Anyone here into cars?

I dont drive but i absolutely lovee car restorations! I watch them on youtube all the time ^.^

RaccoonPrincess said:
I dont drive but i absolutely lovee car restorations! I watch them on youtube all the time ^.^
Ever watch Wheeler Dealers?

Jeepy said:
Ever watch Wheeler Dealers?
I have not!! Tell me a bit 😊

RaccoonPrincess said:
I have not!! Tell me a bit 😊
It's a show where this guy buys a car then a mechanic repairs it and then they sell it for a profit its from the UK.

Anything with tits or tires put em both together and that's my game ,
I have a 66 Galaxie convertible a 94 Yj that I wheel only and a Harley Fatboy for just riding on two wheelsreceived_553432038115468.jpeg

Reactions: WABX and Jeepy
KiwiBoi said:
Yup. Started out with an old school 1987 turbo Subaru wagon. That rusted out so got a dual-range Forester. That got written off, so got a Suzuki Vitara which I modded for 4wding. That also got written off so got a JDM Nissan Terrano (Import R50 Pathfinder) with the QD32 diesel and Attesa dual-range 4wd system. Great truck.
And this week I'm going to look at another 87 Subaru touring wagon, just can't stay away from my old subies haha 😂

Subaru stands for one thing:

Stiil
Usable
But
All
Rusted
Underneath

I love them so much though.

Reactions: daddyconnor
Anybody going to btt50's next weekend? I can't make it this year which sucks, gone the last 16 years straight, have a friend there and we wear diapers 24 hrs a day for the four days, really going to miss that! We have meet a few other ab,s there, so if anyone wants to get together there next year, let me know, and we can plan it out!!

Last edited:
I've owned and built a few 50's - 70's muscle/street race cars. 72/73 Stroker Nova Stock SS drivetrain, a 78 Z28 w L6 engine a 4 speed Trans and from a wrecked 71 vet and 76 455 Trans Am Rear. T-Tops off was the most fun. That is just a couple, but they were the most fun
Illinoise said:
Not saying that there isn't some overlap, but I think most "car people" actually fall into two subgroups: "Car" people, and "car RACING" people. Car people like to wax their paint jobs; car racing people like to wax the field.

I definitely fall into more of the racing fold. I drive a boring, stock 4-cyl econobox. Which is fine, because its utilitarian purpose is to get me to work during the week, and to the races on the weekend.
I like both equally More into Drag Racing and 60's a70's muscle cars. curved track racing gets a little boring to me after the first hour or so. And, I just don't see anything in those itty bitty foreign jobs. To me they are like an an annoying barking chihuahua.

Totally into old CJ and TJ Jeeps. Subscribe to Amazon just for the grand tour. But still have a less than remedial knowledge about auto maintenance.

THESE ARE A FEW OF WHAT I HAVE NOW

Attachments

• 20180621_001742.jpg
    20180621_001742.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 0422172011 (1).jpg
    0422172011 (1).jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: stinkape and AAO
I started this in 99 and still have. Race driven on the street. This was taken yesterday at one of our street cruises.34069

Reactions: stinkape
I am the same as someone else here: I don't own or drive a car and never will. But if there's one thing I remember when I was a little girl, I did like helicopters and concrete mixers. This would be stuff marked as "for boys" but I didn't put much thought into it back then like I did with sports. I liked helicopters because they weren't as loud as planes and had a nice sound when flying by. I liked concrete mixers because the back of them turned and they all had different designs on them (not sure if it's a company thing). But one car I do like is those Volkswagen beetle cars. Why? Because then I could put eyelashes on the headlights and then have flowers, hearts, rainbows, and peace signs on the car like the hippies did way back. People probably think it's weird, but I love that idea so much! 🌻

Last edited:
Reactions: stinkape
Strangely painted car is a good motive for random cop to stop it and realize all kind of molestation in his "rutinary" control.

CrazySmoker said:
Strangely painted car is a good motive for random cop to stop it and realize all kind of molestation in his "rutinary" control.
Wouldn't he also think someone must've been on something while they were decorating their car as well? But to me, hippie cars, vans, buses, etc. would probably make more people happy these days. The world gets bad as it is and will continue to twist whichever way it goes.

Illinoise said:
Not saying that there isn't some overlap, but I think most "car people" actually fall into two subgroups: "Car" people, and "car RACING" people. Car people like to wax their paint jobs; car racing people like to wax the field.
I think there's more sub-groups;
- People who just generally like cars but don't race, wrench etc. only wax & maybe show
- People who like driving; track days, racing, rally, etc.
- People who like wrenching; building, modifying, restoring, rodding, whatever
- Motorsports fans, may or may not also be in any of the above categories.

Personally I can't do "shiny", it's too much effort - my daily is the cleanest car I've ever owned and it kills me having to be nice to it.

Built & re-built & modified a few things now and that's by far the more fun challenge.

Done a little racing, track stuff but speed is expensive - off-road you can be at 101% at 5mph and it's fairly cheap to play.

Jeepy said:
It's a show where this guy buys a car then a mechanic repairs it and then they sell it for a profit its from the UK.
Oh god no. Sorry I can't stand Mike Brewer, and it's one of many car shows where they fudge stuff massively for TV.

Project Binky or SOUP Classic Motoring on YouTube are where it's at for me.

Jeepy said:
Any diapered gear heads out there?
still in the interest stage but love classics and 4x4s (mainly toyotas)

LonelyFOX said:
That's a Ford Falcon 1960, 1961
Yup it's a 60. The grill curves in on a 60 and 61 curves out.

I like classic cars such as 4WD vehicles suchs as Ford, Dodge, International, Studebaker, GMC and Willys Jeep from the 40s, 50s and early 60s

Back