How do some of you deal with relationships while diapers exist in our lives.

ShyatFirst

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you have relationships wearing diapers? Are they open or secret? What are the paths some of you ventured to find a relationship and what is the quality of your relationship if you're in one?

Yes, I'm in a relationship and wear diapers for pleasure. We met online a couple of months ago, and I told her about being ABDL before we even met. I like cloth diapers. The first time I went to visit her the first time she went out and bought some cloth flat diapers, pins, baby powder, and lotion. The diapers were small so we went out and bought some birdseye material and she made ones that fit me. Now when I'm visiting her, she diapers me every night after I shower. Being open with it is the way to go.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Blekyss and ShyatFirst
If you need to wear diapers, there really is no way to keep it secret forever. The real question is at what point you have the talk.

I think of it like this: Do you want your partner finding out when they slip their hand in your pants in your first intimate moment togerther? Or maybe when you sleep together and wet the bed? Most of us don't want that. It's so much easier to just say, "I have a health issue ..." or "There's something you probably should know before we get any closer ..." And it will be a lot easier on you if rejection comes fairly early in the relationship. It's never easy, but if you get deeply attached and then it comes out and you are rejected, that would be really hard.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, Calico, Seasonedcitizen and 5 others
Yes. After being secretive and having it backfire when I decided to tell my long term partner, I decided being open was better for me. Even if it may make the road a little bumpier in finding a relationship. I met my current partner online, through Tinder actually, and I told him before we started dating.

He didn't mind at all and was very open to the idea. I'm still very shy but he wants to learn how to be a daddy now and has diapered me a couple of times. I couldn't ask for more. Nearly 2 years later and we're still doing great.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002, Seasonedcitizen, Blekyss and 3 others
These are all good insights. I myself like diapers as a fetish and that seems to be frowned on more than a nessecity. Most girls I've encountered online say that diapers are not for them which is understandable. But it does seem more difficult for a relationship when they are a fetish.

Brandi said:
If you need to wear diapers, there really is no way to keep it secret forever. The real question is at what point you have the talk.

I think of it like this: Do you want your partner finding out when they slip their hand in your pants in your first intimate moment togerther? Or maybe when you sleep together and wet the bed? Most of us don't want that. It's so much easier to just say, "I have a health issue ..." or "There's something you probably should know before we get any closer ..." And it will be a lot easier on you if rejection comes fairly early in the relationship. It's never easy, but if you get deeply attached and then it comes out and you are rejected, that would be really hard.
I'm so afraid to mention this to a girl I'd be so embarrassed if a girl knew I liked diapers and wetting my pants

ShyatFirst said:
I'm so afraid to mention this to a girl I'd be so embarrassed if a girl knew I liked diapers and wetting my pants

Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Great if they enjoy the same things, but acceptance/indifference is great as well.

Reactions: lilshelly, Blekyss and ShyatFirst
I kept it from my first wife until after we got married, reason she was first wife.
My second wife found out our first time we made out.
We have been married 33 years, soon to be 34.
She was surprised when her hand hit my diaper and asked what’s this, I answered my diaper, oh ok is all she said, than the next thing she said was “and it’s wet too” as she put her hand inside my diaper.

Reactions: Removed and Blekyss
My wife has no problem with me being in nappies. In fact she suggested them as my incontinence got worse.

ST50 said:
My wife has no problem with me being in nappies. In fact she suggested them as my incontinence got worse.

Once I told my wife the true reason I was wearing diapers ( I fibbed and said I needed to) she was more than willing to accommodate me in my desire to become diaper dependent again.
She went and gathered up all my underwear and tossed them in the burn barrel and gave me her big smile and said now you ain’t got no choice but to wear diapers.
Came to find out she secretly loved the fact I was wearing a diaper the first time and wanted me to be in diapers from that day on.

Reactions: Calico, Seasonedcitizen, Blekyss and 1 other person
Sheepies said:
Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Great if they enjoy the same things, but acceptance/indifference is great as well.
But It can be so lonely sometimes

lonnie said:
Once I told my wife the true reason I was wearing diapers ( I fibbed and said I needed to) she was more than willing to accommodate me in my desire to become diaper dependent again.
She went and gathered up all my underwear and tossed them in the burn barrel and gave me her big smile and said now you ain’t got no choice but to wear diapers.
Came to find out she secretly loved the fact I was wearing a diaper the first time and wanted me to be in diapers from that day on.
I found all my normal underwear in the rag bag a few years back. My wife said "Not much point in keeping them is there?" She just accepted I wear nappies and incontinence pads etc now

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Blekyss and lonnie
ST50 said:
I found all my normal underwear in the rag bag a few years back. My wife said "Not much point in keeping them is there?" She just accepted I wear nappies and incontinence pads etc now
My wife is so helpful when it comes to keeping me in diapers 24/7.
A couple years back my Christmas gift from my mom was a 6 pack of boxers.
Which my wife promptly tossed out, than she must of had a talk with my mom cause for my next birthday I received a two pack of incontinence underwear from mom.
She asked a month later how they where working out for me.
I told her the truth, that they do not work as when I pee my entire bladder empties and diaper work perfect at containing that amount.
That’s when my wife spoke up and said well you haven’t worn underwear for years now and you enjoy wetting and messing your diapers anyhow.
Wow! Was mom a bit shocked to hear this.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and chuck
I am currently in a relationship with someone who I told her my diaper fetish after only a couple dates but I thought it might grow into something more. She is new to the entire thing, we met on tinder not a munch or fetish website, at first she just asked a lot of questions and asked for time to process. While at first I was worried she might reject the whole thing she was actually super understanding and curious. I have been taking it very slow over the past five months but we talk about it a lot and I've worn around her quite a few times now. She mentions it in bed and is very honest about what likes about it and what she does not like about it.
My other experiences with ex's ranged from very negative to mostly negative. Sometimes it is just good luck vs. bad luck as it is a fetish that is pretty hard to have no opinion about. The part that helped the most is taking responsible for the one aspect I had total control over which is how I communicate about it to my partner. I have chosen to be 100% open and honest about all my feelings, urges and experiences with it and with my current situation it is helping so much and making me so much more relaxed and happy.
It has taken me about 27 years to get there but it has been worth it as this is the best relationship I have ever been in.

My husband and I will be married for 9 years this fall and we didn’t know about each other’s interest until a few years into the marriage. One day out of the blue my husband brought it up that he has an interest in diapers, etc which I never planned on telling him about my interest as well, but did. He would like it to be a mutual thing that we do together but to completely honest it’s something that I really rather do on my own and can enjoy with myself. One I didn’t really have a lot of interest in seeing him wear a diaper and certainly wasn’t going to change him etc. so for those reasons as well we kind of just play/use on our own. I understand where people are saying be open and honest with someone from the get go because then they know and that’s pretty true, because when you find these kind of things out later in the relationship/marriage you can easily feel trapped or tricked and that’s not fair either.

My wife who has been in my life for 15 years, married for 7 years has no idea.

I often wonder if my wife would be more accepting of me wearing womens underwear or wearing diapers. I dont wear womens underwear or have any interest to, only diapers.

I feel like she would be more accepting of the womens underwear.

Wearing a diaper is one thing, but I fear she would be disgusted by the idea of me peeing myself multiple times and spending a few hours in a wet diaper, and being around her with a pee filled diaper AND ENJOYING IT. It sounds crazy even to me when I actually type it!

I've tried hinting around and I have an idea of how she feels about diapers, at best I MIGHT be able convince her to wear a diaper to something like the New York new years eve thing, but thats only because she has seen people wearing adult diapers on TV and having fun with it.

I think its best for me and my relationship to keep this a secret, we have a great marriage and life together with no problems.

neophyte said:
My wife who has been in my life for 15 years, married for 7 years has no idea.

I often wonder if my wife would be more accepting of me wearing womens underwear or wearing diapers. I dont wear womens underwear or have any interest to, only diapers.

I feel like she would be more accepting of the womens underwear.

Wearing a diaper is one thing, but I fear she would be disgusted by the idea of me peeing myself multiple times and spending a few hours in a wet diaper, and being around her with a pee filled diaper AND ENJOYING IT. It sounds crazy even to me when I actually type it!

I've tried hinting around and I have an idea of how she feels about diapers, at best I MIGHT be able convince her to wear a diaper to something like the New York new years eve thing, but thats only because she has seen people wearing adult diapers on TV and having fun with it.

I think its best for me and my relationship to keep this a secret, we have a great marriage and life together with no problems.
That’s a tough situation because you are assuming you KNOW her reaction and more then likely you’ll be accurate but yeah there’s a lot riding on telling her vs not. Good luck either way.

Reactions: Blekyss and neophyte
While dating I decided diapers were part of who I am and the man was going to have to accept it or he isn't for me. I don't want to keep it hidden nor have have anxiety about it and have them on my mind all the time. My husband is also ABDL so I get to wear them all the time with no problem.

Reactions: Blekyss
I wear pads day to day for real incontinence issues and like to wear full on diapers sometimes for enjoyment. Anytime I've gotten intimate with people over the past few years, they've found out about the pads because it's just ever-present, but I have hidden the DL aspect except to my wife, who it took me years to open up to still. Nobody's ever made a fuss about any of it and I regret not being more open in the first place.

Back