Feeling Vindicated: Dinotopian2002: 1 Urologist: 0

Dinotopian2002

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi guys

This autumn has been a mixed bag, with some highs and lows. Among other things I have happened, I have managed to see a neurologist, and I have discovered that my incontinence is caused by nerve damage, and unfortunately it can’t be fixed. There’s nothing else I can do, on top of what I’m already doing.

He has also told me that while it’s unlikely my condition will worsen, it is possible that it could, and the worse case scenario is that I could lose all bladder and bowel control.

I’m still coming to terms with this news, as it underlines my fear of being in diapers 24/7 for the rest of my life, but at the same time I’ve felt vindicated. Three years ago I saw a urologist who suggested Botox injections or surgery, even though scans and tests showed there was nothing wrong with my bladder muscles. I refused, and decided to stick to wearing diapers to manage it as it was the least invasive option.

As a result, I feeling vindicated. I could have followed the urologist‘s advice and had major problems, and my health could have been even worse.

I still wish I didn’t have to wear diapers, but I’m glad that my padding has protected me from worse medical issues - in more ways than one! It’s also helped me feel much better about my diaper needs.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: chamberpot, Petya217 and NappiedTruckDriver
My urologist is fine with me wearing diapers as an alternative to meds

Dinotopian2002 said:
Hi guys

This autumn has been a mixed bag, with some highs and lows. Among other things I have happened, I have managed to see a neurologist, and I have discovered that my incontinence is caused by nerve damage, and unfortunately it can’t be fixed. There’s nothing else I can do, on top of what I’m already doing.

He has also told me that while it’s unlikely my condition will worsen, it is possible that it could, and the worse case scenario is that I could lose all bladder and bowel control.

I’m still coming to terms with this news, as it underlines my fear of being in diapers 24/7 for the rest of my life, but at the same time I’ve felt vindicated. Three years ago I saw a urologist who suggested Botox injections or surgery, even though scans and tests showed there was nothing wrong with my bladder muscles. I refused, and decided to stick to wearing diapers to manage it as it was the least invasive option.

As a result, I feeling vindicated. I could have followed the urologist‘s advice and had major problems, and my health could have been even worse.

I still wish I didn’t have to wear diapers, but I’m glad that my padding has protected me from worse medical issues - in more ways than one! It’s also helped me feel much better about my diaper needs.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Well utliest you now know whats the problem . Im sorry tho you now also know youre in this for life .But as youre also seems to be okey with it im happy for you.

We just have to hope things dont go the wrong way

Im with you on this only difrence i HATE having to wear all this and protect my self and everything els needed but i have also accepted my faith and im greatful for my protection

urinary incontinence sucks, mix in sporadic facial incontinence and diapers are a must.
When one never knows when might shit their pants it’s best to wear protection.

Dinotopian2002 said:
Hi guys

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002
Does the neurologist know how the nerve damage happened? Mine was caused by the epidurals for pain management? I’m just curious because I was told that I’m going to lose bladder control and not bowel control. I know incontinence is a pain to deal with I’m thankful for diapers to protect myself

Last edited:
lonnie said:
urinary incontinence sucks, mix in sporadic facial incontinence and diapers are a must.
I have facial incontinence too, when words come out of my mouth that weren't supposed to! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Dinotopian2002 and Petya217
Hi guys, thanks for your support.

I don’t like to give specifics of my illness, but it has caused me chronic nerve pain from the waist down. My neurologist has said that everything is inflamed and overly sensitive. In theory, the incontinence won’t get worse, but that doesn’t stack up with my experience as I’m leaking more than I used to.

As for the bowel issues, they don’t happen very often, it’s usually due to functional incontinence, as I use a wheelchair and I’m not always able to find an accessible toilet. But the urge can come on suddenly without warning.

And while I’ve embraced my diaper needs, I wish I didn’t need them. But it’s better than the alternatives.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Back