Does Shaving Help?

trekkyfrom21st

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Since I have became IC (I broke my back about 6 years ago do to my frequent falls with Cerebral Palsy and having Scolioses) I have been shaving that area to help keep it clean and prevent diaper rash, I think it does help, but do other people find this or is it just me?

I find it helps too. Also cuts on odor if you ask me. Hair holds on to scent really well.

I've gotten so used to it, it's incredibly uncomfortable to have hair there now even when I'm not padded.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I have been shaving since my high school days and I love the feeling. I use baby oil and I haven't had a rash in years. and Sheepies is right it does cut down on odors quite a lot.

I find it helps to I wear 24/7 because of IC. I feel dryer down there I believe it help prevent diaper rash and I also feel it cuts down on the smell. Hair love to hold smell and bacteria. I just feel cleaner all the way around and it also just makes clean up easy.

I used to shave because depending on the diaper and how much it covers if the hair down there is a little too long it might stick outside of your diaper causing it to leak plus it feels more comfortable when you are wearing a diaper

Be careful thou. The last thing you want is razor burn, ingrown hairs or any cuts that could get infected.
Rather then shaving you could also try just using a trimmer to get it close to the skin.
Waxing is an option. If its your first time, be sure to have a stick to bite on thou! LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheepies
It definitely helps with the hygiene and cleaning especially after a poo.

I generally don't shave myself bare. Rather, I like to use a clipper and leave just a little--no bush, just carpet. It still helps a lot with hygiene and odors, and it's less work to maintain. I used to shave myself bare, but could never quite get used to the "stubble" phase that came shortly after. It was always terribly annoying. Plus, the extra and more frequent work.

MandyBear said:
Be careful thou. The last thing you want is razor burn, ingrown hairs or any cuts that could get infected.
Rather then shaving you could also try just using a trimmer to get it close to the skin.
Waxing is an option. If its your first time, be sure to have a stick to bite on thou! LOL
Yes I forgot to mention! I don't shave down to the skin but rather I use a bikini trimmer to get down close. Razor nicks and human waste can be quite a dangerous duo.

I totally suggest trimming/waxing over shaving. Moreso trimming.

What do you guys know about nair, Is it a good alternative to shaving?

SicartheaSpikefan said:
What do you guys know about nair, Is it a good alternative to shaving?
You might want to have a read in this thread: duct-tape-waxing

Reactions: Halibut
Thanks

I shave dry entire diaper area to keep down the odor and irritation. It does take some time to get use to it. I find that if I shave every other day it’s easy to keep up with. Makes clean ups much easier especially with BMs.

I'm also completely "naked" I.e. clean shaven down there. Cuts down on odor and is easier to clean, plus I don't need as much preventive rashcreme

Back