Pokemon Sword and Shield Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What do all of you think about Pokemon Sword and Shield from what is known so far?

The only thing I hate is their "not all Pokemon will be able to be transferred into the game"

Sure not all Pokemon are native to all regions, that is to be expected

But to say you have 850 Pokemon and 150 wont be able to go to the new game at all?

Furthermore if you want to transfer them they will be stuck in the PC Storage system online until a game comes along that they will be able to be transferred to

Other than that, I do think the "Giant Battling" could be a cool feature

and I am excited to see what they hold and I will probably at least buy Sword, if not both depending on what happens with the whole Pokedex thing and not being able to have all the Pokemon transferred over

Personally I think they should have done the regional pokédex only, with only the pokémon you can catch in the wild, with the rest of them coming in a free DLC for the Pokédex. But generally I am of the opinion that they should have handled this far better.

SgtOddball said:
Personally I think they should have done the regional pokédex only, with only the pokémon you can catch in the wild, with the rest of them coming in a free DLC for the Pokédex. But generally I am of the opinion that they should have handled this far better.

I would support something like that where you may not start with being able to have all Pokemon, but they would expand it later on

I also would prefer to have the Data for all Pokemon in the game itself (like how it was for like 15 years?) , not only data on New Pokemon and no National PokeDex in the game

BabyTyrant said:
I would support something like that where you may not start with being able to have all Pokemon, but they would expand it later on

I also would prefer to have the Data for all Pokemon in the game itself (like how it was for like 15 years?) , not only data on New Pokemon and no National PokeDex in the game
Nothing is stopping them though in making the Regional Pokédex in the base game and the National Pokédex as a free DLC.

SgtOddball said:
Nothing is stopping them though in making the Regional Pokédex in the base game and the National Pokédex as a free DLC.

Yeah, and I would also like the National PokeDex in the game itself because I like seeing the data pop up when you catch something new and to see the number expand as you catch and evolve more things

For that data to be online only for the National Dex is strange and just doesn't feel right to me

It's sad, but they still seem intent on limiting the amount of Pokemon in Sword and Shield, hopefully they have decided to cut back on the least popular Pokemon (even though that would still suck because then you cant have a full PokeDex)

I haven't followed Pokémon since BW. I didn't like the direction the visual styles and designs in general went, but, at one point at least, knew the entire Pokédex through BW

Even though I have them on pre-order I still can't help but feel their excuse for not including the complete national dex is appauling. It's a new platform where it can contain all pokemon and their animations. With the return on investment quite high for the pokemon titles one would think that it would be acceptable to have a budget which would incorporate all existing pokemon.

It's just laziness, perhaps due to deadlines, perhaps due to cost saving. But it isn't sitting well with the majority of pokemon fans.

BabyRxn said:
Even though I have them on pre-order I still can't help but feel their excuse for not including the complete national dex is appauling. It's a new platform where it can contain all pokemon and their animations. With the return on investment quite high for the pokemon titles one would think that it would be acceptable to have a budget which would incorporate all existing pokemon.

It's just laziness, perhaps due to deadlines, perhaps due to cost saving. But it isn't sitting well with the majority of pokemon fans.

It is Laziness, I know they do have deadlines because it's not just a game series, Pokemon is basically an empire

Along with a new game series comes a new TCG set, a new Cartoon Season, new merchandise, and so on

The game series not being out on time means everything suffers

So what they should have done is started sooner or used some money to pay for more staff members

I know it's not cheap, easy, or fast

But we are talking about Pokemon, a $90 Billion Franchise

The game part alone is estimated to be worth somewhere around 16 Billion (or so I heard) with that kind of money, there is no excuse for not including all the Pokemon

Especially since these games are gonna be 50% more expensive than normal (HandHeld games typically release at $40 at the most, instead of $60 like Sword and Shield are gonna cost)

I have been reading up and watching videos and it seems to come down to GameFreak feeling like they are slipping in Importance to The Pokemon Company

They feel threatened by Niantic and the success of Pokemon Go, which apparently makes $1 billion per year, and that's all optional $ (nobody has to spend money on Pokemon Go)

So their response is essentially to divide their teams and put Team B or Team 2 on Pokemon, with the priority team working on something else that they are hoping is gonna be as successful as Pokemon

We know it's a foolish endeavor, their most successful non-pokemon game sold less than 50% the amount of copies as their least successful Pokemon game

If anything they are wrecking themselves by forsaking Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back