How to maximise swell?

princeprincess

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Hey! This is my first real post on here, so be gentle :)

I'm contemplating buying new diapers soon and I've noticed that I like swelling. So I ran a quick search on the diaper reviews and found the Thrust Vector Crinklz to be the most swelling out of my rather light research, are there any diapers that swell even more? I'm also wondering if size matters; would a small size diaper swell more than a large size diaper? Are there any other ways to maximise swelling on a diaper?

Thanks!

I think the NorthShore MegaMax will swell the most from what I have seen and that is simply because of its capacity. I don't think small diapers will swell any more because they don't have the same capacity as a larger diaper.

Diaper size is very important, if there to small or to big they will leak to early, if your using a 4 tape diaper like a crinklz (good choice btw) you want to fluff out the center of the padding in the front creating a pocket then using the bottom tapes put them on so they only land on the plastic wings, not the padding itself, the top tapes should be snug and along the bottom of the top waist band, creating a pocket lets the diaper expand outward and down making a puffy pocket that will swell but not sag keeping the leak guards close to you skin all the way around.
Some diapers are more difficult to do this with but crinklz are the easiest, abu peekabu's are difficult, the bottom tapes just get put on snuggly but the top tapes get put on tight.

pampers4U said:
Diaper size is very important, if there to small or to big they will leak to early, if your using a 4 tape diaper like a crinklz (good choice btw) you want to fluff out the center of the padding in the front creating a pocket then using the bottom tapes put them on so they only land on the plastic wings, not the padding itself, the top tapes should be snug and along the bottom of the top waist band, creating a pocket lets the diaper expand outward and down making a puffy pocket that will swell but not sag keeping the leak guards close to you skin all the way around.
Some diapers are more difficult to do this with but crinklz are the easiest, abu peekabu's are difficult, the bottom tapes just get put on snuggly but the top tapes get put on tight.

Thanks for the detailed reply! Do you mean that I should push the padding in the front centre down/up or just trying to separate it and make it fluffier outwards? I've heard that boosters can be helpful, do they help a lot in your opinion?

princeprincess said:
Thanks for the detailed reply! Do you mean that I should push the padding in the front centre down/up or just trying to separate it and make it fluffier outwards? I've heard that boosters can be helpful, do they help a lot in your opinion?
I just push / fluff the padding up and out, and I never really had good luck with boosters, they always cause the diaper to leak earlier then without for some reason, maybe I was using them wrong.

I'd recommend against trying to push the padding around yourself as it could lead to leaks (fluffing is okay though). What makes diapers swell is the SAP in them, so you just need to find a high capacity premium diaper with high SAP content (Crinklz and Rearz Inspire Select come to mind)

To have the best swelling you have to use hot Water (not too hot you don't want to burn yourself).

Crinklz, Peekaboo, Mega Max.
All three are great at swelling in the front.
All three suck as the back never gets wet before leaking unless your wearing to bed and are s bedwetter.
Mega max has the best sticking tape tabs
Crinklz has a tendency to bleed color onto your skin.

lonnie said:
All three suck as the back never gets wet before leaking unless your wearing to bed and are s bedwetter.
Mega max has the best sticking tape tabs
Crinklz has a tendency to bleed color onto your skin.
I was off of work yesterday, my night diaper was a abu peekaboo large, was totally soaked when I got changed in the am, switched to a crinklz medium and wore it for about 6 hours, I did a bunch of chores around the house, sat on the couch for a little tv time and when I needed a change after the lunch the diaper was completely soaked from the top of the front padding to the rear top padding, the wicking is exceptional with crinklz, switched to another and by dinner it was time to change again, not as wet as the morning diaper but still pretty wet with more wetness wicking itself up the back. As far as ink bleed, never had an issue with crinklz aquwa print, the only diaper I had ink bleed issues was abu little paws in the summer, if I was sweating it would bleed onto my inner thighs and or onesie.
Most modern premium diapers will suck at wicking if there to big on you (big diaper seats) but if a diaper fits well it will wick. Take for instance tykables overnights, I have both medium and larges, the mediums wick very well and the larges will just pool at the seat and then will leak once they hit capacity in the area, the construction is the same for both diapers so its got to be fit that will either allow good wicking or not. Also taping, when using a 4 tape diaper the bottom tapes shouldn't land on the padding, they should be on the wing next to the padding but snug to keep the seat snug to yourself, this will create a pocket so the padding expands outward and down, the top tapes can land across the top of the padding since thats what keeps the diaper secure to your waist.

Reactions: lonnie
pampers4U said:
I was off of work yesterday, my night diaper was a abu peekaboo large, was totally soaked when I got changed in the am, switched to a crinklz medium and wore it for about 6 hours, I did a bunch of chores around the house, sat on the couch for a little tv time and when I needed a change after the lunch the diaper was completely soaked from the top of the front padding to the rear top padding, the wicking is exceptional with crinklz, switched to another and by dinner it was time to change again, not as wet as the morning diaper but still pretty wet with more wetness wicking itself up the back. As far as ink bleed, never had an issue with crinklz aquwa print, the only diaper I had ink bleed issues was abu little paws in the summer, if I was sweating it would bleed onto my inner thighs and or onesie.
Most modern premium diapers will suck at wicking if there to big on you (big diaper seats) but if a diaper fits well it will wick. Take for instance tykables overnights, I have both medium and larges, the mediums wick very well and the larges will just pool at the seat and then will leak once they hit capacity in the area, the construction is the same for both diapers so its got to be fit that will either allow good wicking or not. Also taping, when using a 4 tape diaper the bottom tapes shouldn't land on the padding, they should be on the wing next to the padding but snug to keep the seat snug to yourself, this will create a pocket so the padding expands outward and down, the top tapes can land across the top of the padding since thats what keeps the diaper secure to your waist.
I’ve been wearing/wetting diapers for 30+ years, I know how to properly fit a diaper, only time I manage to get the back of any brand diaper wet it sleeping or doubled diapered.

princeprincess said:
Hey! This is my first real post on here, so be gentle :)

I'm contemplating buying new diapers soon and I've noticed that I like swelling. So I ran a quick search on the diaper reviews and found the Thrust Vector Crinklz to be the most swelling out of my rather light research, are there any diapers that swell even more? I'm also wondering if size matters; would a small size diaper swell more than a large size diaper? Are there any other ways to maximise swelling on a diaper?

Thanks!
If you really want to maximize swelling, pour warm tap water into the diaper (before or after wetting it). Somehow that makes the diaper swell a lot more.

Drink lots.and lots of water, the more dilute the urine, the greater absorbancy and swelling any said diaper will have. This may seem a small thing, but it actually has great affect on things.

and be careful what you wish for - heavily swollen diapers are really obvious under clothes, will get you noticed as you walk funny in public with that bulk between your legs, and sleeping on your side can be quite challenging.

I love the swelling! Since I only wear at home it doesn't matter how big it gets lol. I don't know why, I just love how it feels when swelling. Going to have to try the warm water trick, thanks trysexiea. I often just drink a lot since I don't have much wearing time with the hours I work.

Back