New ABU Diaper!

I vaguely remember someone saying something about them getting in trouble for using the print?

But I'm not 100% certain about it.

bambinod said:
ABU and Rearz both have made "replica" diapers, and in both cases they are adult construction with an old baby diaper pattern on them. You can't just scale up a baby diaper and have it fit an adult properly, and that diaper back then was using old technology and ideas and didn't have most of what we'd refer to as "premium" or even standard features. They're going to get a lot less interest in selling a diaper that is 100% accurate look but only 20% of the performance of other available models. MOST people want a functional diaper, in addition to one that looks the way they want it to look. The manufacturers are just trying to strike a good balance between authentic looks and good function.

That being said, I'd like to see Rearz go ahead and combine their Vintage Replica with their Inspire Select. Vintage Replica was an inspire with an old Pampers print on the tape panel, and Inspire Select was an inspire with single wide tapes. Combining these to make a new Vintage Replica that was Pampers print with single wide tapes would be even better. The only area for improvement would be to increase capacity beyond the (still fairly good) inspire. So if they were going to do this, I'd suggest basing it on Inspire InControl, which is a higher capacity inspire. (basically a Safari) THEN we'd have Pampers print, single wide tapes, AND high capacity. I really don't see how they could improve on that, it would be the best AB diaper on the market.

Anything they did with that to try to make it "more authentic" would do so much more damage to the performance of the diaper as to make it not worth it. Even IF doing things like removing waist elastic or leak guards did make it "more authentic", paying a lot for a leaky, uncomfortable, poor-fitting diaper would be a serious buzz-kill.

I actually do like the idea of a Rearz Vintage Replica taping panel on an Inspire Select chassis. It would make for a very pleasant look, and it would also be highly competitive with the ABUniverse SDK. My hope would be that the graphics wouldn't be in direct conflict with the ABUniverse product.

I have a half case left of the rearz inspire 1 tape per side diapers left, these are really nice, they are pretty much the same thing as the abu sdk except the tapes on the inspire are a little shorter, about the same width though and the length of the inspire is longer (key great feature) then the abu sdk, so you get that optimum back rise (like old baby diapers) and the front tapes line up dead center on the front taping panel.
If anyone is interested I can create a separate thread with pics comparing the 2 diapers later this evening.

Venesha said:
I think they really need to take a look at their inventory and retire some of their weaker selling products.

ABU is having a "snail sale", their small and xl products that aren't moving fast enough are on sale. I suppose that's one way to keep product moving through your warehouse?

CuddleWoozle said:
I vaguely remember someone saying something about them getting in trouble for using the print?

AFAIK they bought the rights or it lapsted into public domain. Same with ABU's SuperDry Kids print, it's an old Pampers pattern.

Honeywell6180 said:
I actually do like the idea of a Rearz Vintage Replica taping panel on an Inspire Select chassis. It would make for a very pleasant look, and it would also be highly competitive with the ABUniverse SDK. My hope would be that the graphics wouldn't be in direct conflict with the ABUniverse product.

Rearz Vintage Replica and ABU SDK are both using an old Pampers print, but they're different prints. I was able to find the actual old diaper prints from one of the old diaper pattern dumps (from Pamperchu) posted here last year.

Rearz Vintage Replica is a 100% authentic Pampers Baby Dry (1994):

ABU SDK is a modified Pampers Baby Dry (1998):

The Inspire Select is based on the Inspire, not the Inspire+InControl, and so capacity would be around the same. If they went with the Inspire+InControl padding, the Inspire Select single tapes, and used the Vintage pattern, that'd be a high capacity, single tape, premium elastic and leak guard, authentic print diaper. You just can't ask for more in a replica diaper.

• Love
Reactions: RetroGamerGuy, babybobby and Honeywell6180
sadly its gone gone gone...gone forever....though i am REALLY interested in that ABU Bunny diaper....i wish we could pre-order lol its gonna be sold out the first week and we wont see another shipment for like 8 months later like peekABU

RetroGamerGuy said:
sadly its gone gone gone...gone forever....though i am REALLY interested in that ABU Bunny diaper....i wish we could pre-order lol its gonna be sold out the first week and we wont see another shipment for like 8 months later like peekABU
I hope the Dino ones won’t be the same story.

RetroGamerGuy said:

I still have ONE bag of Vintage Replica left :) Wish I had bought more than just that one case way back when...

They may yet bring it back for a single run at some point in the future. They've got the pattern set up and ready, all they have to do is make a call, there's no R&D involved. (unless they want to try my suggestion, in which case it's just a matter of re-combining elements that they already have available)

Last edited:
So when are the new Diaps supposed to launch from ABU?

Summer 2019 was all that was given. They didn’t say as to when in the summer, but odds are probably later in the summer, if not fall.

Honestly this is exciting also if they cancelled one brand in my opinion it should be space as no one cares for it for a good reason

Reactions: Honeywell6180
KonekoKiwi said:
Honestly this is exciting also if they cancelled one brand in my opinion it should be space as no one cares for it for a good reason
I'm curious as to what you mean with "no one cares for it for a good reason"

Reactions: TyphaHare
Sheepies said:
I'm curious as to what you mean with "no one cares for it for a good reason"
Honestly as who would wear a diaper with rocks in space opposed to animals it just might be they haven’t worked for me or different interests and preferences

KonekoKiwi said:
Honestly as who would wear a diaper with rocks in space opposed to animals it just might be they haven’t worked for me or different interests and preferences
Though I will say I am not personally a fan of the Space’s design, functionally it still is a great diaper. I think it’s just a case of the actual product not coming out like they had envisioned with the original concept, much like you see in the automotive world. I think if they tweaked the design of it, it would appeal to more people.

PaddedBrony said:
Though I will say I am not personally a fan of the Space’s design, functionally it still is a great diaper. I think it’s just a case of the actual product not coming out like they had envisioned with the original concept, much like you see in the automotive world. I think if they tweaked the design of it, it would appeal to more people.
Honestly I agree but as well space has leaked a few times for me 3: yikes

KonekoKiwi said:
Honestly I agree but as well space has leaked a few times for me 3: yikes
It might just not be the right cut or diaper for you. Truthfully, I wear LittlePawz, its sister diaper, all the time and I’ve never had an issue. What works for one does not work for all.

I personally love the PeekABUs the most, but several other ABU Diapers follow closely behind for different reasons (I like Little Pawz for the colors and prints, dont care for Space because the print doesn't appeal to me; love Kiddos for the 2 Tapes design instead of 4)

The Dinosaur one coming out sounds really good to me because it sounds like a 2 Tape version of PeekABU with a Dino print which is a pretty rare thing in the ABDL Diaper market

I also think it might be insanely popular with many others

BabyTyrant said:
I personally love the PeekABUs the most, but several other ABU Diapers follow closely behind for different reasons (I like Little Pawz for the colors and prints, dont care for Space because the print doesn't appeal to me; love Kiddos for the 2 Tapes design instead of 4)

The Dinosaur one coming out sounds really good to me because it sounds like a 2 Tape version of PeekABU with a Dino print which is a pretty rare thing in the ABDL Diaper market

I also think it might be insanely popular with many others
I agree

KonekoKiwi said:
I definitely prefer animals to space but will say I like the space's design. Not my favorite and I don't like aliens that much, but I'm curious to try it still, that's just my opinion though I totally get it's not a very popular diaper in comparison so little pawz which I have tried too

Back