Bedwetting as a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaper2005

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone! I would like to know if all of you have any bedwetting experiences as a child. How did you deal with it? We’re your parents accepting of it? Have a good day.

Reactions: Deleted member 57004, wetnights, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and 1 other person
My mum was very good about it but I hid it from my Dad and everyone else. My parents split when I was 7

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Jim100
I'm sure my parents said something when I started (around age 9) but I don't remember nor do I remember if they took me to the doctor to see what the problem might be.

My parents got me some cheap snap-on diapers that didn't help much at all.

My parents and sister never said anything negative (that I remember) about my wetting the bed. It was just something planned for on vacations and at home.

I grew out of wetting the bed around 12.

Reactions: Jim100
I wet the bed every night until I was 12. Taken out of nappies at about 2.5 was not a good idea, but in those days the logic was that if you were uncomfortable or embarrassed about it you would dry up earlier, fat chance!!! I did not like waking up soaking with just a brushed cotton sheet on a plastic cover and was desperate to be dry, but I also learned that I wanted nappies at that time ... an abdl was born!!!. I do remember waking up in wet pyjamas, going to the bathroom and being stood on the toilet seat and being washed down by my mother, maybe I liked that bit, who knows. None of it helped and I have wet on and off all my life ... mostly on! I learned some years later that my father was a bedwetter as a child.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 52837, BobbiSueEllen, Jim100 and 1 other person
I was a chronic nightly bedwetter growing up. My folks did punish me a lot for it until I reached my teens by which time they had accepted I would probably always wet the bed.

• Wow
Took forever to potty train. After that, I wet the bed virtually every night until age 12; with a few wet nights until the age of 13. My mom tried getting me to wear diapers to bed. I just took the diaper off after my mom left my bedroom. My parents dealt with it and didn’t abuse me about it.

I wet my bed quite a long time but didint tell my parents because I was too embarassed!

Yes, quite often I wore GoodNites diapers for it and I still wet the bed to this day

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Jim100
My younger brother and I both wet the bed. My brother was put in Pampers until age 7, and then Pull-Ups until he stopped bedwetting at age 8. I still remember my mom telling my brother to lift his grade school bum to be changed into his plastic Pamper with Disney characters on the landing zone. I, however, was not allowed to wear diapers for bedwetting, and woke up with wet sheets most nights until I stopped at 11.5. I figured out diapers could be used for bedwetting when my brother started wearing them only at night.

When I was 6, I stole and put on my first Pamper, and loved the feeling. I often tried to take Pampers and wear them. Sometimes I was successful, and sometimes I was caught. My parents were not impressed to catch me stealing my brothers diapers on several occasions, up until I was 10. If anyone thinks diapers prolong bedwetting, I cast one vote for not. My brother is 3 years younger, and stopped wetting the bed before I did.

Reactions: Jim100
I did till i was 13, I was 3 months early so that may have had something to do with it. Parenta punished me. Was a day wetter too.

• Wow
I’ve told my story lots of times.
I wet the bed till about 6, maybe later. All I had was a plastic sheet, to protect the mattress. My mom got me potty trained, (about 2.5-3) and out of cloth diapers, and was not going back! She thought, if I went back into night diapers, I wouldn’t stop wetting the bed. So on nights I wet, I’d wake up, go down the hall, wake my mom, and in the process my dad 🤭 Then back to my room, strip, while mom pulled the wet sheets and covers off my bed. She would throw everything into the wash basket, then clean me up, get new underwear, and pj’s. Put new sheets on, then I could climb back in. Now I had to try and fall back to sleep, her too. I always felt bad, having to wake my mom up. And, I hated that noisy plastic sheet, LOTS! It always screamed BEDWETTER HERE! I had an older sister, who loved to torment me, any way she could, and my bedwetting was no exception. My mom, if she heard it, would scold her, but this was not always so. The funny part, even back before all this, I knew I liked diapers and plastic pantie. But, I was always scared, I would get put back into them, for my bedwetting. It was a matter of pride, everyone always said, only babies wear diapers. I was no baby! And you couldn’t conceive of any friends, cousins, school kids finding out you wore plastic baby pant. The plastic sheet was bad enough.
Later, as I got older, and thought about it. I thought diapers would have been much better, and wished my mom would have used them. As long as things are kept hidden. I was so happy, and grateful, that my bedwetting stopped when it did. I got off kinda easy on that point. Lots of kids, as is evident here, go on much longer.

• Wow
I remember wetting my bed when I was 8 I would wet my self when I was in a MRI I wet my self I did wet my self a lots but I would like to wear diapers when I was younger

I never told my parents about my bed wetting problem as I was to scary

Never had a problem.

Reactions: SoS7883
I wet the bed until I was 16. I wore diapers at night until I was 7 and then used a bedwetting alarm, then got put in the thick all white goodnites when I was 9 and occasionally wore depends that was given to me by a family friend. I then started to use depends every night when I was 12 until I was 16. I had to wear diapers to school every day from pre k to 2nd grade because I wasnt potty trained and I was in special ed. Then I had to keep goodnites pullups at school until I was in the 5th grade just incase I wet my pants which was often. I eventually quit wet wetting my pants at school and just had to wear at night and i had the plastic sheet on my bed. When I was in my 20s I started wetting the bed again and now wear diapers every night and still have a plastic sheet and also cloth mattress protector and I also use goodnites bedmats, I'm now 33.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodnites1990, Mauiman, Wetshisbed and 3 others
Stoped when I was about four and a half due to very patient parents. I tried very hard but just couldn’t. This was in the 50’s and on a farm. I lived with other cousins who lived in the adjacent apartment. No one made fun of me even when out with my mother.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I used to wet the bed until like three. No fuss about that. After that, I had the occasional night time accidents, like once in two weeks up until thirteen. Nobody nagged me about it, nor did I have to wear anything. My mom just washed my sheets and that was it. After that it stopped. Until last year when I became incontinent rapidly and both day and nighttime issues started. Now I wet the bed practically every night. I wear diapers for that, just as I wear during the day to protect my clothing and the furniture.

Oddly enough, I never did much as a kid. Then, it happened one night when I was 30 or so. My first marriage and all the crap surrounding my life then must have stressed me to the point where I peed the bed one night. I think that was about when I realized I needed to change my life.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I wet the bed until age 12; with the occasional night until 13. My mom did her best to get me to wear a diaper at night, but I just tore it off after she left my bedroom. The bed wetting alarm never woke me up, so forgot that! I had a plastic mattress protector and towels underneath me. My parents never abused or shamed me regarding bed wetting.

Reactions: Jim100 and BobbiSueEllen
MostlyDL1 said:
I wet my bed quite a long time but didint tell my parents because I was too embarassed!
littledreamers333 said:
I never told my parents about my bed wetting problem as I was to scary

Since this thread is entitled "Bedwetting as a child", I am sure I and anyone else reading it could be forgiven for assuming that you are talking about wetting your bed when you were children.

How in the world could you possibly hide this from your parents? Didn't your parents ever come into your room and smell the pee? Didn't they ever change your sheets? If not, and you were left at a very young age to change your own bedding, and wash bedding and clothes, then to my mind it amounts to child abuse.

The mind boggles!

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhon and chamberpot
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back