I Love Libraries

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Today my mom had to get her car inspected. The garage is next to a library, so we went inside to wait.

I had not been in this particular library in a number of years. Besides checking out four children's books, a manga, and a movie, I also got three books to keep for free.

Tomorrow I plan on going to my usual library, to return books and also hopefully get a couple more and a movie.

So yeah... I definitely take advantage of the local library system. Still have the same card I got as a little kid!

• Love
Reactions: Lyokodl, DylanLewis and NooNoo
I HATE libraries. They ALWAYS want you to be quiet. Like as if that's even an option. Plus, no food or drinks? My bottle won't leave any stains even IF if I accidentally drop it, so why is it banned? NO WAY, libraries are about as anti-baby as you can get.

They do have dr.suse though, so maybe that even things out?

Back in the day I enjoyed libraries. You never knew what adventure awaited you in just the right book. They typically have interesting covers and that always asked questions. Who's that and what happens to them? Now I just look at all the titles and descriptions of books that I can download off the internet. Still, gong into a brick and mortar building that has thousands of books is a unique experience. That's why I enjoy going to my Barnes and Noble store.

Reactions: DylanLewis and Slomo
dogboy said:
Back in the day I enjoyed libraries. You never knew what adventure awaited you in just the right book. They typically have interesting covers and that always asked questions. Who's that and what happens to them? Now I just look at all the titles and descriptions of books that I can download off the internet. Still, gong into a brick and mortar building that has thousands of books is a unique experience. That's why I enjoy going to my Barnes and Noble store.
I've been by a Barnes and Noble but never in one. I usually can't afford brand-new books so for me there's not much point anyway. Thrift stores are my book store.

Reactions: Lyokodl and NooNoo
KimbaFoxNatsume said:
Today my mom had to get her car inspected. The garage is next to a library, so we went inside to wait.

I had not been in this particular library in a number of years. Besides checking out four children's books, a manga, and a movie, I also got three books to keep for free.

Tomorrow I plan on going to my usual library, to return books and also hopefully get a couple more and a movie.

So yeah... I definitely take advantage of the local library system. Still have the same card I got as a little kid!
Yay another library lover!

dogboy said:
I’m not a fan of my kindle unless I’m travelling. I love the library and I totally agree that going to a building with lots of books is a unique experience. We have Waterstones in the Uk. Have you been to Powell’s bookstore in the states? That has been my absolute best experience ever. I bought so many books I had to have them shipped home.

Our local library is one of the only things left in our dying mall. It has an awesome Children's Library, which comes in handy when we're babysitting my 7 year old cousin.

NooNoo said:
I’m not a fan of my kindle unless I’m travelling. I love the library and I totally agree that going to a building with lots of books is a unique experience. We have Waterstones in the Uk. Have you been to Powell’s bookstore in the states? That has been my absolute best experience ever. I bought so many books I had to have them shipped home.

We don't have a Powell's bookstore but do have a Barnes and Noble. The head of our Pastor Parish committee gave me at Christmas time, a gift certificate for B & N so I guess I will be going there soon. Sometimes having a book instead of my Ipad or phone is more convenient because it doesn't need charging.

Reactions: NooNoo
Illinoise said:
Our local library is one of the only things left in our dying mall. It has an awesome Children's Library, which comes in handy when we're babysitting my 7 year old cousin.
So my local dying mall isn't the only one that has more unusual things in it, besides stores...

Alas that most of the books I'm reading are technical manuals and textbooks, and those are the sort of thing libraries suck at. They're an expensive moving target. I get it.

So... Amazon and eBay.

We used to take our kids to the library pretty regularly, though.

I also amuse myself to recall the time I spent in my elementary school's library back in the early 1980's. Our school librarian was a living fossil, and her slow, old voice just made you want to go to sleep. I can remember sitting through her lesson on Dewey Decimals and how to use the card catalog, and thinking, "Man, I'd rather be anywhere else!" It wouldn't surprise me to know that library use as an adult correlates with how charismatic your childhood librarian was.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Alas that most of the books I'm reading are technical manuals and textbooks, and those are the sort of thing libraries suck at. They're an expensive moving target. I get it.

So... Amazon and eBay.

We used to take our kids to the library pretty regularly, though.

I also amuse myself to recall the time I spent in my elementary school's library back in the early 1980's. Our school librarian was a living fossil, and her slow, old voice just made you want to go to sleep. I can remember sitting through her lesson on Dewey Decimals and how to use the card catalog, and thinking, "Man, I'd rather be anywhere else!" It wouldn't surprise me to know that library use as an adult correlates with how charismatic your childhood librarian was.
Stands to reason. My local librarians are lovely, I have known them since childhood, many are now friends. Also books have just been a big part of my life growing up.

Cottontail reminded me of when I would go to the library as a little kid. I really would be excited about it, looking for books that might be a little bit scary. I always enjoyed the Hardy Boys, and there were books about ghost dogs, etc. There always was an adventure waiting. We tend to take these things for granted as adults but when you were very young, you could imagine a castle and knights in armor, or sailing on a square rigger and fighting pirates just by finding the right book.

Reactions: DylanLewis
I think of libraries as the safe haven for both seasoned and aspiring intellectuals, alike.

Reactions: dous and DylanLewis
dogboy said:
you could imagine a castle and knights in armor, or sailing on a square rigger and fighting pirates just by finding the right book.
this reminded me of the dark times when we were doing book reports at school and i always ended up getting some early 20th century "cultural heritage" book which i was too young to fully understand and got bored to death.

but last year i dusted out my old chronicles of narnia books and finally read the voyage of the dawntreader. that story was so good that i couldn't finish the followup book because it felt so boring in comparison

Reactions: dogboy
MissAmy said:
this reminded me of the dark times when we were doing book reports at school and i always ended up getting some early 20th century "cultural heritage" book which i was too young to fully understand and got bored to death.

but last year i dusted out my old chronicles of narnia books and finally read the voyage of the dawntreader. that story was so good that i couldn't finish the followup book because it felt so boring in comparison

Yes, I've read all the Narnia books and I loved The Dawntreader.

For me, book are my life.
Between my brother and I, we have something like almost 1,000 books here at home.

Reactions: Furrytum and DylanLewis
Wow! Where do you put them. I had to weed some of my books out because I needed the space on my book shelves.

I love my libraries... there's 3 within an easy cycle ride of my home. I always head straight for the history section... they're pretty much the only books I like.

Slomo said:
I HATE libraries. They ALWAYS want you to be quiet. Like as if that's even an option. Plus, no food or drinks? My bottle won't leave any stains even IF if I accidentally drop it, so why is it banned? NO WAY, libraries are about as anti-baby as you can get.

They do have dr.suse though, so maybe that even things out?

Our library has it's own cafe with the most awesome coffee from a local roaster. I haven't been able to go there nearly as much as I'd like to. Fortunately, their online selection of books is pretty good, too. I can visit virtually. Even diapered, in bed, at 2am.

As much as I hate government and taxes, I have to admit the library gives me pretty good bang for my bucks. Of course I don't go there diapered or with a bottle....

Last edited:
Back