💖🧸🍼Daddy’s precious little prince🍼🧸💖
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
Has anyone bought the hook and loop diapers from ABU? What’s the difference? I tried looking at the description for the diaper but all it said was stuff about the patterns. I feel dumb for asking but if someone could explain the hook and loop to me that would be great!

Attachments

• AC19E0A9-1974-4C96-A517-22BF3CDAB135.jpeg
    AC19E0A9-1974-4C96-A517-22BF3CDAB135.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 16
The landing zone feels like a medium grit sand paper but is really loops for the tabs to connect to. The tabs are like a Velcro. This allows them to be place multiple times without loss of being secure.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LilxFawn and BobbiSueEllen
ThinkandComfy said:
The landing zone feels like a medium grit sand paper but is really loops for the tabs to connect to. The tabs are like a Velcro. This allows them to be place multiple times without loss of being secure.

Pretty much hit all the points! The tabs are more alike ones you'd find on modern baby diapers than our standard sticky tapes.

Last edited:
Reactions: perlFerret and LilxFawn
ThinkandComfy said:
Ohhhh okay! Thank you so much! They don’t feel like that on the inside do they? I have sensitive skin and the sand paper description makes me a touch hesitant lol.

LilxFawn said:
Ohhhh okay! Thank you so much! They don’t feel like that on the inside do they? I have sensitive skin and the sand paper description makes me a touch hesitant lol.

They do not. The inside is as soft as any of our non-hook and loop style diapers.

Reactions: perlFerret, ThickandComfy and LilxFawn
GoSuperMarcus said:
They do not. The inside is as soft as any of our non-hook and loop style diapers.
Cool! Thank you! 😊

Reactions: ThickandComfy
Can't wait untill there is a UK Supplier, and the Tykables Unicorns. Guess these are still on sample only stage?

Reactions: LilxFawn
ComfyNappies171 said:
Can't wait untill there is a UK Supplier, and the Tykables Unicorns. Guess these are still on sample only stage?

DinoRawrZ and BunnyHopps? They are available from our UK website (https://uk.eu.abuniverse.com/) in pack and case amounts. :)

Reactions: perlFerret
@GoSuperMarcus Awesome thanks :) out of stock in Large so shall keep an eye out. Normally i use Nappies-R-Us but they have been out of stock for months, and noticed a lot of items no longer sold,

so if you have stock SOLD!!!

Last edited:
ComfyNappies171 said:
@GoSuperMarcus Awesome thanks :) out of stock in Large so shall keep an eye out. Normally i use Nappies-R-Us but they have been out of stock for months, and noticed a lot of items no longer sold,

so if you have stock SOLD!!!

Yeah, Black Friday sales sucked up the remainder of our large stock pretty quick! We're expecting a big restock around the beginning of the New Year.

ComfyNappies171 said:

Nappiesrus has both the Cammies and Unicorns arriving soon. They were suposed to be there for this past weekend but has been delayed. So be sure to check out there site later this week in hopes the container has arrived with Unicorns and more. :)

Reactions: atechno and ComfyNappies171
ThinkandComfy said:
"Sandpaper" and "diapers" are two things that I don't want together at all. I applaud the functionality but the roughness is not a thing I want to feel on the outside of my diaper.

Reactions: LittleMissPink, 68Bonnie and LilxFawn
After hearing many people mention that the velcro landing zone on some diapers feels as rough as sandpaper, I'm really curious as to why that needs to be the case to keep the tapes on. Now, I'm nowhere near small enough to actually fit into Pampers size 7, but I still like to try now and then for shits & giggles, and although I haven't been successful since I had a 40" waist (don't get your hopes up, people; it was quite uncomfortable, but oddly satisfying), I'm always impressed that the velcro tabs manage to stay attached to the landing zone; it's usually something else that breaks/rips, and the velcro landing zone on a Pampers isn't rough at all; so, what gives?

LilxFawn said:
Has anyone bought the hook and loop diapers from ABU? What’s the difference? I tried looking at the description for the diaper but all it said was stuff about the patterns. I feel dumb for asking but if someone could explain the hook and loop to me that would be great!
As many noted it’s a generic Velcro (which is actually a brand name). Lovely things about these diapers is that if you elect to not to immediately pee in them, you can remove and attach them multiple times. I usually do this to extend my little time to 24 hours in a single diaper.

Last edited:
Brett3 said:
As many noted it’s a generic Velcro (which is actually a brand name). Lovely things about these diapers is that if you elect to not pee in them, you can remove and attach them multiple times. I usually do this to extend my little time by double most times.
That’s kind of why I like the pull ups! I might get cloth diapers honestly. I hate throwing them away when they’re unused, it feels wasteful

As I made the original sandpaper comment, I feel as though I need to clarify.
While the landing zone is rough, you are not going to file your nails on it.
Imagine a tightly woven fishing net layed flat against the landing zone. Synthetic material and extremely fine fishing line. In a diamond pattern. This is the landing zone.
while not smooth, it's definitely not an irritant. I did not expect to like it, and I wouldn't say I love it, but it's easy to tolerate.

not disapointed by it, but the landing zone is limited, so if they dont fit properly, leaking can ocure

Reactions: Brett3
68Bonnie said:
After hearing many people mention that the velcro landing zone on some diapers feels as rough as sandpaper,

"sandpaper" is a bit extreme. They're using a newer "micro velcro" nowadays. The feel of the texture on the loop panels is about the same as say, a t-shirt, although the panel itself is a bit stiffer, like a sheet or two of regular printer paper.

Reactions: Brett3
bambinod said:
"sandpaper" is a bit extreme. They're using a newer "micro velcro" nowadays. The feel of the texture on the loop panels is about the same as say, a t-shirt, although the panel itself is a bit stiffer, like a sheet or two of regular printer paper.
Let’s please establish sand paper is not the right word at all. I’m literally wearing one right now. The landing zone feels similar to a cloth-backed diaper but with an added texture. When I close my eyes the best analogy I can come up with is it reminds me of the texture on seatbelts. Which makes senes as those are also thin cloth materials that have to be grippy.

Would i want an entire diaper surrounded by it? No, not because it hurts, but I just don’t want any texture rubbed against legs. However, the design here is limited to only the landing zone and is not even noticeable once the diaper is attached.

-Brett

Brett3 said:
Let’s please establish sand paper is not the right word at all. I’m literally wearing one right now. The landing zone feels similar to a cloth-backed diaper but with an added texture. When I close my eyes the best analogy I can come up with is it reminds me of the texture on seatbelts. Which makes senes as those are also thin cloth materials that have to be grippy.

Would i want an entire diaper surrounded by it? No, not because it hurts, but I just don’t want any texture rubbed against legs. However, the design here is limited to only the landing zone and is not even noticeable once the diaper is attached.

-Brett
It's been noticeable to me when I'm with people wearing diapers with hook and loop landing zones. It would be more noticeable if I were the one wearing it. If you're good with it, that's fine but it doesn't appeal to me.

I realize this might come off a bit angry and that's not my intention. Diapers are very personal and we all have our preferences. This just isn't one of mine.

Last edited:
Back