Ultrasound and Retention

WoodenBelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Only I got, besides massive pain in my bladder area, hips and lower back from holding in my urine for so long to do the ultrasound, was that I had 900ml when I did the US, when I came back I was around 300ml..

Good god I was in so much pain, felt like I got hit with a steel chair in the back. Lower stomach and sides hurt like hell all night and had a massive BW that night, but I was prepared for it.

Ugh

WoodenBelly said:
Only I got, besides massive pain in my bladder area, hips and lower back from holding in my urine for so long to do the ultrasound, was that I had 900ml when I did the US, when I came back I was around 300ml..

Good god I was in so much pain, felt like I got hit with a steel chair in the back. Lower stomach and sides hurt like hell all night and had a massive BW that night, but I was prepared for it.

Ugh
I had even worse at the ER 5 years ago.
The day after urethrotomy (removal of scar tissue in urethra and bladder neck) I could barely void, had to apply so much pressure it was rediculous.
I went to the ER, they drained it with an intermittent catheter, saw no unusual debris that could block it, so they said "here, drink a whole bottle of water, we need an ultrasound of a full bladder to see whats wrong"......
They had another emergency patient coming in who was in dire need of care, and due to understaffing it took them like 6 hours before they got back to me.
My bladder was heavily distented and overstretched, I was in shock from the pain and even though I would not even have cared if I had flooded the place there I just couldn't, when they took the US the person looked really shocked and said "Oh god...that looks reaaaally full"
When he was done I rushed off to the nearest toilet but again only a few drops per second got out, I got a bilateral inguinal hernia from pusing everything out so hard, just to hear the doctor say "we don't know what"s wrong other than that we call this acute atonic (or toneless) bladder, they prescribed me Myocholine-Glenwood 10 mg which was not covered by insurance and not proven to work either, but after a couple of days I could go again luckily...
But this pain? never again! It felt like every nerve in my bladder was being acupunctured with a microneedle and twisted for evillness :s

• Wow
Reactions: WoodenBelly
winterheart01 said:
I had even worse at the ER 5 years ago.
The day after urethrotomy (removal of scar tissue in urethra and bladder neck) I could barely void, had to apply so much pressure it was rediculous.
I went to the ER, they drained it with an intermittent catheter, saw no unusual debris that could block it, so they said "here, drink a whole bottle of water, we need an ultrasound of a full bladder to see whats wrong"......
They had another emergency patient coming in who was in dire need of care, and due to understaffing it took them like 6 hours before they got back to me.
My bladder was heavily distented and overstretched, I was in shock from the pain and even though I would not even have cared if I had flooded the place there I just couldn't, when they took the US the person looked really shocked and said "Oh god...that looks reaaaally full"
When he was done I rushed off to the nearest toilet but again only a few drops per second got out, I got a bilateral inguinal hernia from pusing everything out so hard, just to hear the doctor say "we don't know what"s wrong other than that we call this acute atonic (or toneless) bladder, they prescribed me Myocholine-Glenwood 10 mg which was not covered by insurance and not proven to work either, but after a couple of days I could go again luckily...
But this pain? never again! It felt like every nerve in my bladder was being acupunctured with a microneedle and twisted for evillness :s
That’s horrible!

I remember in boot camp having to pee so bad my dick was spasming, soon as they let me go I got hazed in the sand for leaving class. I don’t know how I didn’t just burst then and there..

I remember standing in formation and a Sr DI came up and asked if I was okay, I explained it and he let me thank god run to a porter shitter.

WoodenBelly said:
when I came back I was around 300ml.
I got ultrasounds multiple times when I was seeing the urologist regularly, was always 303, 308, 320, etc. Always right around 300mL of retention. I apparently was holding up to 1300mL and only starting to get a sensation I had to go around 800mL. They said I had "reduced sensation" but weren't able to find anything in various types of imagery. I (guess?) I'm fortunate as the capacity tests didn't particularly hurt me either, just felt a tightness down there.

I should go again and have them try to figure out a little better what's going on, but I just don't like them poking around down there so much, only to come up with nothing but shrugs.

Back