How many of you would buy upsized goodnites?

Would you buy upsized goodnites alongside other diapers if they were available?

• Yes, I'd love to get some upsized goodnites!

Votes: 92 85.2%
  • No thanks! I'd rather spend my money on some proper diapers.

Votes: 16 14.8%

• Total voters
CodyBaby said:
They discontinued their XL size awhile ago because it was in direct competition to their crappy adult products, they didn't want their market to overlap, between crappy IC products (not all are crap, but most done by KC which makes Goodnites are very crappy adult products) that are made to be extremely bad and good baby/kids products that are made to keep the child or baby dry at night, they felt the need to make sure most adults wouldn't use Goodnites instead of what was offered for them. Its a simple marketing decision, they don't give a damn that a larger size of goodnites would be appreciated, they would overlap with the IC product lines which they don't want to mix, they will never produce any adult products with SAP (its what makes baby diapers and Goodnites very absorbent) because SAP cause swelling of the product which IC people with good reasons don't want to happen cause it would make their product visible. Yes there's a couple of companies that use SAP in adult diapers, but they are sold at a premium price and you won't find them at your local drugstore or supermarket. Would I buy them, yes for sure, the L/XL size still fits me, but a larger size would be more comfortable for sure.
Thanks for the extra detail, I also fit into the L/XL goodnites, though it's perhaps more fitting to say that I can put them on.

I am with several others here, if they were big enough for me to wear (comfortably) I would absolutely switch to them as my daily underwear. Though I would absolutely still wear diapers when I was home/away from work.

When I was in middle school I bought a few packages of them (over the years) and would wear them to school occasionally because how unobtrusive they were.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Lewis Badger
Last edited:
SteamPunk said:
For anyone interested, there is a guy on ebay who custom tailors goodnites to fit larger sizes like 100-200 lbs. His name is diaperloving. I've never bought from him but other people say he is reputable.
Goodnites Boys
Goodnites Girls
All other products he sells
I've seen his product before and I'm not sure how legit it is, I think it's just the standard goodnites with extended elastics, though I'm quite impressed with the range of designs he has.

This is something I've looked into in the past. I considered having them made and starting a new business around it. However, after researching it for longer than I care to admit, I found that the variance of adult bodies makes upsizing GoodNites infeasible.

In toddler sizes, the difference between Medium and Large isn't much at all. The stretchy material used in GoodNites only stretches so far. To create a product line that fit most adults, it wouldn't be Small, Medium, Large and XL. You would need at least a dozen steps in sizing to cover the majority of body types/sizes. That's not feasible. Adult pullups look like "granny panties", because they have to find a way to allow them more stretch.

I wouldn’t, but if they came out with the tru fit inserts for adult diapers, I’d buy cases of them.

mayhem said:
I wouldn’t, but if they came out with the tru fit inserts for adult diapers, I’d buy cases of them.

Those were awesome, but parents found a dirty trick to save on the expensive inserts, they quickly realized they could fit a size 4 or size 5 baby diaper in the insert pocket of the True-Fit underwear and that it did a really good job at keeping kids dry without the additional expense of the true-fit inserts, child doesn't see the baby diaper inside so they had no problems stepping into the Goodnites True-Fit underwear.

CodyBaby said:
Those were awesome, but parents found a dirty trick to save on the expensive inserts, they quickly realized they could fit a size 4 or size 5 baby diaper in the insert pocket of the True-Fit underwear and that it did a really good job at keeping kids dry without the additional expense of the true-fit inserts, child doesn't see the baby diaper inside so they had no problems stepping into the Goodnites True-Fit underwear.

Before my incontinence became worse than it was, I was using attends with waistband and a tru fit insert and had no problems. I'd buy the tru fit refills when they were buy one get one and use coupons and save a ton of money. I also bought all that I could when they were selling out of them.

Lewis Badger said:
I've seen his product before and I'm not sure how legit it is, I think it's just the standard goodnites with extended elastics, though I'm quite impressed with the range of designs he has.
Yea when I saw it I was like wow someone out here actually doing this. And yea he literally says "require the stretchy siding from several diapers to make just one" so he is pretty much using and extended waistband, the absorbency of it will still be the same to the original diaper if not worse since its not really made for that kind of weight.

I would absolutely love some upsized Goodnites! They don't really fit me, I can cover the front and almost all the back, but can't get them to go up all the way, usually just use them as a stuffer, but still comfy, and surprisingly hold more than what I thought. I wouldn't completely switch to them, but I would wear a lot more often and always have a case. I unfortunately don't see it happening though :(

I think it would be a good idea for them to produce a larger size, considering the overwhelming number of parents requesting them in their reviews because they have a strong brand loyalty with a good product and don't want to put their kids in the crap products KC makes for adults. I would like to see them rebrand the sizes a bit like what Depends did: Keep XS as the smallest, consolidate the S-M as just S, this would make L-XL the new M, and open up two more size slots for a new L and XL that could be targeted to older kids/teens or young/small adults. They'd probably have to go with super basic prints. Would like to see an ABDL company copy the old Goodnites design and make their own, or if Northshore could, that would be awesome. Personally, being quite thin, I don't think I would need to buy upsized, L-XL works and fits perfectly for my needs.

SteamPunk said:
Yea when I saw it I was like wow someone out here actually doing this. And yea he literally says "require the stretchy siding from several diapers to make just one" so he is pretty much using and extended waistband, the absorbency of it will still be the same to the original diaper if not worse since its not really made for that kind of weight.
I totally agree, plus for me it's not so much getting it to fit around my waist as I'd really prefer it if it goes further up the front and back., and slightly wider.

I guess I'm in the 'it fits' category.

N
JWolf said:
I would absolutely love some upsized Goodnites! They don't really fit me, I can cover the front and almost all the back, but can't get them to go up all the way, usually just use them as a stuffer, but still comfy, and surprisingly hold more than what I thought. I wouldn't completely switch to them, but I would wear a lot more often and always have a case. I unfortunately don't see it happening though :(
Neither do I, though hopefully an ABDL company might do that as some point.

FudgedInLuvs said:
I think it would be a good idea for them to produce a larger size, considering the overwhelming number of parents requesting them in their reviews because they have a strong brand loyalty with a good product and don't want to put their kids in the crap products KC makes for adults. I would like to see them rebrand the sizes a bit like what Depends did: Keep XS as the smallest, consolidate the S-M as just S, this would make L-XL the new M, and open up two more size slots for a new L and XL that could be targeted to older kids/teens or young/small adults. They'd probably have to go with super basic prints. Would like to see an ABDL company copy the old Goodnites design and make their own, or if Northshore could, that would be awesome. Personally, being quite thin, I don't think I would need to buy upsized, L-XL works and fits perfectly for my needs.

I think it's very doubtful that KC would make larger goodnites themselves, and to be frank, the prints is one of the draw, if they make a larger plainer one I'd have a hard time deciding which one to go for.

I am slim enough to fit into goodnites too, trouble is it has quite a low rise, another inch or two in every direction would be amazing.

MrWashington said:
This is something I've looked into in the past. I considered having them made and starting a new business around it. However, after researching it for longer than I care to admit, I found that the variance of adult bodies makes upsizing GoodNites infeasible.

In toddler sizes, the difference between Medium and Large isn't much at all. The stretchy material used in GoodNites only stretches so far. To create a product line that fit most adults, it wouldn't be Small, Medium, Large and XL. You would need at least a dozen steps in sizing to cover the majority of body types/sizes. That's not feasible. Adult pullups look like "granny panties", because they have to find a way to allow them more stretch.
thing is, you'd be supplying to a leisure market, not a medical one where you need to aim to accommodate everyone, just a broad enough range to make a profit, also, the are pull ups for adults that doesn't appear to need to many sizes, they're just very boring.

Lewis Badger said:
thing is, you'd be supplying to a leisure market, not a medical one where you need to aim to accommodate everyone, just a broad enough range to make a profit, also, the are pull ups for adults that doesn't appear to need to many sizes, they're just very boring.

The reason adult pullups don't need a wide range of sizes is because they have those weird loose fitting elastic sides. The type of elastic used in actual Goodnites stretches well, but not far enough to encompass the standard size differences between small/medium/large/etc.

I think goodnites are extremely cute, I would love to get those girly butterfly ones, if they are big enough for me.

The xl already fit pretty good but an upsize that was taller would be perfect!

Back