Who wears cloth diapers regularly and what type (poll)

Who wears cloth diapers ? what type and how regularly

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • no

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 24/7

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • day

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • night

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • only week ends or every so often

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • terry towel

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • prefold /contour

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • AIO

• Pocket

• Total voters

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
As per title who wears cloth
How regularly and what type

The Angry Diaper-Poll Nerd in me is trying to restrain himself, but can't help bemoaning that this poll is trying to do too many things at once, and so is going to paint a pretty murky picture. Plus, "yes" and "no" are non-answers with respect to the questions being asked, although I think I get the intent. Anyway...

I wear diapers only a few times a week. When I do wear, I mostly wear cloth diapers. When I wear cloth diapers, I mostly wear prefolds, pinned, with pull-on covers. I have lately dabbled into AIOs, but don't see them ever becoming my first choice. I just happened to stumble upon a cute one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver and Trevor
I like flats (not on list)

Reactions: Carnifex
ORBaby said:
I like flats (not on list)
Sorry forgot that one as they're not used much in UK

parcelboy2 said:
As per title who wears cloth
How regularly and what type

Cloth prefolds. If I am off sometimes 24/7. If I am working when I get home till I get up in the morning. Some days never.... just too much other stuff to get done.

I wear flat gauze diapers mostly 24/7. For overnight I add a baby prefold inside for extra absorbency. I wear pull-on plastic pants at night and snap-side ones during the day. I have several disposables but I save them for trips away from home and vacation.

Last edited:
I probably wear cloth 95% of the time, but I might only wear once to two times a week. I've worn a little more this week.

I wear cloth at night because I am a bed wetter. However, I use pull-on style (training pants type) cloth diapers--not listed on your poll. I like the pull-on because they are easier to put on and I don't have to deal with using pins. I use 2 or 3 pair depending on how much absorbancy I think I will need.

I have worn pull-on training pants in the past but the occasional bm accident makes them inconvenient and not practical when they need to be changed. Pin-on diapers work great for me.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
I wear diapers 24/7 due to bladder and bowel incontinence. My primary daytime diaper is Seni super plus. My primary nighttime diaper is either Dry 24/7 or Seni Quatro depending on the time of year. Dry 24/7 in the winter because they retain heat. Seni Quatro in the summer because the breath and stay cooler in the summer.

A contour gauze diaper for me with a doubler combined with a terry towel for overnight absorbency along with one of several different types of pullon vinyl pants. Has anyone else tried using liquid handsoap with Aloe Vera for washing your plastic pants? It seems like it significantly extends their usefulness and doesn't have the detrimental effects that some other cleansers can have.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Never tried washing them with liquid hand soap. Always use extra delicate cycle of washing machine and small amount of regular detergent. Pants seem to last a long time and come out clean.--I put them in the dryer for 10 minutes with some towels.

Last edited:
I wear cloth flat gauze, probably 75% of the time to bed. Sometimes with a baby diaper as a stuffer, sometimes not. Always with pull-on style plastic pants.

Last edited:
I have a whole lot of prefolds of various vintage. Some are bought from places like CTDC and AngelFluff, but most of them my wife made after I cornered the local market in birdseye diaper fabric. I also have a handful of pocket diapers that I use for change of pace.

I use them occasionally when I feel like it. I really need to buy a few more.

I have a bunch of flat diapers I was using only these for a while but they were starting to get holes in them I switched back to disposable diapers for the most part and every aio and pocket diaper I have tried have leaked

I used to wear birdseye cotton prefolds every nigh. They needed to be extra thick to work with my side sleeping though. That thickness ended up causing too much hip pain so I had to go back to disposables. Thankfully I found betterdry works good enough to not leak most nights.

I'm starting to become a bit of a modern cloth fanatic, nothing terribly fancy just Chinese pocket nappies and shaped microfiber boosters.
Only have enough nappies so far to last about 2 days, but I can see me ordering more as new prints and styles come onto the market.

Back