Who was a diapered bedwetter as a child?

Diaperedred93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was a bedwetter up until I was about 14 years old. I was never allowed to wear diapers because my parents just thought I was to lazy to get up and pee at night. I really wish I could have spent those years diapered. How many of yall had the advantage of being diapered at night?

Reactions: ABDLAbs01, Lewis Badger, nou2019 and 8 others
I started wetting the bed when I was about 10 and this lasted until about 13. After the first few nights (actually I have absolutely no idea how long it was), my parents got me diapers and I used them until I stopped wetting the bed. They were snap-on plastic pants with a small cloth liner. I have seen these advertised in the Sears catalogs many years ago. These diapers were totally ineffective as the bed and my PJs were always wet in the morning.

Reactions: TheDideeboy, bedwetter bobby, DiaperGuy08 and 2 others
BabyDenise said:
I started wetting the bed when I was about 10 and this lasted until about 13. After the first few nights (actually I have absolutely no idea how long it was), my parents got me diapers and I used them until I stopped wetting the bed. They were snap-on plastic pants with a small cloth liner. I have seen these advertised in the Sears catalogs many years ago. These diapers were totally ineffective as the bed and my PJs were always wet in the morning.
Waking up to a soaked bed was cold and awful. I always wished that I was cozy and diapered but never got the chance until I was done bedwetting and old enough to get my own diapers.

• Sad
Reactions: hoimi, Ralphie, chamberpot and 4 others
My parents should have never even considered taking me out of diapers. I had problems that required them through 4th grade, and beyond. This is the deck of cards that the autism spectrum hands to you when you are born with it. So at this point, communication with my immediate biological family on both sides is very minute. It is a socioeconomic status problem that presents its self every time that family has a function of any kind. I have an adoptive family instead who accepts me the way I am, regardless of my developmental disability. I can't even consider my biological relatives as being legal, because the relationship does not exist. However, I can see myself as a friend of the family, with my adoptive family being my true actual relatives.

With all this being said, I did not realize that I actually have a medical need for diapers until I was in my early 40's after I was diagnosed with autism!

• Sad
Reactions: NaranjaColor, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and legojoker88
BabyDenise said:
Lol!--Those snap-side vinyl pants from the catalogs with the 3-ply snap-in liner were designed, bought, and eminently suitable for nocturnal emissions--I always had one as soon as I put it on! You had to add pads or diapers if they were going to be peed in. I'm surprised they aren't still available.

Reactions: Jim100
I was never diapered for bed wetting ,, i just had a wet damp or wet bed most of the time

Reactions: Teddy02, NaranjaColor, JoeMusic1976 and 1 other person
I was a bedwetter up to 16 and my mom would buy me the all white goodnites. Even after I started getting too big for them she said that's what I get. So I had to buy meself depends at the store.

Reactions: SacredHourglass, thedlguy, NaranjaColor and 2 others
dlboylife said:
I was a bedwetter up to 16 and my mom would buy me the all white goodnites. Even after I started getting too big for them she said that's what I get. So I had to buy meself depends at the store.
I never had the chance to try the all white Goodnites. The bmx Goodnites were the ones available once I was old enough to get my own.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and DamianTheAngel
I wet the bed off and on till I was 16 or so........no diapers though......I definitely wish they were available back then like they are now.

I stopped wetting at night just before turning 4, and wore nappies until I stopped, so technically no, I suppose.

My partner wore them at night until she was five (plastic tape-on Peaudouce nappies because Pull-Ups hadn’t come to the UK yet).

Her parents were very laid back with her being mildly autistic (she wasn’t diagnosed til later, they thought she was just quirky and weren’t worried because she was streets ahead academically) and just let her wear them until she was ready to stop.

Reactions: DiaperVapor, mansfieldboi, Jim100 and 1 other person
I wore pull ups at night until I was 9. At that point I stopped because I was too embarrassed to wear them around my brother.

Let’s just say over the next few years I got really good at doing laundry...

• Sad
Reactions: Milianna, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Diaperedred93
When I was about 6, I started to wet the bed again- I was super excited because my mom decided to put me back in goodnites!

Sadly it only lasted a few short weeks - my parents realized that I was enjoying it, and promptly took them away ☹️ It was a good few weeks though.

I wasn’t able to get back in diapers until my late teen years - those were dark times 😢 luckily, those days are passed, and I am now able to spend almost every night diapered 😁

• Love
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, RetroGamerGuy and Diaperedred93
I wet the bed enough that my parents put me back in diapers when I was about 6, but it didn't last long. I remember being really excited about it. I'd drink a lot of water before bed and wet my pull-ups intentionally before going to sleep, then wouldn't want to take them off in the morning. I remember a couple times I tried to get dressed for school without taking off my wet pull-up, and my mom getting mad at me.

For some reason, they took me out of diapers at night, even though I continued to wet the bed on and off until I was 10 or so. I definitely had nights where I'd wake up and wash my sheets.

Reactions: SacredHourglass, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Diaperedred93
Edgelyn said:
Lol!--Those snap-side vinyl pants from the catalogs with the 3-ply snap-in liner were designed, bought, and eminently suitable for nocturnal emissions--I always had one as soon as I put it on! You had to add pads or diapers if they were going to be peed in. I'm surprised they aren't still available.

I don't remember how many plys my diapers had but I don't think it was 3. Maybe 2?

Diaperedred93 said:
Waking up to a soaked bed was cold and awful. I always wished that I was cozy and diapered but never got the chance until I was done bedwetting and old enough to get my own diapers.

It's odd but I don't remember ever thinking that my bed was cold due to my pee in the morning. If, for some reason I got up and then went back to bed without changing the sheets, yes, then the bed was cold but not if I stayed in bed. (Actually, I don't remember ever getting up in the middle of the night with a wet bed so I don't think this ever happened to me.)

BabyDenise said:
I don't remember how many plys my diapers had but I don't think it was 3. Maybe 2?

It's odd but I don't remember ever thinking that my bed was cold due to my pee in the morning. If, for some reason I got up and then went back to bed without changing the sheets, yes, then the bed was cold but not if I stayed in bed. (Actually, I don't remember ever getting up in the middle of the night with a wet bed so I don't think this ever happened to me.)
I would wake up every now and then to a wet bed and it wasn't a very pleasant feeling at all.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I suffered from a small stint of bedwetting when I was in my last year of high school. However, it cleared up the summer before my senior year. I remember at this point my parents buying me goodnites. They kinda worked but I was way too big for them and they often leaked. I begged them to get me tape on diapers but instead, I got the yucky granny pants underwear. They worked ok for my needs but I still woke up with wet pants a time or two.

Reactions: Boopa, DiaperGuy08, thedlguy and 1 other person
I wet on and off as a kid. My girlfriend was a chronic bedwetter until she was 17, and is now 22. I trained easy and young and didn't start wetting immediately. She however, was slow to train and had issues staying dry during the day until she was 5, and wet almost nightly through high school

Reactions: Wetshisbed
chamberpot said:
I was never diapered for bed wetting ,, i just had a wet damp or wet bed most of the time
Same here from being about 8 or 9 until I was 15 when I went back to nappies. A damp or sometimes wet and always smelly bed was just normal for je.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08
I was until I was 14, every night, my dad said he was a bedwetter as well. I would never wake up during the night, wake up the next morning soaked.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I was a bedwetter on and off till i was 16 , wore tape ons as goodnites didn't seem to hold my adult wetting and after i stopped wetting i had to secretly buy them without my mom knowing as im a DL.

Reactions: GoodniteLover219, DiaperGuy08 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
Back