Night time leaking woes!

Reg the droop/fall down after a while What i have done is i have pair of ord slightly tighter panties over the diapers and THEN over this the Puk pants. This way the diaper is securely in place even if a load or the wet stuff have occurred.

Reactions: ollienappied
Missy1 said:
Reg the droop/fall down after a while What i have done is i have pair of ord slightly tighter panties over the diapers and THEN over this the Puk pants. This way the diaper is securely in place even if a load or the wet stuff have occurred.

I did that yesterday but the tight pants (abena fix pants) were all damp and smelly from the condensation of cotton-feel backed diaper, this was not a good experience :(

NotTheAverageMan said:
I would recommend purchasing three or four double terry pull up nappies, and two PUL pants. Then you'll be sufficiently protected and won't have to change soaked sheets in the middle of the night. You can get the terry nappies here.

Your suggesting that for supplies- Not to wear all at once I hope :) I had a similar issue with disposable diapers leaking at night which was solved by wearing good plastic pants over them. Now I rarely leak unless I roll around a lot and get a leak through the leg openings

iampadded said:
Your suggesting that for supplies- Not to wear all at once I hope :) I had a similar issue with disposable diapers leaking at night which was solved by wearing good plastic pants over them. Now I rarely leak unless I roll around a lot and get a leak through the leg openings
Yep. A disposable, then these terry nappies and a waterproof pant on top. Then you are sufficient protected for the night.

winterheart01 said:
I did that yesterday but the tight pants (abena fix pants) were all damp and smelly from the condensation of cotton-feel backed diaper, this was not a good experience :(

OD i dont have any problems o_O (incl when i wear pants ) + my panties are satin as well to me it sounds like the diaper is to blame on this And also its clear that somehow youre ........ is not allowed to breath

Last edited by a moderator:
mickdl said:
Instead of thinking about thicker protection it might be also a idea to thing about the times you drink. My suggestion would be: stop drinking 4 hours before you go to sleep and spread the fluid intake over the rest of the day - more in the morning, less in the afternoon.

It really depends on the person. Normally, during the night your kidneys (should) produce less urine. That's not the case with bedwetters, and most IC people. And while drinking less before bed seems logical, I for example cannot fall asleep thirsty. And I rather deal with a thick, wet diaper and occasional leaks on the sheets than trying to get to sleep thirsty without success and getting up in the morning tired.

Petya217 said:
It really depends on the person. Normally, during the night your kidneys (should) produce less urine. That's not the case with bedwetters, and most IC people. And while drinking less before bed seems logical, I for example cannot fall asleep thirsty.

Petya - your'e absolutely right - there are conditions where this will not work at all (like that one mentioned by ollienappied - sorry btw - your problem wasn't clear to me). How ever - I can tell you from my own experience that doing so will reduce the "output". Unfortunately it will not reduce the urge. So I still wet at night even if I drink not that much (maybe even more frequently because of the more concentrated urine), but I don't need that thick diapers anymore. This is at last for me a big + because I sleep better with light ones and have less trouble with leaks.

mickdl said:
Petya - your'e absolutely right - there are conditions where this will not work at all (like that one mentioned by ollienappied - sorry btw - your problem wasn't clear to me). How ever - I can tell you from my own experience that doing so will reduce the "output". Unfortunately it will not reduce the urge. So I still wet at night even if I drink not that much (maybe even more frequently because of the more concentrated urine), but I don't need that thick diapers anymore. This is at last for me a big + because I sleep better with light ones and have less trouble with leaks.
Whichever works for us, right? :) I think there is no one general universal solution for all of us. You have to try with different ways, different diapers etc., to find wich one suites you the best. For me, it is less of a burden to have a thick padding, for you it is to drink less. One have to experience with different options to find the one that fits them.
That is the best thing in this forum, that different people share their opinions, ideas, so that one might find a solution that would not have come to their mind otherwise. ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 44276, mickdl and CLPP
Petya217 said:
Whichever works for us, right? :) I think there is no one general universal solution for all of us. You have to try with different ways, different diapers etc., to find wich one suites you the best.

Cannot agree more. It's not one hammer for all occasions or emotional (acceptance/managing) states. I change (figuratively/literally) from season-to-season and situation - more or less absorbency, and type (pull-up, cloth, disposable) is needed.

Flexibility and adaptability - just like you manage liquid intake based on activities and proximity to restrooms. The supple willow does not contend against the storm

Reactions: Deleted member 44276
Defiantly made a bit of progress I think, I got a better mattress protector, this one is what they use in hospitals and if I leak can just wipe it down, apparently breathable (also good is I had a bm leak at night)? Also got a few different brand of nappy’s to try also bought some inserts but they feel a bit odd and have slightly leaked while sitting in the sofa, but so touch wood may the rest make a difference.

Attachments

• 4C1F11D2-23FC-4B8E-A160-498B2A9E1117.jpeg
    4C1F11D2-23FC-4B8E-A160-498B2A9E1117.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Deleted member 44276
winterheart01 said:
I have the ID slip maxi prime which goes to 4800, when used correctly it can hold a lot but after 6 hours you really need to change, even with plastic pants.

Unfortunatly they condense and make plastic pants or clothes wet and smelly,

I tried the new BetterDry and I must agree with Slomo they are very much improved than the first ones and so good.
But I can only wear them with bigger pants, the ID Slip maxi prime is almost visible in the jeans Wrangler loose fit W34 I have, but for betterdry I need a W36
Yes, I can confirm this. Any thicker diaper is going to need one pant size larger in order to accomodate the bulk.
daylight said:
Cannot agree more. It's not one hammer for all occasions or emotional (acceptance/managing) states. I change (figuratively/literally) from season-to-season and situation - more or less absorbency, and type (pull-up, cloth, disposable) is needed.

Flexibility and adaptability - just like you manage liquid intake based on activities and proximity to restrooms. The supple willow does not contend against the storm
Also agreed. It's more like 3 differently shaped hammers. And we will get you to conform using at least one of them.

More seriously though, you should NEVER reduce your water intake simply because you won't be close to a restroom. Just like that willow, getting dried out will break your body.

Where abouts in the UK are you? There are some local suppliers with national distribution. Unfortunately Tena seems to be the UK favourite adult pad and nappy manufacturer that the NHS and pharmacies dish out. The wide supply spectrum that USA has just isn't available to us.
Like others have said your best bet is Bettadry but they seem to be constantly out of stock at 'the inco shop' aka nappies'R'us.
It's a shame that the same absorbancy that's stated in AB nappies isn't manufactured into medical types, not everyone wants a design covered in babyish printing.

I get my nappies supplied through the NHS. But where I am we get ID products. I am given ID Expert slips for both bedwetting and daytime use.

woolybobs said:
Where abouts in the UK are you? There are some local suppliers with national distribution. Unfortunately Tena seems to be the UK favourite adult pad and nappy manufacturer that the NHS and pharmacies dish out. The wide supply spectrum that USA has just isn't available to us.
Like others have said your best bet is Bettadry but they seem to be constantly out of stock at 'the inco shop' aka nappies'R'us.
It's a shame that the same absorbancy that's stated in AB nappies isn't manufactured into medical types, not everyone wants a design covered in babyish printing.
Im from Torbay Devon, the Betterdry are defiantly heaps better and didn’t have any leaks which was great but woke up due to a bit of paranoia to check myself, I also tried one of the brands from my diaper but leaked and I believe they had a iso of 4000 or 5000, the leak was actually over the top of the front, not sure if it was due to the tape landing zone as it was made of quite stiff plastic.

My nighttime leaks have been greatly reduced (almost to 0) when I switched to Betterdry and Crinklz diapers, I stil have a leak once and a while but I could not be happier with the diapers and I can trust them to do their job.

ladyofshadows said:
I get my nappies supplied through the NHS. But where I am we get ID products. I am given ID Expert slips for both bedwetting and daytime use.

What area are you in? An old friend was on Tyneside and got Molicare which were cloth backed and of only three figure capacity. (Even their 'maxi' in the 'soft' line are only about 1700ml capacity.)

I've sometimes got ID products from Inco Shop (aka Drylife) and they have a mix of the cloth feel and plastic backed with cloth sides type. Strangely the top capacity is only cloth and they have a big size gap between the medium and large size, and the mediums are definitely too small for me despite supposedly being the right size.

I wonder if your local NHS continence service would fund Drylife Slip Super given they’re cheaper and have about double the capacity of a Tena Slip Maxi?

ollienappied said:
Thanks everyone :) for your advise, think I’m going to try a more absorbent nappy, what would be a good one for night? I was looking at Tena Ultima but I don’t think it holds much more than the maxi or should I look at something more premium?

Defiantly worth trying the Tena Slip Ultima. I've got both types Plastic backed and the Cotton Feel.

Back