Who was a diapered bedwetter as a child?

Wore training pants and plastic pants during the day/to school and wore cloth diapers and plastic pants at night. Wore disposables most of the time when I was at college.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08, SydDLBoi, NaranjaColor and 2 others
RadioactiveSquirrel said:
When I was about 6, I started to wet the bed again- I was super excited because my mom decided to put me back in goodnites!

If I’d thought for one minute that I’d be put back in nappies for bed wetting at 6, I’d have wet my bed on purpose!

Sadly the thought never crossed my mind!

Reactions: jaredc3, Serendiapity, NaranjaColor and 2 others
I wet the bed until I was 14 and wore diapers for it too, I was so paranoid it would happen again I wore diapers every night til I was pretty close to 16 and anytime I wasn't in my own bed all the way up to when I got hurt at 17 and had to go back in diapers again. I always wore baby diapers until goodnites came out and even for a while after that I switched back and forth between diapers and goodnites until the diapers no longer fit me. Now I wear adult diapers 24/7 due to the injury.

Reactions: Jim100 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
My bed wetting continued until I was about 10. I had a love of plastic pants throughout my life but in my bed wetting days I would tell my mom that I thought they would help and she would tell me that she didn’t think that they would help without diapers. There were many mornings when I woke up in the corner of my bed trying to avoid the ccold wet areas and I should have listened to mom and tried the diapers. Now that I actually need diapers again I can’t imagine how I could’ve thought plastic pants without an absorbent diaper were ever going to help the problem but I do remember really liking the feeling of the plastic next to my skin when I was a child. Stay padded.

Reactions: NaranjaColor
I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants for bedwetting until I was 6 or so. I think my mother stopped with the diapers because I would get impatient when she did not put them right at bedtime and she might have suspected I was getting hooked. Later she used the bedwetting alarm which was fairly effective. I pulled them off by myself in the morning but would keep them on for a while if it wasn't a school day.

Reactions: SydDLBoi and NaranjaColor
PCS said:
If I’d thought for one minute that I’d be put back in nappies for bed wetting at 6, I’d have wet my bed on purpose!

Sadly the thought never crossed my mind!

Oh, I didn’t do it on purpose - they were legitimately accidents! I think it may have had something to do with it being a stressful time for me- we had just moved, and my little sister was just born, and I had just switched schools.

Either way, my parents realized I was a little too ‘into it’, and the bed wetting ended pretty quick after that.

• Sad
Reactions: NaranjaColor
My mom tried to have me out of diapers a little after 2 years old from what I was told. This went on for a while that I would wet the bed and pants until my mother finally decided to put me back in diapers until about 4 and a half. However on long trips I would wear diapers for convenience for my parent, this way we could drive for a long time.

The first diaper I was put into I fought like all get out until even at that age I figured it was for the best.

I had to start wearing diapers when I got older due MS. So now I have tried many types of diapers and all my friends know about it along with many others. We all laugh about it and some of the wording of the store name brands; a diaper is a diaper no matter what you call it.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I was not a bed wetter, but always wanted to be just to have diapers. I did have this one friend at 8 still wear diapers and they kept them under the bathroom sink I did take one and were it home

Last edited:
I wet the bed until I was 7, possibly 8.
Always cloth nappies, I don't remember if I was wearing plastic pants or not.

The normal battery of tests were done to see if was a medical issue or something else. I think an alarm was trialled for few nights but apart from that it was quickly stopped. Because it woke everyone up multiple times each night and showing no signs of improving.

Once I stopped wetting the bee, I can remember having one bad relapse in a hotel in the USA when I was 10, but it was never brought up by my parents at all.

Mum has said on more than a few occasions that I was a very heavy wetter.

Reactions: SydDLBoi and NaranjaColor
I was a bedwetter till about 6. Never had diapers though, only a plastic sheet to protect the mattress. I think, the last night diapers I wore was around, 3-3 1/2. Mom decided she was done with diapers, and I was day trained by 3. When I wet the bed, she was afraid I would be to comfortable in diaper, and not stop. I hated that plastic sheet, waking up cold and wet, and having to get my mom up to change everything in the middle of the night. Didn’t care for the teasing I got from my older sister either 😝 Don’t know if I would have wet longer with diapers used? But I know I would have been happier sleeping in a dry warm bed, wet diapers contained inside plastic pants.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08, SydDLBoi and NaranjaColor
I've been a bed wetter all my life managed to hide it from my family for a long time but I had to use makeshift diapers for a few years until I told my ex and she took me to buy some diapers sadly they were depends adjustable underwear I have moved up since then

I have had issues with bed wetting my whole life. When I was a kid I was fortunate enough to have Goodnites. Now being 31 I still have night wetting issues and am still not the best at holding it long periods of time but it is more manageable. I have come to learn if I don't drink any fluids 4 hours before bed I have a fairly good chance at waking up dry. That being said I just prefer to be protected. Just all around more comfortable.

Reactions: JOCKMAN, Diaperman0723, bohemian85 and 2 others
Piefox said:
I have come to learn if I don't drink any fluids 4 hours before bed I have a fairly good chance at waking up dry.

And with me it's the opposite, I try to always be well hydrated before bed so my diaper's good-n-soaked by morning ;P

• Love
Reactions: DiaperVapor, thedlguy, chamberpot and 1 other person
There were definitely bedwetting children in the late 80s and early 90s who wore regular nappies at night beyond the age of 3 in the UK as I remember visiting friends houses up to around the age of 7 when there the tell-tale plastic mattress topper on the bed and a pack of nappies in the bedroom.

The funny thing is that whenever I asked them about the nappies (and occasionally ended up swiping one when they weren’t looking!) the answer was always something like “they‘re left over from when I was a baby”.

Even then I had a hunch that wasn’t true because the nappies were always the largest available and the swiped one always fit me perfectly. Looking back this was confirmed by the fact that the nappies were “current issue” for the time in which they were seen, rather than having older packaging.

The fact that I have distinct memories of friends turning bright red when I mentioned the nappies also confirmed my suspicions!

Happy days! (or should that be “nappy days!”
😆)

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperVapor, WillFord384, bohemian85 and 5 others
bambinod said:
And with me it's the opposite, I try to always be well hydrated before bed so my diaper's good-n-soaked by morning ;P

Now it doesn't bother me unless the odd circumstance I am not prepared. Which normally I am.

I was pretty much a reliable bedwetter through high-school until I dropped a large amount of weight. I hated waking up in wet sheets, as I only wore Goodnites through 3rd grade. I still have occasional issues as an adult, especially if I drink heavily (booze), so when I had a safe address and schedule, I was happy to order Goodnites again, and really haven't had an issue, as now I can predict when I need nighttime protection

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Edgelyn
I was out of cloth diapers / plastic underpants (PUPs) sometime around age 2 - 3 per my mother. I then "graduated to training underwear which was looked at as no longer being a baby since you did not wear "pin on diapers". But by age 4 I was again wearing training underwear with PUPs very often and did not think too much about it as it seemed "normal" to me and I hated waking up in cold wet sheets in the middle of the night.

It is strange I do not recall actually wearing my two pair of plastic underpants from age 5 - 6 (but always saw them in my pajama drawer), but I do recall at age 4 wearing PUPs and thinking if someone came in my house while I was watching TV before bed, they would have seen me wearing them so I pulled a blanket over myself even though it was August and warm (no AC in the house back then). I recall every 2 - 3 days my PUPs would be moved around my drawer along with my training underwear and just figured it was my mom doing the wash so I must have been still wearing at night because there would be no reason to wash my PUPs unless I wet in them somewhat. If I ever did wake up somewhat wet (or not) I would just toss my trainers and PUPs in the hamper that next morning. Several other kids my age wore PUPs and training underwear (I recall seeing some in laundry baskets at their homes) but we never spoke about it (I just accepted it as somewhat "normal for my age"). My parents never made a big deal about it, maybe because it was not very often / heavy wetting. I do recall not waking up to wet sheets hardly at all from age 4 - 12 and that is a great memory.

At age 7 I no longer wore protection at night and I was quite happy about this but at my first sleepover at a friend's house at age 8 I totally soaked the sheets and was very embarrassed. A second sleepover (had to be done my parents were going out of town) I wore trainers / PUPS but wet so heavy it leaked by a lot. My friend's mother put me back into a full diaper and PUPs and though I was humiliated, it turned out for the best as I did not leak and my friend's family never made fun of me for it. It was at that point I actually appreciated wearing full protection at night as wet sheets / obviously being a heavy wetter was worse if others noticed it.

I honestly do not recall if I wore full protection or just trainers / PUPs after that (purposeful mental block / refusal to even think about it?). Until around age 10 I recall being in just regular underwear and asking my mom if the plastic mattress cover on my bed could be removed and she said she wanted to wait a bit longer "just to make sure". At the age 11 or 12 one day my plastic mattress cover was gone too. I was pretty much bed-wetting free after that (except for some misunderstood wet dreams and my buying my own PUPS) but at age 18 and first in college I began to have heavy wetting at night and put myself back into a full snap on diapers and PUPS with the support of an understanding roommate (who had bedwetting issues until age 11) and the dorm housing counselor.

Reactions: SacredHourglass, chuck, SydDLBoi and 2 others
I wet myself at night until around about age 12 once I started to stop. I luckily was diapered during this time and for about 6 months after just in case it started again. After a while I just got stick of trying to hide it so most of my closest friends ending up knowing about it, either through sleepovers or camps. I just figured that if I wasn't trying to hide it or go around telling everyone that it would be a big deal. Which was true - mostly.

Reactions: jaredc3 and JOCKMAN
I wish! Bedwetting was a rare occasion for me when I was between 4 and 9; when we moved, it was more frequent from 9 to 11 and my parents did nothing about it but complain, with heavy emphasis on my father, who'd fill the air with pi** & moan because he could, and felt it was his God-given privilege to do so as the head of the house. My parents married very young (father almost 19, mother just turned 16), way too young in my opinion. They could barely take care of themselves, let alone children and much less a special-needs child, which I ended up being.

Father would always gripe about every single bedwetting episode and always threatened me with Pampers over it...and threatened me with assault a time or two (he did throw me across the room a time or two). He never did anything constructive about any childhood issue: once I was sent home with lice during a school epidemic and when I got home, he was there with a menacing look on his face and told me to "get in [my] f***ing room and out of [his] f***ing sight"...which explains his character at that time. Mother, the soft-spoken one, reamed him out for that because I ran to my room, shattered and sobbing uncontrollably.

I don't talk with my parents much. I feel I burdened them enough as a child and thus stay away. They also know I want nothing from them if they die. Despite the fact I badly wanted to be in diapers for emotional reasons, they would've been an effective means to control my bedwetting in my then-unknown autism (I was just written off as a "retard" back then for it by others)...and very well could've changed our family dynamic for the better, even if only slightly so.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Ibysan, hoimi, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and 5 others
I went back to nappies at 15 following an appointment with the continence nurse. I wore them every night until I was almost 22 when I finally stopped wetting the bed.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08 and BobbiSueEllen
Back