Curious about how this would work

BirdCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I'm not a furry and I don't really know anything about furries/babyfurs/diaperfurs aside from the fact that your characters are animals or animal-like. That in mind I figured this would be the best place to ask this question.
So, I had a random thought today wondering "How would diapers work with tails?" because thinking about it a tail would be just above the bum and diapers tend to cover that area and part of the back, so how would a diaper be worn with a tail? You could probably make a hole for thinner tails that are cat-like or monkey-like but what about thicker tails, like more reptilian tails? How would it work without just making diapers specifically with tails in mind?

Last edited:
Most artists resolve it either with tails through a hole in the diaper or they have a third tape in the back that secures the gap with the tail hole in the diaper.

Reactions: FeliDaKitten
Trevor said:
Most artists resolve it either with tails through a hole in the diaper or they have a third tape in the back that secures the gap with the tail hole in the diaper.
Ok, but I'm asking about how it would actually be done, realistically speaking.

BirdCat said:
Ok, but I'm asking about how it would actually be done, realistically speaking.
I think the taped flap over the gap is as realistic an answer as you're likely to see. Just poking a tail through a hole would only work for certain types of tails and doesn't seem a very robust solution. Having that third tape in the back seems to me to be a reasonable answer.

Trevor said:
I think the taped flap over the gap is as realistic an answer as you're likely to see. Just poking a tail through a hole would only work for certain types of tails and doesn't seem a very robust solution. Having that third tape in the back seems to me to be a reasonable answer.
DanielW said:
I've seen people cut tail-holes in disposable diapers and seal the edges with tape. I've also seen dog diapers adapted for large dog sized humans.(dog diapers are worn backwards)
Those consider diapers made specifically with tails in mind when the question included "How would it work without just making diapers specifically with tails in mind?". I know there are people with tails out there but it is not like I can just go ask one of them "so how did your parents handle diapering you when you were a baby?"

BirdCat said:
Those consider diapers made specifically with tails in mind when the question included "How would it work without just making diapers specifically with tails in mind?". I know there are people with tails out there but it is not like I can just go ask one of them "so how did your parents handle diapering you when you were a baby?"
Sorry, I missed your final sentence in the original post. I don't think it does work without making diapers that are specially made for tails.

I don't think it could work without making diapers with tails in mind.

I could see stubby tailed creatures, like bears and bunnies, getting away without a 'tail slot', but not anything with a longer tail.

I've always solved all the clothing issues with that third 'notch'. IE: in my characters' clothing there's an extra flap that opens to allow their tail to go through.

The only other two options besides cutting the diaper would be to:

A: Tuck the tail between the legs. Which would be unsanitary and gross. (Pee/etc all over the fur/skin and generally being uncomfortable.)

or

B: Having the back of the diaper pulled down slightly to allow the tail to come out over the top of the waistband. (Also not ideal as poo would likely miss the padding. Animals buttholes are pretty close to the base of their tails!)

Reactions: rennecfox
ive always seen people do what was already said with there being a third tape on the back where the tail can thread through

Back