ABDL? what is it and who are we?

sallyanne

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
If you want a good argument just say that "ABDL is sexual fetish so that's it!" You will get all the people like me who have lived with it since the age of 2 and is more who I AM than what I DO.

Lots of inane, uninformed and ignorant banter and argument will follow, usually with rudeness and a lot worse. Been there myself in the past, but now don't bother. But a few minutes ago I read a compelling and very detailed article on just this question.

it is long and perhaps for some, a difficult read, but his essential take is that your OWN definition of what ABDL is to YOU is quite valid, but only for you. It may or may not apply to anyone else. Then he talks about what GROUP definitions of what ABDL is.

It is a worthy read for when you have the time to do so and perhaps if a few of the more arrogant and loud-mouthed, opinionated posters read it, they would be less so. But sadly, they are EXACTLY the kind of people who wont read it.

Give it a go and lets have a discussion with some actual merit to it.

sallyanne said:
it is long and perhaps for some, a difficult read, but his essential take is that your OWN definition of what ABDL is to YOU is quite valid, but only for you. It may or may not apply to anyone else. Then he talks about what GROUP definitions of what ABDL is.

Nothing to argue about. I don't worry about defining anything or assigning labels. Stewie Griffin said it best when he said "eh, you do you."

Reactions: INTrePid
ABDL can absolutely not in any way be accurately and coherently be described by blanketing it with the term "sexual fetish". For many people it doesn't have anything to do with sexuality and some people like myself actually find it repulsive when people try to classify my actions of this nature as sexually-motivated, as it's quite different entirely. I'm not even sure how that blanket statement is actually an argument or the context that would be used in, but to leave it at that and make that all you say also seems like a bad idea.

Side topic: Psychologically I don't think you can develop a fetish or even ABDL behaviours by the age of 2. At that point "ABDL behaviours" are just normal developmental behaviours in children

Topex said:
ABDL can absolutely not in any way be accurately and coherently be described by blanketing it with the term "sexual fetish". For many people it doesn't have anything to do with sexuality and some people like myself actually find it repulsive when people try to classify my actions of this nature as sexually-motivated, as it's quite different entirely. I'm not even sure how that blanket statement is actually an argument or the context that would be used in, but to leave it at that and make that all you say also seems like a bad idea.

Side topic: Psychologically I don't think you can develop a fetish or even ABDL behaviours by the age of 2. At that point "ABDL behaviours" are just normal developmental behaviours in children
you cant develop a fetish at 2 but by the time I was 3 I recall thinking that I wanted to be a baby so I think the seeds of infantile regression can be sown as young as that. You dont even remember much prior to 3 anyhow.

ABDL is a spectrum, no 2 people in our community are 100% the same; there are of course groups of people that like a similar set of things though

And that is where Labels can come in handy, but it is important to realize just because you are an "Adult Baby" , "Diaper Lover" or anything else doesn't mean you have to have the same likes/dislikes as anybody else in that same category

And it is important to realize even when there is a Sexual component to it, it's no worse than any other Kink that people practice in secret and most people dont know that about them

Which reminds me of an old episode of American Dad where Stan (the Dad in the Family) finds out that everyone has a secret Kink

I would be surprised if there is anybody out there that doesn't even have 1 kink, so I don't think anyone is qualified to say that ABDLs are some sort of freak; lest it get turned around onto them when someone disapproves of their Kink

I think educating those willing to learn is an important thing, but there are always those people that are stubborn and willfully ignorant and refuse to learn anything or realize that they dont in fact know everything (which is what they seem to believe)

Reactions: DprEffect
It is nice to read people actually understanding that THEIR experience is not everybody elses. That is refreshing and sadly, a little uncommon.

It is a spectrum and we are all different. The level of sexuality is very different and the levels of regression and infant desire are individual. and then there is the entire power of the drive as well. For some it is small and easily handled and at the other end, people lke me where it is life-defining and has been since I was 5 years old.

I don’t ever remember not wanting to wear diapers. I’m fact I know I used doll diapers and simulated diapers at a young age. The sexual part didn’t kick in until around 11-13 when I was going through puberty and at the same time had access to diapers again do to the birth of a younger sibling.

Topex said:

Psych term that best fits is paraphilic infantalism imho.

I've always had this overpowering attraction to diapers for as long as I can remember. My parents tell me they had a hard time training me. I even have a memory of being put back in diapers after I wet myself several times at preschool. It was so much fun, but then my mom found out and she freaked. I guess it's in my blood to love Diapers. I'm writing this while wearing a cvs brand adult diaper.

WHY? I've researched this off and on for 20 years and I still can't explain why. All I know is when I was about 8 or 9, I knew I was a "little." Didn't know what it was, but I knew. I just want to enjoy myself and play with my toys. Katie

Katie2fingers said:
WHY? I've researched this off and on for 20 years and I still can't explain why. All I know is when I was about 8 or 9, I knew I was a "little." Didn't know what it was, but I knew. I just want to enjoy myself and play with my toys. Katie

There are a good number of books that describe it. These are probably as good is gets.

sallyanne said:
There are a good number of books that describe it. These are probably as good is gets.

I think for me because I am in a wheelchair and need total care. When I'm little, weather I'm a two year old, or a ten month old, it's my escape from the wheelchair, I feel detached from it like I CAN walk and RUN.. It's very addicting.

Imprinting is a process everyone goes through early in their lives. Scientists believe the process is essentially completed within the first six years in humans. Despite occurring so early, imprinting is responsible for the things that will cause sexual arousal later in life, but it's not limited to only sexual desires.

From an evolutionary standpoint the benefit of imprinting is obvious. It mainly accounts for many of the "normal" social/sexual desires we have, but, in lesser numbers, because of it's flexibility it is also responsible for many of the "abnormal" desires some people have. Flexibility is important. As Darwin noted, when it comes to species it isn't necessarily the strongest or smartest that survive, but the ones flexible enough to adapt to a changing environment.

sallyanne said:
It is nice to read people actually understanding that THEIR experience is not everybody elses. That is refreshing and sadly, a little uncommon.

It is a spectrum and we are all different. The level of sexuality is very different and the levels of regression and infant desire are individual. and then there is the entire power of the drive as well. For some it is small and easily handled and at the other end, people lke me where it is life-defining and has been since I was 5 years old.
I too am at the high end of the spectrum, I relate to the article abdiscovery wrote about NIB ( Naturally Infantial Babies). Being AB, it for me has and is life defining, I have lost great opportunities in my life due to it and still do. The desire is over powering. I have lived with it since I was 4/5. It's like part of my brain never grow up and needs to be little. It never stops unless I'm in a diaper and then all the stress and anxiety is gone and I feel happy.

Last edited:
ABdrew said:
I too am at the high end of the spectrum, I relate to the article abdiscovery wrote about NIB ( Naturally Infantial Babies). Being AB, it for me has and is life defining, I have lost great opportunities in my life due to it and still do. The desire is over powering. I have lived with it since I was 4/5. It's like part of my brain never grow up and needs to be little. It never stops unless I'm in a diaper and then all the stress and anxiety is gone and I feel happy.

It is a tough gig to be a Naturally Infantile Baby and I am certainly one. The pressures are strong and constant. It is overpowering at times and limiting the rest of it. I only know that without being in nappies 24/7 I don't know how I'd handle it.

Reactions: ABdrew
I liked diapers when I was still in them before I quit wearing them. That was something I decided on my own. I was 9 when I realized I liked diapers and I was always fantasizing my favorite characters in them and fantasizing their partners taking care of them like they are a little girl. I didn't even know this was a thing until my teen years when I discovered it online. I just knew this is what I wanted. I also realized I wanted to be put back in diapers and wear them full time.

But from the ages of 3 till 9, I had no interest in them and didn't envy any special needs kids wearing one. I just thought then how uncomfortable they must be wearing them and having to sit in their mess because that was the reason why I had stopped wearing them at the age of 3. Once I realized I wasn't a baby and only babies wore them was when I realized I didn't need to be wearing them anymore and I had the option to just not wear one so I took mine off and never wanted one on me again so my mom came home from work with the news from her mother that I was finally potty trained and my mom was like "Oh my god, she finally figured it out." I don't think a kid pretending to be a baby is really ABDL and that is just normal. I can remember wearing baby bibs and having pacifiers in my mouth without actually sucking on it and laying in my brother's crib and riding in a stroller when I was 3-5 years old. I never wanted to actually be a baby. Same as if a kid decides to put a diaper on for fun.

Back