What is the first diaper you were put in or put on after being potty trained??

Reactions: dltyty
For me it would have been the Pampers available in 1971, that’s when I first put in a diaper after being forced potty trained.
Summer of 72 was put back into diapers as punishment after being caught wearing a diaper. Best and worst summer of my childhood.

My grandmother changed my wet pants into
babylino diaper "Greek baby diapers"
I think it was 1981.The diaper has two pieces,one nylon and one cotton fabric booster

Antientmariner said:
I'm kinda confused... Are you all asking your parents what you wore out do you just have good memory? There were so many diapers to choose from in 1990 I couldn't say

I'm mostly just going off of old-ass home videos I've seen of me (VHS videos, christ I'm old...). Of various family get-together/holidays.

I was potty trained very, very early--and have no direct memory of wearing diapers out of a actual *need*--but I've seen videos of me having just woken up wearing PJ's wearing what was clearly a plastic backed Luvs diaper, with Barney on it. If the date on the camcorder thing was correct--I would have been 4 and 5, at the time.

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Rezzu, DiaperedBedwetter1998, dltyty and 1 other person
Although disposables were just on the market in the mid 50's cloth with either rubber or maybe plastic pants was the norm. I was put back into cloth diapers. I also was put back into the crib; for how long I don't remember about the crib but the diapers were needed until 4.5 years old. And on long trips until almost 6. I was not small nor was I a overly large child, bigger then most but not as big as some other children was. Not fat but just correct for size to weight.

Dan09 said:
I'm mostly just going off of old-ass home videos I've seen of me (VHS videos, christ I'm old...). Of various family get-together/holidays.

I was potty trained very, very early--and have no direct memory of wearing diapers out of a actual *need*--but I've seen videos of me having just woken up wearing PJ's wearing what was clearly a plastic backed Luvs diaper, with Barney on it. If the date on the camcorder thing was correct--I would have been 4 and 5, at the time.

s-l1600.jpg
Why oh why did they stop making baby diapers plastic backed? Hasn't it been proved here that those are better than cloth texture? I only buy plastic backed diapers for a reason, and it's probably not only because that's what I wore as a child.

Once I was in underpants I never wore nappies/diapers again, sadly. But the plastic pants stayed in my underwear drawer, as a sort of threat. I never had the courage to wet myself and get put into plastic pants.

My brain is too broken to remember ... they where my sister's diapers .
The first name brand I can remember is Pampers around the age of 14 .

Around 12 or 11 my sister still had a half finished package of Girls Pull ups that she used once during a long trip. The week after the trip i made my way to her closet and took one.

From chats with my mom I would ask for a pamper long after I was trained. I stoped because of my step dad’s friendly teasing. I remember the card board boxes, they where used for storage around the house long after I was out of diapers.

Attachments

• 35389C06-B583-45F8-ACCE-52E19641EFDB.jpeg
    35389C06-B583-45F8-ACCE-52E19641EFDB.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 11
First one I was put in would have been a Kimbies nappy for bedwetting. First one I put on myself, well the first one wasn't really putting it on but rather stuffing a Huggies in my underwear.

Don't know when I was potty trained, but I've been a bedwetter for a long time, Goodnites then, and Goodnites now

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and dltyty
Probably Early 1980's luvs or pampers i can't remember. I do recall quite vividly they had Disney charecters on them

Reactions: Jim100 and dltyty
I think it would have been a pampers of some description for bedwetting, I normally wear cloth nappies but on this occasion it was a sleepover at a relatives and they wanted to use disposables, one of the boys one back when they still differentiated. I think I would have been about 4 or 5 back then.

I don’t remeber. My aunt put me in disposable pads and plastic pants before sleep between age of 6 and 10 when I was ill or tired.
After that period, my first diaper in which I was put in was Tena Slip Supee( PE) during my stay in hospital. Felt embaressed then, put nurse told me don’ t need to worry. Been in dipers several days.

Back in the 60's it was all cloth with plastic or rubber pants.

A towel. I have no idea of the manufacturer or brand. Just a terry cloth towel my friends.

This is one of my oldest memories (or youngest depending upon your perspective) when I had been struggling with bedwetting shortly after being potty trained. I think I was around 4 maybe 5 and I went through a stage of wetting my bed. I remember that one night when I had wet the bed and had the sheets changed by my mother and then either it was a second or maybe third time the same night, when my mother simply out of practicality, made a diaper out of a pink towel and used diaper pins to fully fasten it to me so that I didn't wake them up further in the night and require additional bedding or underwear changes till morning. I remember crying and not wanting to wear this, saying I wasn't a baby, but having my mother tell me it was okay and just that i needed to wear it so I could sleep without having to get up again until morning.

Crazy, I know. But I remember vividly that it was a pink towel and the fact that it was diaper pins used to fasten it as a diaper.

Reactions: Lewis Badger and dltyty
The first real diaper I returned to was depends when they were thick and green. I started with towels and pins but didn’t work well.

Ordinary cloth diapers and plastic pants. I started wetting my bed around 6 (I think) and was pinned into diapers every night until I was in my 10th year.

I made my own diapers out of old towels and a garbage bag and safety pins that I found in my mom's sewing box until I could buy some diapers on my own

Back