Is a Diaper Shortage Coming Next

iampadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
With the hoarding of toilet paper and paper towels being widely reported, could adult diapers be next?

Time to stock up? Problem is do you stack a bunch of cases of diapers in your garage or closet. Kind of awkward if your embarrassed about your bedwetting.

No I don't think it will unless toilet don't work

Last edited:
I keep a 1 year supply of diapers in my basement just in case there is a disruption in the supply chain. This new virus can very well put a major disruption in the diaper supplies. If it is effecting toilet paper supplies, it will most certainly effect diaper supplies. I think there are a whole bunch of other items this virus will have a major impact on in the very near future. Basically products coming from China or the Asia will be effected.

Last edited:
I haven’t notices any shortages online, but wouldn’t surprise me if care homes etc. were stocking up. Or maybe they had already done so due to the Brexit uncertainty late last year.

All the AB/DL stuff apart from Crinklz is made in China, so if there is a shortage then it would most likely be of that stuff.

I know Sana products (including Aldi Pull-Ups) are made in Italy so there may be an issue there too.

My nappies of choice are made in Denmark...

I've noticed that K&C products like depend and goodnites are currently unavailable as prime items on amazon and the home websites have removed amazon icons from their purchase now options. It's been like that for over a month now.

Reactions: boostergold
Tundra1975 said:
I keep a 1 year supply of diapers in my basement just in case there is a disruption in the supply chain. This new virus can very well put a major disruption in the diaper supplies. If it is effecting toilet paper supplies, it will most certainly effect diaper supplies. I think there are a whole bunch of other items this virus will have a major impact on in the very near future. Basically products coming from China or the Asia will be effected.

It's not a new virus. It's the media. Look at any bottle of Lysol...it says it kills Corona. Its been out there.

ChrisKrinkle said:
It's not a new virus.

This is a newly discovered Coronavirus (COVID-19) The name describes a type of virus. Yes media can cause people to panic, but the virus has a very high mortality rate especially for those with autoimmune disease or are elderly. Definitely not something to be taken lightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL
ChrisKrinkle said:
It's not a new virus. It's the media. Look at any bottle of Lysol...it says it kills Corona. Its been out there.

Coronavirus is like an entire family of virus. It's about as specific as saying "birds". There's eagles, song birds, flightless birds, etc. Just like a hawk and an eagle are related, this coronavirus is related to others, but it's slightly different. Other coronaviruses can cause what we'd call the common cold. This one is not so mild and much more contagious.

As for the question at hand, As a DL, no you shouldn't hoard any diapers. That's not fair to the people that need them for medical needs. If there is a shortage, they need them more than we DLs do.

Don't hoard anything. The only reason there'd be a shortage is if people suddenly alter their habits. Most of our goods are supplied "just in time". There's no massive surplus stored somewhere, for most goods. That's why toilet paper is vanishing. The supply chain can only supply just enough to meet typical demand. Even in the absence of a virus, if every American goes to suddenly buy toilet paper on the same day, there won't be enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL
Back