Wearing diapers is calming me down. Normal?

FTuga197

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So... Usually I'm an impulsive, angry, sometimes agressive guy.
Since I started using diapers I'm much more pacific and calm.
Also, I'm a smoker and now I smoke much less.
Is there any logical, let's say "psychological" reason for that?

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, JUSTONEBABY, Seabear and 2 others
So the other day I had to have a medical procedure...colonoscopy... what fun. Although the procedure is pretty benign, you still get prepped like they are going to remove a kidney. They had wheeled me into the procedure room and I could watch the blood pressure cuff taking auto readings, about every minute. My BP was higher than usual as I was a little nervous. So, I told myself to think of relaxing things each time the cuff would start inflating. I went through three cycles of thinking about snorkleing in Tahiti off of a pristine reef, to my consternation it stayed in the 140+/90+ range. THEN, I decided to think about when my wife, "moma2moosey" diapers me, so that is what I was envisioning, her gentle way, her smile, her soft hands. When I opened my eyes to look at the results, I could not believe it, it had gone down to 135/83! I always knew diapers and this interaction with my wife calmed me....coincidence?

Reactions: Coney, ABdrew, TypicalFloof and 1 other person
Yes ..... In addition to well er getting off, alot of us also find diaper time realaxing....

Reactions: Coney, JUSTONEBABY and Scupperguy30
Yeah, I'd say it's completely normal.

For you, like many other AB/DLs, diapers have become a stress relief and coping mechanism. Think of it this way, some people turn to alcohol, some people turn to their hobbies, some people turn to their diapers ☺

There are many AB/DLs on this very site that will tell you that their diapers help them keep calm and de-stressed, myself included :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Coney, Angelapinks and JUSTONEBABY
Yeah that's just more evidence diapers are a compelling part of who we are. Try and remove them from the equation and our bodies and minds alike will react negatively.

Reactions: JUSTONEBABY, Sheepies and littlemoosey
I speak for myself here and I say Bravo !! I feel naked without a diaper. Its like a model not wearing her make up. I think both abdl and dl people from this site will say the same. It is a form of relaxation and comfort. I am so relaxed and calm in a diaper. I can't even remember the last time I even got upset at anything. I give you one word of advise if you can stop the smoking you have the world by the cojones !! Be safe and stay calm hugs to you.

Reactions: CLPP, abdilly, JUSTONEBABY and 4 others
Yep I feel more relaxed as I don’t have to try to pee or poop in a public toilet as I have a very shy bladder

Reactions: JUSTONEBABY
I find diapers have the same effect on me, especially in times of high stress or anxiety. Just the simple act of putting a diaper on after really long or difficult day instantly makes me feel more safe, secure, and calm.

Reactions: Angelapinks, JUSTONEBABY and Scupperguy30
Of course it is "normal"

well as close to Normal as is possible when it comes to liking Diapers without having a Medical need; I find it odd people understand having a Medical need for diapers; but if you have a Mental need they dont understand and think you are weird (to say the least)

I have been into Diapers for over half my life (didn't know about ABDL until much later though) and when I accepted this part of me I realized I deal with stress a lot better.

And to me that is a very legitimate need because it is better than feeling stressed out, depressed and feeling like Hurting myself (or worse; and I have been there plenty of times)

So I really dont care if people dont understand; they likely never will if they dont have mental health problems and especially if they have never tried Diapers as a way to relax .

And I love to couple it with hobbies too (anime, TV shows, Video Gaming, etc)

Reactions: Kittyinpink, JUSTONEBABY, Sidewinder and 2 others
For me, wearing a diaper can redirect my mind from grief, depression and other worries, to regressing and feeling like a child, which means a lot less worries and cares. It's like taking a break from the real world and entering this fantasy world where the world is a much better place.

Reactions: JUSTONEBABY, Bellyamante and littlemoosey
Diapers can also be a stress point if you have not accepted the need for diapers or are scared of some one noticing you diapers, but once you stop worrying and relax when out in public I can see diapered having a calming effect. I have noticed this my self even though I wear for a medical issue and not by choice.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Rob110 said:
Diapers can also be a stress point if you have not accepted the need for diapers or are scared of some one noticing you diapers, but once you stop worrying and relax when out in public I can see diapered having a calming effect. I have noticed this my self even though I wear for a medical issue and not by choice.

Honestly, for me as of late, diapers seem to cause more stress. I've suddenly become very self conscious about them. Even just wearing at home causes anxiety to the point I barely wear anymore.

ej24 said:
Honestly, for me as of late, diapers seem to cause more stress. I've suddenly become very self conscious about them. Even just wearing at home causes anxiety to the point I barely wear anymore.
I'd guess that's only because you have yet to accept your need for diapers. Either that or you're probably still trying to keep them hidden at all costs. Once you come to terms of acceptance and openess your stress levels will dramatically decrease when diapered.

Slomo said:
I'd guess that's only because you have yet to accept your need for diapers. Either that or you're probably still trying to keep them hidden at all costs. Once you come to terms of acceptance and openess your stress levels will dramatically decrease when diapered.

That's the thing, I had accepted it in the past. Not sure what's changed other than my anxiety generally being higher. My gf knows and is ok with me wearing occasionally yet doing so causes soo much anxiety now when 6 months ago it didn't. It's amazing how much anxiety from work and life can spill over into everything, even things you found enjoyable previously

ej24 said:
That's the thing, I had accepted it in the past. Not sure what's changed other than my anxiety generally being higher. My gf knows and is ok with me wearing occasionally yet doing so causes soo much anxiety now when 6 months ago it didn't. It's amazing how much anxiety from work and life can spill over into everything, even things you found enjoyable previously
Well it's really good to know I guessed wrong.

Both my diapers and my spankings made me such a better person I behave and do my choirs and relax I laugh again play video games again my blood pressure dropped from 130/80/80’s to 106/72/70’s and I’m never nervous about having to find bathrooms I’m happy now and we get along my wife and I ,WIN !

Evahasgone2 said:
I speak for myself here and I say Bravo !! I feel naked without a diaper. Its like a model not wearing her make up. I think both abdl and dl people from this site will say the same. It is a form of relaxation and comfort. I am so relaxed and calm in a diaper. I can't even remember the last time I even got upset at anything. I give you one word of advise if you can stop the smoking you have the world by the cojones !! Be safe and stay calm hugs to you.
I agree, I feel confident while wearing a diaper, I don't have to worry about going to the bathroom

Reactions: Andrewgdfw
I sometimes wear diapers, but not all the time due to my current living situation. I’ve been feeling stressed for almost 2 years and wearing diapers have calmed me down a little bit during the times that I have a chance to wear one.

Reactions: JUSTONEBABY
Diapers have a calming effect on me as well I problem is I am getting to the point that I am going to need diapers all the time and having to get the money together for it is sometimes stressful.

Perfectly normal, for me, it helps relieve my stress and anxiety, I refuse to take medication for that cause I know a few people around me that are now drug addicted because of what is inside this kind of medication, you end up needing it, its worst than cigarettes or alcohol addiction. Just wearing a diaper and pretending I'm 2-3 yrs old and don't have to worry about anything is helping me so much to relax, unfortunately, I can't really regress the way I would want, cause I'm on my own, and the few times I tried I didn't go too far cause it would be risky, I'm sometimes in the mood of a 18 months baby when I regress, and that can be deadly where I am if I'm left alone.

Back