Anybody Notice

tobid03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
They seem to be making Paw Patrol things for older and older kids even though it’s a preschool show. For example, I got this Paw Patrol swimsuit a few months ago and it goes up to size large 12-14!

I also got this Paw Patrol t-shirt on the way and it goes up to size 2XL 18-20! (Probably ignore the size chart on the page. It’s an adult size chart and I think it’s supposed to be a kid’s size chart. I’ll update if I’m wrong.)

It seems like they’re making little kid stuff for big kids more and more. I also have this and this underwear from Carter’s, yes Carter’s the baby clothing company, on the way and it goes up to size 14 when they’re in stock.

What to tickles me with these kinds of listings is that a lot of the time they mention things like “Your little guy...” or it’s categorized under the toddler or little boy section which is quite appropriate for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShAd0w10 and LittlestLilly
I am not being ugly at all, so please don't take this as such.

Downs Syndrome and special needs kid market is pretty huge. As well as the autistic child market. They have the sizes because these populations get bigger but don't age mentally/socially mature the same as other children.

Add to that kids are getting bigger and childhood obesity is at an all time high in the USA and there you go.

Of all the things I have to watch with my grandkids, the Paw Patrol has to be the WORST show I've ever seen.

willnotwill said:
Of all the things I have to watch with my grandkids, the Paw Patrol has to be the WORST show I've ever seen.
no there is much worse
Caiou for example

willnotwill said:
Believe me you are lucky then, could be a Thomas the Tank Engine fan... how those train's faces don't traumatize toddlers is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: SleepyBunny
With each passing decade childish things become more acceptable for older groups.

Preschool shows have more complex characters and story lines than they use to. Some kids in late elementary school are still watching.

Perhaps the viewer is fond of the show or nastagic. Look at seaseme street they have merchandise ranging into past middle age for that vary reason.

If you're hoping to see preschool stuff for adults in the mainstream don't hold your breath. Adult babies and littles may vary well be growing in population but it will never be that common place.

willnotwill said:
So I'm gonna ask if it was a hard decision to rank out paw patrol as #1? Cause I feel like teletubbies are worse to have to watch. Barney is pretty horrible as well.

I play Mr. Roger's neighborhood and Disney stuff. Sometimes peewees playhouse.

daddyconnor said:
So I'm gonna ask if it was a hard decision to rank out paw patrol as #1? Cause I feel like teletubbies are worse to have to watch. Barney is pretty horrible as well.

I play Mr. Roger's neighborhood and Disney stuff. Sometimes peewees playhouse.
I will always stick with Caiou being the worst show that teaches children its ok to be a whinny brat

blogbaby said:
no there is much worse
Caiou for example

Haha....I used to turn on Caiou just to bug my wife. We'd laugh about how annoying it was. Maybe if Caiou had hair?

Caillou is rightfully upset, because most people spell his name wrong. Well, he's French Canadian. I like the way it's animated, and I'm picky. How can anyone not like the original Thomas The Tank Engine, and Theodore Tugboat? At least they weren't flat! If you'd have been on set, you could've touched them! At least there was a set! Everything now is computer animated, fooey!

Last edited:
I got an adult size PAW Patrol shirt from a site called Uncle Jerry's Tees, but I've also seen them on Amazon.

I have a big Paw Patrol shirt but I would like to find more.

I actually appreciate the heck out of them making stuff for 'big kids'. And doubly so if it's for the reason that ASD and Down's Syndrome kids don't have to give up their favorite shows. :3 I've spent a lot of time looking at adorable shirts and stuff with characters from movies I really liked but they just don't come in my size. Which is a really low feeling.

But:

I completed my trifecta of toddler t-shirts last weekend.

I have several Sesame Street shirts, and found one with Mr. Rogers on it (It says "It's all good in my 'hood" <3) and I FINALLY found one of Bob Ross locally. :D

Those were my shows as a kid. Bob Ross was always super amazing to watch.

"We'll take a little titanium white and just...*dabdabdabpatpatpat* There. A happy little cloud. And maybe he has a friend or two. *pappappat*"

My dad never quite understood my enthusiastic love for watching him paint. XD He never said "Stop watching that." It was more just mild amusement that I was so pleased when Joy of Painting came on.

Now if only I could find a Daniel Tiger shirt in my size. <3

Reactions: daddyconnor
CuddleWoozle said:

I actually appreciate the heck out of them making stuff for 'big kids'. And doubly so if it's for the reason that ASD and Down's Syndrome kids don't have to give up their favorite shows. :3 I've spent a lot of time looking at adorable shirts and stuff with characters from movies I really liked but they just don't come in my size. Which is a really low feeling.

But:

I have several Sesame Street shirts, and found one with Mr. Rogers on it (It says "It's all good in my 'hood" <3) and I FINALLY found one of Bob Ross locally. :D

"We'll take a little titanium white and just...*dabdabdabpatpatpat* There. A happy little cloud. And maybe he has a friend or two. *pappappat*"

My dad never quite understood my enthusiastic love for watching him paint. XD He never said "Stop watching that." It was more just mild amusement that I was so pleased when Joy of Painting came on.

Love me some Bob Ross... got his stuff at my house. Lots of painting supplies and a mug that changes to reveal a painting when hot liquid is put in it.

CuddleWoozle said:

But:

By the way... your wish is my command... they sell them up to 3xl. Let me know if you need bigger, I may have a guy.

Vebyhogh Daniel Tiger Toddler/Kids/Adult Tshirt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QFNHLW7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Qyx4CbBNKB4R8

Vebyhogh - Daniel Tiger Katerina Kitty Cat Trolley Shirt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QDKKP8N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_zzx4CbA9R2KY9

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I got an adult size PAW Patrol shirt from a site called Uncle Jerry's Tees, but I've also seen them on Amazon.

Thanks! I now have another Paw Patrol shirt on the way.:D

Last edited:
rennecfox said:
Believe me you are lucky then, could be a Thomas the Tank Engine fan... how those train's faces don't traumatize toddlers is beyond me.
Back when Thomas was from a show called Shinning Time Station it wasn't scary at all and I ADORE that show even today ( though the only way I know how to see the old episodes is all bad quality youtube posts )

WaddleKitten said:
Back when Thomas was from a show called Shinning Time Station it wasn't scary at all and I ADORE that show even today ( though the only way I know how to see the old episodes is all bad quality youtube posts )
I loved Shining Time Station! Ever see Theodore Tugboat?

I vaguely remember being little and watching Thomas on a live-action show, I recall all the wood at the train station. I'm pretty sure it was narrated by Ringo Starr.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I loved Shining Time Station! Ever see Theodore Tugboat?
I remember passing by Theodore Tugboat but I never really watched it... I'm assuming I really missed out

Back