Wearing diapers is calming me down. Normal?

Wearing diapers always makes me feel more relaxed and calm even though I have to wear diapers I would anyways even if I did not need to

CodyBaby said:
Perfectly normal, for me, it helps relieve my stress and anxiety, I refuse to take medication for that cause I know a few people around me that are now drug addicted because of what is inside this kind of medication, you end up needing it, its worst than cigarettes or alcohol addiction. Just wearing a diaper and pretending I'm 2-3 yrs old and don't have to worry about anything is helping me so much to relax, unfortunately, I can't really regress the way I would want, cause I'm on my own, and the few times I tried I didn't go too far cause it would be risky, I'm sometimes in the mood of a 18 months baby when I regress, and that can be deadly where I am if I'm left alone.

“Deadly” ... figuratively or literally? I did not think that Canada was a high crime country?

littlemoosey said:
“Deadly” ... figuratively or literally? I did not think that Canada was a high crime country?
I mean by deadly that I have so much stuff an 18 months shouldn't touch around here, and when I go to regress, I go to a point where its hard for me to control the regression level and I would need someone to supervise it so it would be safe. I don't wanna go back to adult mode once I'm regressed and that is very dangerous, do not let an 18 months toddler cook his own meal, its not safe either.

Completely on accident (heh) I figured this out. I was wearing for a need and realized how much calmer I felt when padded. Now I wear for two reasons.

Sometimes when I can't figure out where the anxiety is coming from, I reach for a diaper. Once I'm in it, I usually feel better.

If it makes you happy, more calm, and more relaxed, then do it. I wear them for a good nights sleep and I feel great in the morning. When I wear them on the weekends to run errand (have you seen public restrooms?) I can be more relaxed and not let things get to me. So there's an idiot in line causing a scene and you're trying to hold it in. Now you can just relax and go while the idiot makes a fool of themselves.

dogboy said:
For me, wearing a diaper can redirect my mind to...….feeling like a child, which means a lot less worries and cares. It's like taking a break from the real world and being able to fully relax ........and not worry about anything.
I hacked up Dogboy's comment a bit to reflect my own but basically training underwear and plastic underpants give me an increased feeling of security. Though I rarely have any accidents I like wearing while flying and if I have to go I can let loose right at that time to ease any discomfort. Same thing when I wear at night.

Diapers are better than anxiety pills! I had a nasty habit a few years ago. Funny enough I was detoxing so hard I needed diapers at the time. Seizures would make me pee and the withdrawal would cause me to have diarrhea pretty badly.
They didn't really believe me until I woke up to them and a mattress covered in pee and diarrhea. I was in such bad shape I had to just go in bed until they got me protection. I was a pathetic addict for sure. I didn't even care if I went to the bathroom on myself!

All from drugs! Just wear diapers, please!

Last edited:
When things are really frustrating or stressful, I can always rely on putting on a diaper and plastic pants and then that makes me feel better.

I totally agree that wearing diapers have a calming and relaxing effect on most of us DL. I understand and agree with it but can't explain it. Why does warm, wet cellulose in between our legs comfort us to the point of giving us peace and comfort. Just can't wrap my brain around it but it works for me.

FTuga197 said:
So... Usually I'm an impulsive, angry, sometimes agressive guy.
Since I started using diapers I'm much more pacific and calm.
Also, I'm a smoker and now I smoke much less.
Is there any logical, let's say "psychological" reason for that?
I am so much happier, less stressed and genuinely happier sine I started having to wear nappies because of my steadily increasing incontinene

I love wear cloth diapers and plastic pants because the become warm and extremely soft. This feels great. don't need to I love to around the house and at night in private.

Last edited:
Evahasgone2 said:
I speak for myself here and I say Bravo !! I feel naked without a diaper. Its like a model not wearing her make up. I think both abdl and dl people from this site will say the same. It is a form of relaxation and comfort. I am so relaxed and calm in a diaper. I can't even remember the last time I even got upset at anything. I give you one word of advise if you can stop the smoking you have the world by the cojones !! Be safe and stay calm hugs to you.
Do you wear under your clothes during the day? If so are there people that give you grieve over it?

Clothdiaperman said:
Do you wear under your clothes during the day? If so are there people that give you grieve over it?
I wear under my clothes every day and I don't tell anyone I am wearing. It's my secret and no ones business !!

Reactions: Andrewgdfw
Evahasgone2 said:
I wear under my clothes every day and I don't tell anyone I am wearing. It's my secret and no ones business !!

Perfect answer, Eva !!! As it should be. Kudos.

Evahasgone2 said:
I want to wear 24/7 but I am afraid to. I was wonder how you keep everything quite as far as the plastic pants. Did you just start wearing under your clothes when you got ready to? I did not mean to offend you.

Last edited:
I love wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants. It feels fantastic. There warm soft and feel good when up against me. I want to wear 24/7 but I am not sure of that yet. I have people around me that would give me grief.

I love wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants. There warm, soft and feel great. I want to wear 24/7 but not sure about that yet. I have people that would give me grief.

Lykedanappies said:
I totally agree that wearing diapers have a calming and relaxing effect on most of us DL. I understand and agree with it but can't explain it. Why does warm, wet cellulose in between our legs comfort us to the point of giving us peace and comfort. Just can't wrap my brain around it but it works for me.
I don't think it's something that can be easily described, but if I had to venture a guess, i'd say, it has something to do with the release of endorphins caused by tactile stimulus.

Our senses, everything we see, hear, touch/feel, etc, is how we interact with the world around us and all the stimuli we take in on a day-to-day basis, elicits various reactions from us, ranging from, but not limited to fear, euphoria, disgust, etc, and many, if not all of the things are universally enjoyed.

For example, many people prefer the taste of something sweet, as opposed to something spicy, or even sour, but that doesn't mean there aren't those who have "acquired tastes" in other things that aren't as "universally liked."

Which returns me to the point I started.

I guess it all has to do with the way things trigger reactions within us and the way our minds are "programmed," so to speak.

I hope this makes some sense.

My wife noticed that one I started wearing nappies I became so much more relaxed.

Totally normal for us.

Back