FedEx Hold at Location (i.e. Pickup at Walgreens, Krogers, Etc...)

NorthShoreAdam

Rep for NorthShore
Company Rep
Role
  1. Other
I wondered if anyone had feedback on how using the FedEx option on the NorthShore website to pickup orders at a FedEx site, or Walgreens, etc... is working out?

Do deliveries take more or less time? Any other comments or suggestions?

If you like the service, what are the main reasons you use this?

We are meeting with the FedEx team in charge of the pickup feature and they asked us for some feedback since we are one of the early companies that integrated this on our website.

Much appreciated!
Adam

Feel free to DM me if want to share private thoughts too.

Hi Adam,

I have my North Shore packages delivered to FedEx and I love it. My primary reason has to do with discretion. The packages arrive fast and if I am keeping up with delivery notices I pick them up the same day. Couldn't be happier with the service! Snooky

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam
Snooky said:
Hi Adam,

I have my North Shore packages delivered to FedEx and I love it. My primary reason has to do with discretion. The packages arrive fast and if I am keeping up with delivery notices I pick them up the same day. Couldn't be happier with the service! Snooky

Thanks so much for your feedback. Glad to hear it's working out well for you.

For the most part is has worked out very well but I have encountered an issue several times though where the person at Walgreens responsible for receiving FedEx deliveries gets lazy and does not check in the packages as they arrive, so consequently the shipping status is never updated from "out for delivery" to "delivered". It just goes straight from "out for delivery" to "picked up by customer". I have tried complaining about this but the Walgreens staff clearly don't give a shit.

Sorry about that. We'll pass along this feedback to Fedex.

I use the FedEx pickup option at Walgreens. The delivery is very fast and I receive a notification as soon as it arrives. Once the package gets to the local distribution hub, it seems to go straight to the Walgreens. Home delivery would probably be a few hours later. I have had no issues.

I am a DL and my kids don’t know, so I feel safer not having them delivered to my house.

I was so happy when I saw you had this option and your website makes it very easy to select a location. Great feature!

I did it once by accident and it worked great from Northshore.

FedEx is great although when i use it I like to provide delivery directions I can't seem to do that unless i sign up for FedEx delivery manager which is separate from a free fed ex account which is really inconvenient, so if i wanted to hold my pickup at a Walgreens I cant do that.

Dear Adam.

I mostly use XP Medical (sorry free shipping is really a deciding factor) but I have used Northshore multiple times with Fed Ex hold at Fed Ex location multiple times. It is absolutely perfect.

1. Privacy! No neighbors or parents to worry about at all. In the trunk of my car straight to my garage the packages go. Nobody sees anything at all.

2. Theft. No worrying about porch pirates stealing your diapers and having to deal with police and diaper reports. No refunds for stolen packages. I have never had to return a order for about five years due to the Hold At Location Feature or any kind of shipping or order problem. Everything always goes 100% correct.

3. Fed Ex. I only ever use Fed Ex for Hold At Location. Their employees are great. Let's be real, the packages are huge! The packages are heavy! I pick up these huge and heavy packages constantly. They remember me. Fed Ex employees have never ever so much have smirked at me for picking up 50 pounds of diapers in two seperate huge boxes. I don't know what information they see on their computer screens when I'm picking up an order but I wonder how much they know that the packages are adult diapers. They aren't stupid and I think they might know even though it is all discretely shipped like advertised and has never not been discrete.

4. Amazon. I have been ordering from Amazon lately because they stock ABDL diapers that are fulfilled by third party companies. I really don't trust Amazon to ship discretely. They always have but I'm waiting for the day that they ship Little For Big Baby Cuties Adult ABDL diapers in a plastic bag for my whole neighborhood to see. The last box I got from them the tape on the box was cut open all the way down the middle and it made me feel very paranoid as to why that happened. Amazon is a huge company and small mistakes are likely to happen. I would have much more trust in Northshore or XP Medical to ship discretely than Amazon.

Adam I think you have a great company with great customer service. I've never had an issue with your company over the years. The thing is I'm cheap and free shipping and selection is what stops me from using your website most of the time. I understand that it may not be financially feasible to offer free shipping or it may not be a wise business decision to stock and advertise the newest Little For Big or Tykables ultra baby adult diaper 9000. You have to do what is best for your business. However if you want to be competitive with companies as big as Amazon or as reliable as XP Medical you have to match their capabilities or be able to offer something different and equal in value to their services. XP Medical sends physical mail advertising adult diapers which is a major faux pas which is something your company has never done that is greatly appreciated. XP Medical has also offered 10% off cases for life (taken with a grain of salt considering chances of anything happening with the company).

Your ship to Fed Ex Location is greatly appreciated and should be permanent I just feel like you have to make your mark with something that makes you stand out from the rest besides your companies excellent operation of all areas.

P.S. Your Buy One Get 50% off from a couple years ago was amazing! I know that you probably lost money on that one but goddamn I respond to sales.

Reactions: Abena860 and NorthShoreAdam
I am grateful for the service. I have my packages delivered to a fed ex location. I've never had them delivered to my house, so it is a perfect set up for me. My last order arrived a day ahead of schedule which was great!

It has worked wonders for me because one I live in apartaments and 2 I dont want anyone else to received my package of diapers so I can go in my time and sneak them in too lol Best thing ever!!!

I just used this option last week! Works great and was there at Walgreens the next day. I don't have it shipped home, because I like to be discreet. I have used this option twice, and both times have been fast and easy

So you just ask any Walgreens employees and they will run to the back to retrieve your package?

qwertyqwerty said:
So you just ask any Walgreens employees and they will run to the back to retrieve your package?
The Walgreens I go to has a FedEx ship to store cabinet right upfront. I just tell them I'm there for a pickup, show them my ID, sign for it, and out the door.

qwertyqwerty said:
My Walgreens has it back at the same counter they use for photo printing and other services. Show them ID and/or shipping confirmation on my phone.

GabeG25 said:
FedEx is great although when i use it I like to provide delivery directions I can't seem to do that unless i sign up for FedEx delivery manager which is separate from a free fed ex account which is really inconvenient, so if i wanted to hold my pickup at a Walgreens I cant do that.

FedEx Delivery Manager at fedex.com/delivery is mostly free. You can have packages held for pickup for no extra charge. There are extra fees for a few things like specifying a certain time for delivery.

Additionally, you can now select a FedEx pikcup location right on NorthShore.com so you don't need to use Delivery Manager for that. We have this option right in checkout so it's pretty easy to test out.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
I’ve used the hold at FedEx/Kinkos a few times. A neat feature where you don’t have to worry about the shipment going to the wrong house or getting stolen off the porch. Can’t imagine the thieves’ mind when they open it. Wonder if they’ll become DL ;-)

One problem-When the shipment arrives to the fedex/kinkos shop, the tracking site notifies you the shipment has been changed to pick up the next day and then 30 minutes later, it changes the status to “Ready for Pickup”. Not sure why it does that.

NorthShoreAdam said:
I wondered if anyone had feedback on how using the FedEx option on the NorthShore website to pickup orders at a FedEx site, or Walgreens, etc... is working out?

Do deliveries take more or less time? Any other comments or suggestions?

If you like the service, what are the main reasons you use this?

We are meeting with the FedEx team in charge of the pickup feature and they asked us for some feedback since we are one of the early companies that integrated this on our website.

Much appreciated!
Adam

Feel free to DM me if want to share private thoughts too.

Adam, I love your company and like others have said, the FedEx pickup is an invaluable service for me. I'm not always home and I live at an apartment complex so deliveries are complicated business.

Like @abdlboy89 says, the only thing that holds me back is the lack of free shipping on cases. Being in the Rocky Mountains, shipping for me is around $14 so it always is a consideration for me. There is one product that stands out and above from you, the MegaMax. They are unequaled in my opinion, but I always hesitate to order with as much frequency as I would like and often times opt for other options from other companies with free shipping.

Other than that, I have never run into a problem with you guys, and I've never had better customer service, and I feel like I always have something happen on my end leaving you working to fix it. That's why I'm never afraid to order from NorthShore, it's just when I have the budget to shell out extra for shipping.

Hi Adam,

I feel very similar to Yoooo. Shipping costs keep haunting :) Other than the shipping issue, without reservation NorthShore is the best.

Other vendors often offer less expensive pricing...i.e. Abena w/shipping costs included; the difference can be $18. in a single purchase. If you can acknowledge this and help some it would sure make it easier to fully continue with NorthShore.

Recently, NorthShore offered a $5. credit to apply towards shipping and that helped. Have a great day!

jamiejamie said:
One problem-When the shipment arrives to the fedex/kinkos shop, the tracking site notifies you the shipment has been changed to pick up the next day and then 30 minutes later, it changes the status to “Ready for Pickup”. Not sure why it does that.

I have encountered this as well. The tracking status does not change to "Ready for Pickup" until the package has been checked in by an employee at the FedEx/Walgreens pickup site. If there is a delay in the package being checked in after it has been delivered to the site, the tracking status does not change from "Out for Delivery" and the delivery estimate actually changes to the next day if the status hasn't been updated by a certain time, even if in actuality it has already been delivered but just not checked in by the pickup site.

Back