you been to the park where the Royals were spotted? Horth Hill Regional Park. Also, if you go to the board games cafe be sure to play Ghost Blitz.
Hi :D thank you! Sorry for the late reply. I'm also in Victoria!! No i havent, but I'll definitely have to check it out. Going to the boards games cafe is one of my favourite things to do!!!! Thanks for the tip- ill give it a try :)

Welcome! Nice intro :) I am fan of Canada; even got married there. Of course, that's out the window when my local hockey team - the Spokane Chiefs - plays the Royals ;) lol All in good fun, though.

I also am a huge fan of board games. I'm curious: do you appreciate the classics, are you more of an RPG fan, perhaps Eurogames? Fill me in. :)

onecho said:
Welcome! Nice intro :) I am fan of Canada; even got married there. Of course, that's out the window when my local hockey team - the Spokane Chiefs - plays the Royals ;) lol All in good fun, though.

I also am a huge fan of board games. I'm curious: do you appreciate the classics, are you more of an RPG fan, perhaps Eurogames? Fill me in. :)
Hahaha oh boys! A little rivalry huh? :p That's ok with me!! Where are you from if you dont mind me asking? Hmm to be honest, I love every kind of board game! However, my favourites right now are Catan and Code names. Have you heard of those ones? What is your favourite??

I’m in the Spokane area. Been to Canada many times. I’ll pop across the border to get my All-dressed Ruffles and Big Turks on occasion :)

Played Catan on a number of different occasions; enjoyed myself. Heard of Codenames, but haven’t played.

If I had to pick three favorite board games, I’d select: Sleepers, Twilight Struggle, and the original 3M edition of Acquire.

I take it you’ve been to boardgamegeek.com before?

hi from the west kootenay BC Canada

Fellow Canadian here! (from Onterrible 😛)

emmybear said:
Hmm to be honest, I love every kind of board game! However, my favourites right now are Catan and Code names. Have you heard of those ones? What is your favourite??

I'm a huge fan of board games too! I love Catan and Codenames. In fact, I love Catan so much, I made myself a 3D-printed board.

Some other favorites of mine are Scythe, T.I.M.E. Stories, Dominion—and very appropriately—Pandemic.

onecho said:
I’m in the Spokane area. Been to Canada many times. I’ll pop across the border to get my All-dressed Ruffles and Big Turks on occasion :)

Almost every American I've spoken to LOVE All-dressed chips. What are you waiting for FritoLay? There's a huge market down there!

onecho said:
If I had to pick three favorite board games, I’d select: Sleepers, Twilight Struggle, and the original 3M edition of Acquire.

I never played Acquire or Sleepers, but Twilight Struggle is one heck of a board game! It can be excruciatingly long at times. The first time I played, the game lasted 5 hours.

I lost.

BigBlueBear said:
Fellow Canadian here! (from Onterrible 😛)

I'm a huge fan of board games too! I love Catan and Codenames. In fact, I love Catan so much, I made myself a 3D-printed board.

Some other favorites of mine are Scythe, T.I.M.E. Stories, Dominion—and very appropriately—Pandemic.

Almost every American I've spoken to LOVE All-dressed chips. What are you waiting for FritoLay? There's a huge market down there!

I never played Acquire or Sleepers, but Twilight Struggle is one heck of a board game! It can be excruciatingly long at times. The first time I played, the game lasted 5 hours.

I lost.

Frito-Lay now sells “All-dressed” Ruffles in the US, but they’re filthy imposters. They ‘Americanized’ them and took out all the vinegar flavor; they just taste like a crappy BBQ. The legit ones are still an import.

It took me forever to finally get the card play aspect of Twilight Struggle down, but, once I did, I was smitten. Truly a game of strategy and cunning. I won once as the US, and have lost twice - once in either role. One game ran seven hours over two nights. Extraordinary.

Reactions: BigBlueBear
onecho said:

Played Catan on a number of different occasions; enjoyed myself. Heard of Codenames, but haven’t played.

I take it you’ve been to boardgamegeek.com before?
Must be pretty close to the border to cme here for some chips and candy!! Although i have to admit those chips are worth it :) You got pretty good taste buds! I love love love Sees Candies :) but i dont get to have them that often. Maybe need to visit the states more often!

I LOVE sleepers!! Haven't heard of the other two, but I shall check them out! Haven't been able to play as much as I'd like to with university. Had to put everything on the back burner for studies sadly. I have heard of that website- haven't actually joined though! Maybe I should! Are you part of it? :)

Reactions: DannyBBaby
Back