I hate Depends.

When I first started wearing I bought Depend Maximum Fitted then they changed to "with tabs." I never really had much trouble with them honestly. They satisfied a white plastic back tape diaper need that was easily accessible. I can remember flooding a couple of times without issue but usually used a booster.

The only big grudge I have against Depend is why do they get an open-market free-ride and all other diapers are mail-order/med-supply-only? I used to get bags of Attends off-the-shelf in various brick-and-mortar stores, as many as I wanted...not anymore. And the mind of an indifferent, non-wearing world only registers "Depends" when the subject of adult diapers ever comes up in convo. It's like fast-food...so many better fast-food joints out there but the brain only sees ketchup-slathered cardboard-bits "McDonalds" food. Agh. #conditioning

BobbiSueEllen said:
The only big grudge I have against Depend is why do they get an open-market free-ride and all other diapers are mail-order/med-supply-only? I used to get bags of Attends off-the-shelf in various brick-and-mortar stores, as many as I wanted...not anymore. And the mind of an indifferent, non-wearing world only registers "Depends" when the subject of adult diapers ever comes up in convo. It's like fast-food...so many better fast-food joints out there but the brain only sees ketchup-slathered cardboard-bits "McDonalds" food. Agh. #conditioning

I think they essentially did what Kleenex did to the tissue. Idk if it's their fault but you are definitely correct.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
intfusmil said:
I think they essentially did what Kleenex did to the tissue. Idk if it's their fault but you are definitely correct.
Well, both are Kimberly-Clark, that makes one wonder. #corporategods

Reactions: intfusmil
BobbiSueEllen said:
Well, both are Kimberly-Clark, that makes one wonder. #corporategods
People keep buying them, so they keep making 'em . Also that just about every store in existence has Depends .

KitsuneFox said:
People keep buying them, so they keep making 'em . Also that just about every store in existence has Depends .
True, but it didn't used to be that way. And I miss getting my "Pampers" at the store instead of now waiting on a UPS truck. Agh.

BobbiSueEllen said:
True, but it didn't used to be that way. And I miss getting my "Pampers" at the store instead of now waiting on a UPS truck. Agh.
My home town has a lot of older folks ... you's think the local medical supply store would have good quality diapers ... nope :cautious:
Need to start a chain specifically to sell higher quality incontinence products :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: FudgedInLuvs and BobbiSueEllen
I got a feeling that soon, the only brick-and-mortar stores left will be warehouses...Amazon will have them in every major city and most things will delivered within 24 hours of ordering. #McConsumerism

With UberEats and GrubHub on the rise, I can see fast-food no longer having dining areas, esp. in an age of messy and/or dramatic diners. 😧

• Sad
Reactions: KitsuneFox
BobbiSueEllen said:
I got a feeling that soon, the only brick-and-mortar stores left will be warehouses...Amazon
Amazon has raised it's rates a lot in the last year - they are losing 3rd party sellers .
* looks out window *
The machines have not taken over yet ... and I dread the day humanity takes it too far .

Well, we've managed to surprise ourselves enough in human history...but I digress. I find it odd that the adult diaper which is the easiest to access is also perhaps the worst. O well, guess the stack of folded brown cardboard boxes will continue to grow...they do come in handy. ;)

PCS said:
In the UK that’s because most incontinent folk get their nappies FREE from our wonderful NHS 🇬🇧

Don’t believe the lies- there’s barely a person who is against free universal healthcare here, and we’re far from being a Communist state.

You can buy private healthcare here too (no-one is taking freedom of choice from you) but it tends to just mean a faster operation in a slightly nicer hospital. As such, less than 10% of the population bother.
Thats not universal healthcare..... thats. Third party payment of the care your getting..... people dont comprehend the difference between the care

And the payment

alannanicole said:
Thats not universal healthcare..... thats. Third party payment of the care your getting..... people dont comprehend the difference between the care

And the payment

I can’t pretend to understand the point you’re making, but if it’s “your care so no one else should pay but you” then I guess that’s a ideological difference between the widespread US view and the widespread UK view.

And then there's the old adages "It's gotta come from somewhere" and "One way or another, we pay". Nothing's ever truly "free".

Reactions: MrsZaronab and KitsuneFox
True.

I think I’ll go with the slightly higher taxes and sleep secure in the knowledge that I won’t go bankrupt if I get sick and that (contrary to what your media tell you) care is world-class.

I rather like living in a country where no-one is turned away from hospital because they’re uninsured or can’t pay.

I think citizens of these third-world communist countries would probably agree...

🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇨🇦 🇦🇺 🇳🇿

🇩🇰 🇸🇪 🇳🇴 🇫🇮

Last edited:
Here's the rhetoric...

PCS said:
True.

I think I’ll go with the slightly higher taxes and sleep secure in the knowledge that I won’t go bankrupt if I get sick and that (contrary to what your media tell you) care is world-class.

I rather like living in a country where no-one is turned away from hospital because they’re uninsured or can’t pay.
Tax rates and cost of living are incredibly high ... there is no "slightly" about it.

Both Denmark and Norway have the Guinness World record for highest taxes in the world ... whats the point of "free" healthcare if you can not afford rent or food ?

The high taxes ensure that no-one is left homeless or hungry.

In Europe we have a concept known as social housing where the state provides housing to those on low incomes at subsidised rents.

It’s far more generous in Scandinavia than in the UK, but no-one goes hungry there. The UK is kind of “middle of the road”, somewhere in between the US and Scandinavia when it comes to social provision.

Perhaps this should be a new thread... I didn’t mean to hijack it.

Getting back On T- I did import some 6-tab Depends once as only the Realfit PullUps are available in shops here. Could be worse but there’s far better available. Depends say they’re a one-wet product anyway, but “Maximum protection” is definitely a misnomer.

Last edited:
Anyway...back to the topic at hand: hating Depends... :)

My medical costd INCLUDING my diapers annually. Is LESS than 1 month premium of medical 3rd party payment coverage...... ill pay my own medical expenses THANK YOU very much. And UNTIL theres a LAW that mandates im a party to taxation. Ill continue to NOT volunteer my labor and sweat equity. To taxation

As for depends.... they work... for the 9.00 a pack i pay for them. I can double them when i need them doubled to accommodate my needs when i cant get my normal prefered brand of premium diapers.... currently i am having great success in longevity with northshore supremes.. and their lites in colors give me a bit of cute i need to feel somewhat sexy in them.

Given a choice of 16 depends at 9.00 and 15 northshore for 17 ... duh.... give me the north shore they last 3x as long. Diaper for diaper. But. Im forgetful or broke enough i need to wait a day or 2 to get my case order they function well enough to get through

Last edited:
alannanicole said:
My medical costd INCLUDING my diapers annually. Is LESS than 1 month premium of medical 3rd party payment coverage...... ill pay my own medical expenses THANK YOU very much. And UNTIL theres a LAW that mandates im a party to taxation. Ill continue to NOT volunteer my labor and sweat equity. To taxation

As for depends.... they work... for the 9.00 a pack i pay for them. I can double them when i need them doubled to accommodate my needs when i cant get my normal prefered brand of premium diapers.... currently i am having great success in longevity with northshore supremes.. and their lites in colors give me a bit of cute i need to feel somewhat sexy in them.

Given a choice of 16 depends at 9.00 and 15 northshore for 17 ... duh.... give me the north shore they last 3x as long. Diaper for diaper. But. Im forgetful or broke enough i need to wait a day or 2 to get my case order they function well enough to get through

Fair enough.

Different perspective that’s equally valid.

I just like knowing that if I get seriously ill and need an operation my care doesn’t depend on my ability to pay. I speak from first hand experience.

Incidentally, does your state allow you to opt out of taxation payments that cover police, fire department, education, roads and suchlike providing you undertake not to use them or pay for them out of your own pocket when you do?

Last edited:
Back