Everyone’s favorite word for diaper?

Slomo said:
I've never really cared associating them with women's sanitary napkins (from which nappy is derived). And since I wear disposables I just call them what the inventor called them Diapers.
Like I’ve said before and I don’t know why you keep arguing this case. Nappy didn’t just mean a woman’s sanitary napkin it also meant a baby napkin. In the U.K. they’re called nappies because that’s what they’ve always been called for hundreds of years. The word has been around longer than the Americans have lived in the USA.

Has to be “nappy”/“nappies”, because that’s what I grew up with... can live with “diaper” but don’t find it has the same resonance. I also like “Pampers” as a generic term, particularly when applied to an adult nappy. Absolutely hate “dips”, “diapees” and any babyish nicknames.

I rather like the association with women’s sanitary products (even if “napkin” is rarely used these days for anything other than a table napkin), as it reinforces the idea that women should wear nappies ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: KCA and BobbiSueEllen
Underwear...

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Diapers Pamps or Padding are normally my go too.

Reactions: Fireheat and BobbiSueEllen
As another Brit, they're nappies to me, but often I'll use diaper online. Nappy is an incredibly "cute" word for me to hear.

Reactions: DiaperVapor, ChocChip, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
LilxFawn said:
This is a silly little thread but I was curious what your favorite word for diaper is? My favorite definitely has to be nappy! I’m not British but the word nappy is just so stinkin’ cute in my opinion~!
At home we call them "My protection". Any other place I call them diapers, because I like the babyish term.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and LilxFawn
Strictly nappy / nappies.

Reactions: fetishpro, BobbiSueEllen, CookieMonstah and 1 other person
Diapers or padding protection or do you have your depends on as a general word for a diaper.

Reactions: LilxFawn and BobbiSueEllen
indiaperdl said:
Being from Germany I always liked the word "Windel" which ist the translation of diaper.
There's a somewhat-unethical realty company (in my opinion) in this region, called Windermere. I love calling them "Windelsmear", LOL! 😂

When I was really young, I used to call them something along the lines of “Didees”. I still do on occasion when I’m deeply regressed.

Reactions: NooNoo, BobbiSueEllen and LilxFawn
I really like calling them dippies! Saying diaper on its own is honestly pretty embarrassing, it's a very unmistakable word, but dippy is cuter and softens it a lot

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and LilxFawn
"pampers" for me I think

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, BobbiSueEllen and LilxFawn
DarlaMixx said:
Underwear...
Well yeah, they’re the only kind of underwear anyone should need!

• Love
When I was growing up it was "nappies" and "baby pants". I guess those terms stayed with me.

"Spongepants. Squarebob Spongepants." :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DiaperVapor, PNW509Little and billybobtombo
Mine is either diaper or diapee

Either Diaper or Pañales, but nappy is nice too.

I am in the U.K. so I wear a nappy

Here in Greece we call them "panes"or "babylino "
Babylino is the first brand name diapers since 78 in Greece.
I prefer the "babylino "word

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, PNW509Little, Lyokodl and 1 other person
For me, despite being in the UK, I call mine diapers rather than nappies. Or if I'm referring to them in a conversation with my partner (e.g. if I'm expecting a delivery or putting them in the bin bag on refuse collection day) I'll talk about my "supplies". This is what I did from a few years back when I was ashamed of my need and couldn't bring myself to use the word nappy. the names stuck despite me becoming more comfortable and reaching a point where I would describe myself as DL.

Back