Depends Real Fit (My Review)

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had been wanting to get my hands on these to try for quite some time. I was very excited to get these and I had high hopes because these are marketed as premium (expensive) diapers with maximum absorbency. This weekend I finally bought some and I am beyond disappointed, I am shocked at the reliability of these.

I primarily wear ABDL diapers but often wear Goodnites L-XL. I have been wanting to find a proper adult pullup which is comfortable, stylish, does not resemble over-sized-frilly-granny-underwear which raises up past your belly button, and most importantly can handle one wetting.

I finally bought some this weekend. I was surprised that they come in a box and not plastic packaging, I grabbed the S/M box.

There was a $5 off coupon on the box but there was no way in hell I was walking up to the 19 year old cashier and asking her to please apply the discount as a line forms behind me and watches my face turn red, what if she is new and has to call a supervisor to help apply the coupon??!!. I am a pretty confident and not shy guy, I have no idea how people with incontinence are expected to walk to a cashier and hand them adult diapers. In my mind I was prepared but once I was there in the isle and looked over at the cashier I panic.

I used self checkout and I paid the very high price of $25 for 12 diapers.

a.png

Finally home.

• I first noticed that the outer shell feel of these were less like cloth and almost rubbery. Nothing like what I pictured based off of the ads.
  • There are no leg guards but the elastic band does an okay job at keeping the diaper tight against my leg/thigh/private area/tummy. (Or so I thought)
  • There is not much padding on these, almost the same amount as my Goodnites.
  • It's fairly easy to keep the pullup band below my underwear band, making these fit well and remain discrete.
  • Feels comfortable and its easy to forget that you're wearing a pull up
  • The absorbent padding doesn't go very far up the back.

GET TO THE POINT....

I have been testing diapers for nearly a year now, I have tried dozens of premium ABDL diapers and many medical and store brand diapers, that includes L-XL Goodnites. I wear medium diapers and have a normal 5'11 200LB body, normal hang.

DEPENDS REAL FIT ARE THE WORST DIAPER I HAVE EVER USED.

TEST 1

I checked to ensure the diaper was on properly and everything was in place. I was wearing underwear and shorts with my Real Fit. Standing still I SLOWLY and INTERMITTENTLY wet myself with a normal adult wetting. **THIS IS THE SAME THING I DO WITH MY GOODNITES WHICH DO NOT LEAK**

By the end the diaper had leaked out on both of the far sides of my zipper. This is the most open and plain sight spot to get a leak. It's literally the last spot you want a leak when you have an accident. For a slow wetting I am actually caught off guard.

TEST 2

Once again I made sure everything was in perfect place and the elastic bands are tight and ready. This time I was going to give it a proper wetting, no holding back, no pushing, just a normal flow.

NEVER-EVER-EVER-NOT-ONCE HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ME

>> I stood there in shock as within seconds my pee was dripping onto the floor and my feet, a steady flow of drip drip drip drip <<

When I removed the diaper I gave a quick look and the padding was 100% saturated. Again, all I did was a normal wetting, nothing major.

I grabbed my mop and cleaned the area then took a shower.

I've done these same tests with Goodnites and I've never had this happen. I am a positive person and believe in "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all" BUT HOW THE HECK ARE THE PEOPLE AT DEPENDS STANDING BEHIND THIS GARBAGE OVERPRICED PRODUCT.

They market this as a "Maximum Absorbency" product which uses "Super absorbent material for Trusted Protection". Depends should be advertising these as light absorbency.

Out of the 25-30 diapers I've tested these are the worst.

Aside from a small select few briefs/diapers, the incontinence isle at Wal-Mart and Pharmacies is a joke. Someone needs to shake up the incontinence isle and market.

PS: I sent a copy of this to Kimberly-Clark but with minor edits, I was open that I am DL and kept it mature.

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot and sbmccue
Thanks for your review. I think they look nice but a diaper - pull-up with no leak leg guards? Hmm I wouldn't buy that. BTW I'm a medium wearer with disposables but if I wear a pull-up I would need a size smaller. So I'm guessing they would be to big for me.
I bought some from Tena Men once and they were way too big on me. I had to throw them away...

Reactions: neophyte
I’m amazed at the fact that the brand leaders are often utter rubbish, especially when described as being for maximum protection.

In the UK Aldi own brand Pull-Ups (Sana) can actually hold one full-on wetting or several smaller wettings, they have leak guards and the padding comes up reasonably high front and back and they’re very cheap.

If you want Pull-Ups there are far better out there than the market leaders.

And yes I have tried Real Fit Maximum (free sample- they are available in the UK) and experienced the same sort of thing as you did. The pad seemed to hold less than a few sheets of toilet paper would.

If it’s a dribble catcher then fine, advertise it as such. “Maximum” is not an accurate description of the absorbency of this product! Thanks

Reactions: Slomo and neophyte
I’ve been using them instead of underwear recently. Only a trained eye would notice when they rise above my pant line. I use a size 7 diaper as a stuffer in them so I know that they will hold at least 1 wetting. But once I’m out I doubt I will buy them again

Bp220 said:
I’ve been using them instead of underwear recently. Only a trained eye would notice when they rise above my pant line. I use a size 7 diaper as a stuffer in them so I know that they will hold at least 1 wetting. But once I’m out I doubt I will buy them again

That's another feature I was looking forward to, even if the diaper does stick out it's still not obvious that you're wearing a diaper.

Last edited:
neophyte said:
I paid the very high price of $25 for 12 diapers
wait, depends are more expensive than rearz?

MissAmy said:
wait, depends are more expensive than rearz?

Well... Wal-Mart doesn't seem to carry these, not the ones I go to at least. 'Shoppers Drug Mart' (Large chain in Canada) has them but I've never seen them go on sale like some of the other adult diapers do, so I gave in and paid $25 and did not use the $5 coupon which was attached to the pack.

Amazon.ca has them for $13.77 Canadian, but I don't want them in my order history, even if archived.

Thanks for the review. I see these in stores all the time and I wondered what they were like, but never enough to buy. I guess Depend will never get their act together if people keep buying them. People are so shy about talking about these things, I think they don't know that they can do better.

I was about to get a pack tomorrow, you just saved me the money, I think I'll grab the Tena brand that's next to it, but I'm worried they will be like granny panties and way too big on me (last experience with Depends was the ones that have tabs to readjust but still have an elastic waistband, those are total crap)

I tried them out a few years ago , I also was not happy with them , the only thing they had going was their appearance ,,, they do look good ... My go to pull up for day use is Sams Brand total protection which are sort of granny panties but can hold two of my full wetting or many small leaks though-out the day ... the real-fit failed at first small wetting for me also.

neophyte said:
Well..Amazon.ca has them for $13.77 Canadian, but I don't want them in my order history, even if archived.
I know what you mean, I actually opened up a second account for orders that I don't want in my history ;)

Humm Depends being terrible. Surprise surprise. I guess the key is maximum protection against what though; little drips and dribbles or heavy incontinence?

Resuable protective underwear with maximum protection. Coming soon!

Attachments

• 20191110_210350.jpg
    20191110_210350.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Was it really a surprise they suck? Lol

Reactions: chamberpot and neophyte
CodyBaby said:
I was about to get a pack tomorrow, you just saved me the money, I think I'll grab the Tena brand that's next to it, but I'm worried they will be like granny panties and way too big on me (last experience with Depends was the ones that have tabs to readjust but still have an elastic waistband, those are total crap)

Well... a few weeks ago when I couldn’t find Real Fit at Walmart I ended up buying Tena pull-ups... hated them too but at least they didn’t leak all over the floor!

I’ve worn and used these a coupe hundred times or more. They’re only good when standing. Sitting they will leak at the front. I wear the L/XL. I get them from Walmart.com in a 52 pack for $56.93. I consider them invisible to all who might notice I’m wearing protection. My bladder is small I would say and I’m usually doing the pee pee dance at 8 - 12 oz. I’ve had only one leak on first pee. A few have leaked when I pushed them beyond what they can do. I wear them with under armour boxer briefs which are snug fitting so that might help.

I don‘t use them much lately because I spend my day trying not to use them except when I might get into a bind. So as I visit the bathroom 10 times a day at work, and keep having to lower and raise the front, it starts to fall apart. I also think people will hear the crinkle in our busy but dead silent bathrooms. It’s too much hassle when I know I can make it to a bathroom.

I’ve used several other pull-ups that failed at a much higher rate, even on first wetting. All were much bulkier but would fail so easily. It’s frustrating.

I do know what real protection is like. In a demanding situation, I would wear a boosted Megamax, and add side boosters at night. I could go 12 hours and output 5 to 6 pounds of urine in that time and not leak. So I know what the Real Fit is. It’s a one shot wonder that works for me. I wish there was something so easy to wear and as comfortable that would have 10x the capacity. To be that thin, I’m afraid it would have to be a pair of footed diaper pants.

I use these regularly and they work great. First, they are not a diaper and they definitely are not designed to handle any significant voids. What they do and do well is to absorb drips and dribbles. They handle minor stress incontinence and minor leaks perfectly. When I need more absorbency but don't want to wear a diaper I combine them with a depend guard. I don't remove the adhesive cover so that the guard can be easily changed. Walmart carries the Depend Real Fit (12) and the cost is $11.97. There are other pull-ups on the market and I have tried a number of them. These are the only ones that fit me comfortably and stay up. No, they are not perfect but for the cost, bulk and design they work well.

You know, I’m glad to hear they do at least work for some folks.

Lol, real fit are neither diapers nor have maximun absorbency. Depends also has a long running track record of ignoring feedback from their customers. It's no wonder they went from being an industry leader to laughing stock.

Back